Jon Favreau bails on Iron Man 3

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Havok
Miscreant

Re: Jon Favreau bails on Iron Man 3

Post by Havok »

ray245 wrote:So someone should be "forced" to do his job just because he made a good first and second film for Iron Man?
They still let you post?
Did I say anything about forcing him? I said it was what I preferred, and that he is an idiot in the matter for not seeing this coming when it was established as a direction in the first movie.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Re: Jon Favreau bails on Iron Man 3

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Havok wrote:
ray245 wrote:So someone should be "forced" to do his job just because he made a good first and second film for Iron Man?
They still let you post?
Did I say anything about forcing him? I said it was what I preferred, and that he is an idiot in the matter for not seeing this coming when it was established as a direction in the first movie.
Even if he did see it, he may have hoped that it would take a different shape than it eventually did. Besides, things that might come in the future should not distract you from the work at hand, so I see his actions quite reasonable. He stayed with the franchise as long as it still suited his way of making movies and left when it started to get sour for him.

As for the crossover thing: crossovers do belong to the Marvel universe comics. Motion pictures is a medium different from comics, like it is also different from books. Even though comics have pictures (unlike books), their way of presenting things is still vastly different from films. What works in a comic may not work in a movie. So saying that it happens in the comics is actually a rather weak argument. The storyline of a movie has to be followable on its own and this is doubly so for movies intended for large audiences, who may not know the history behind the characters.