What anime/comic/magic characters could defeat the Jedi IYO.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
KK wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:
Yes, LUKE SKYWALKER, THE MOST POWERFUL JEDI KNOWN crushed an AT-AT, so therefore, EVERY jedi can crush an AT-AT. :roll:
I was being sarcastic.
Dumbass, you add :roll: to the end of sarcastic comments!
Meh. I hate using emoticons.

I've spent much of the last few days debating that Yoda and Darth Vader aren't valid representatiosn of the average Jedi, so I figured it would obvious.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

How does the force stand up to low-level magic?
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Warriors just woudnt have a chance...ever...A mage on the other hand can defend themselves from such things(defensive spells are nice. And then unleash a wave of horrible destruction upon an armored Jedi...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

KK wrote:How does the force stand up to low-level magic?
Roughly equal, better in places. The sort of magic one would get from an apprenticeship and nothing more is, quite often, inferior to a Jedi's abilities(No TK, no Precog, minimal firepower). Magic has a few tricks up it's sleeves, but generally ones needs a seasoned mage or one from a high-power setting(Like Netheril) to bring down a Jedi.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Would you classify The Force as "Magic meets Psionics"?
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Depends...with the right spells...a 6th level mage could wipe the floor with a jedi. Fly, fireball... casts grace...levitation(no reflex save for you)
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

KK wrote:Would you classify The Force as "Magic meets Psionics"?
No. I would classify the Force as a unique form of magic. The main defining difference is psionics comes from within.. The Force uses an outside source. The primary differences are that the Jedi hold themselves to a superior moral code(So they don't get wielders sitting in towers ruling entire countries... Often), and seek philosophical happiness. Combine this with their superior technology, and they become dangerous to most.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Just psionics... There is an equivalent psionic power to just about every force ability...

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
Just psionics... There is an equivalent psionic power to just about every force ability...
Oh boy... The two biggest D&Dverse fans are gonna have a throwdown soon enough, at this rate.

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

That would be fun....

If it happens..no hard feelings my master.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:That would be fun....

Bah, since when do I take these to hard feelings?

Anyway.. Lemme find where the hell my magic calc threads are in OSF so I can copy them over.

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

*Starts chanting* Fight, fight, fight, fight!

*Sees Nitram and Alyrium looking at him.* Ummm, I mean...uhhh...
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

It seems to be Psions meet Parasyte Eve. They're ethier utlizion an exisisting bio-energy field or generating it threw midichrolins. Or a possible combination.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

*looks at Cyran* Begone *casts teleport other*

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

SirNitram wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:That would be fun....

Bah, since when do I take these to hard feelings?

Anyway.. Lemme find where the hell my magic calc threads are in OSF so I can copy them over.
I remember that...calculated a lightning bolt at like...IRC ten tons of TNT

ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Drooling Iguana wrote:
Shinova wrote:I've always thought the Jedi/Sith > DBZ characters position was a bit flaky.

Sith apparently being able to crush brains, but then again, these are DBZ people after all. Also, Buu doesn't have a brain or any kind of internal organ.

So...yeah.
The difference is that Jedi/Sith have the ability to crush the brains of other Star Wars characters. The DBZ people have the ability to crush the brains of their viewers.
What difference? Piccolo lifts 3 pryimids into the clouds and begins a crack on the surface of the earth, all with TK, and which he promptly fixes the earth with TK.

And seeing the logic that some of the people have here, I could say the same thing about SW crushing peoples brains.
Another vs. Jedi thread? Are these people trying to prove some stupid point to themselves?
My intention was clearly stated. There is a vast gap in what people think would take to defeat Yoda, or a normal Jedi. Some say that SSJ3 Goku and Chou Gohan lose horribly to Vader and the Emperor, while others believe that Spiderman could take down a Jedi.

So god forbid we work together to try to get to a general consensus. Instead of having 19 pages of where one side provids arguments based on cannon facts and the other side ignores it saying that its impossible, or having these topics turn into flame wars.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Just for the hell of it.. the Saint of Killers.

Saint: Howdy.
Jedi: ...fuck.
*BLAM!*
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

>70% Hong Kong uber-kungfu-wank comic characters, their internal organs, veins are strong enough against Force Choke type attacks, not quite sure about their speed vs. Force precog, but their attack range and brute force are beyond a Jedi's reach, and this is before I mention those ridiculous mountain chopping weapons....
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

DBZ is the worst thing ever, and I can't believe there's a human old/intelligent enough to use a computer who's a fan of Sailor Moon.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:DBZ is the worst thing ever, and I can't believe there's a human old/intelligent enough to use a computer who's a fan of Sailor Moon.
You DO realize you just insulted Spanky The Dolphin, right?

*Waits for the massive flames to begin*
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:DBZ is the worst thing ever, and I can't believe there's a human old/intelligent enough to use a computer who's a fan of Sailor Moon.
You, as usual, deserve the painful death that's about to begin when Phong finds this.

Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

"At least" the Headmaster of Otokojuku (Sakigake! Otokojuku ), this guy can survive in space with no life support and hang on NASA's space shuttle to return to earth, blow up a mountain in one punch.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

The typical force user would be equal to a level 6-12 psi in
2nd Edition DnD.
Antie
Youngling

Post by Antie »

FOG3 wrote:Sailor Pluto (NOTE: all sailor scout as per manga not anime)
Sailor Saturn
Sailor Moon (can you say Ginzuishou?)
You can add Sailor Galaxia to your list, I think.
Yogi wrote:
You DO realize you just insulted Spanky The Dolphin, right?

*Waits for the massive flames to begin*
GrandAdmiralPrawn insulted me, too. I will freely admit that I am a hard-core Sailor Moon fan.
Latitator Latinicophilus apud StarDestroyer.net
The Latin-Loving Lurker at StarDestroyer.net
Governess - The Fanlisting for Tatiana N. Romanova
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Thunderfire wrote:
The typical force user would be equal to a level 6-12 psi in
2nd Edition DnD.
I can find most of their powers...or an equivalent in the levels 1-4 power llist for a psion in 3rd edition.