an SSD versus Hogwarts

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Re: an SSD versus Hogwarts

Post by Master of Ossus »

Admiral Johnason wrote:A friend of mine keeps telling me that the Galatic empire would stand no chance against the Ministry of Magic and the Order of the Phonix. She says that turbolaser couldn't do squat against magic. Just how wrong is she and how many seconds would an Imperial victory take?
The SSD can effortlessly BDZ Earth. Regardless of how powerful the wizards are, they wouldn't do well with the vaporized remnants of Earth's crust filling their lungs. The TINY land mass covered by magical areas that are unplottable would similarly melt, and since the wizards don't appear to grow any food or anything in their tiny areas even if they survived the attack then they would all starve to death.

Besides that, Voldemorte is no match for Darth Vader.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Hogwarts is so fucked it isn't even funny.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I have yet to see much of Potterverse magic to be beyond LoS or small applications(considering that hiding a bunch of them at a sports feat seems to have taken monthes of prep time)

The SSD will effortlessly slag Earth and not care about any random mages that get deep fried.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

and they absolutely bloody always have to have their silly sticks at hand and utter those words - take them away or mute them and they are as harmless as a newborn
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

HemlockGrey wrote:Force-users playing Quidditch.

"The Snitch appears to be mysteriously flying to his hand...he's caught it! It's all over! And look! The other players appear to be dropping out of the sky like flies!"
Jonaleth Irenicus wins the big points for the coolest mage villain EVER seen in a computer game. Wonderfully voiced by the oh so talented John Hurt.
Which game?
"Foul! The ref calls in the Sith beater for illegal use of lightsabre!" :lol:
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Darth Gojira wrote: "Foul! The ref calls in the Sith beater for illegal use of lightsabre!" :lol:
"What?? You mean I'm not allowed to beat them?! Fine!"
*snap, hiss*
"I think we'll need a new ref...."
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Vympel wrote:Jonaleth Irenicus wins the big points for the coolest mage villain EVER seen in a computer game. Wonderfully voiced by the oh so talented John Hurt.

Not to say that Sarevok also didn't kick major arse, his voice was mean too. And he had that awesome armour.
Bodhi was pretty cool, too, actually. Baldur's Gate was a GREAT computer game series.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Imagine Vader as team captain.

"I find your lack of skill disturbing."

-choke-
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

HemlockGrey wrote:Imagine Vader as team captain.

"I find your lack of skill disturbing."

-choke-
Vader would be the ultimate BLUDGER.