hulk vs godzilla

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

thecreech wrote:Hey wasn't that iguana like ten times bigger than the original godzilla
No. Something that size couldn't have evaded the US military for so long. Besides, that overgrown iguana doesn't have the Atomic Breath™, which is a trademark Godzilla move. Therefore, that thing wasn't Godzilla, and that movie falls under the Highlander 2 clause. It never happened.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Smiling Bandit wrote:Actually, the Hulk will take this one: at his full strenth, he could simply toss Gogi off the planet.
Unsupported claim utilizing a no-limits fallacy.
And not even Godzilla could realy hurt him.
Demonstrate the Hulk's ability to withstand nuclear weapons.
HULK IS THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!!!
Hulk. Hulk is weak.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Wait! What if the Hulk jumped down Godzilla's throat and beat him down from the inside? Huh? Huh?!

Well I tried.

SQUISH!goes the Hulk.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Wait! What if the Hulk jumped down Godzilla's throat and beat him down from the inside? Huh? Huh?!

Well I tried.

SQUISH!goes the Hulk.
GODZILLA: (translated from Roaring) I feel as if though a frog was in my throat! I'm getting some herbal tea. *COUGH* BOOM
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

It's interesting, but both The Hulk and Godzilla have both been known to gain strength through further radiation exposure. Godzilla has specifically absorbed all of the radiation form nuclear reactors, nuclear ballistic missile submarines etc... what's to say he wouldn't leach the gamma radiation right out of the Hulk. (better yet, Godzilla's sense for sources of nuclear energy to feed off of would be a convienent reason for a Godzilla/Hulk confrontation).

Now, on the other front. What if exposure to Godzilla's own background radiation or glancing blows from his oral radiation blast (worked for Rodan in GvsMGII) just further empowered the Hulk, ala the Maestro? I still don't think the Hulk would ever gain enough power to defeat Godzilla one on one but it could drag things out longer. :)

By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

I really see no way that Hulk can win this. Both of them have a sort of healing factor, but Hulk really could not do much against the sheer size of Godzilla.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

The Destoryer never beated Godzilla. Heck, the Destoryer was beaten by a super x! :shock: :lol:
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Destroyer just had the back luck of running up against an anti-kaiju weapon they could actually test and make sure worked before having to use it.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

I know, I was just picking. :)

The super x did an immpressive job taking on a monster fighting an powered-up Godzilla. But I couldn't let it go after he said D defeated G.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

I've got to watch some of the real Godzilla movies one of these days...
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Jonathanos
BANNED

Post by Jonathanos »

Godzilla loses this badly. His durability is nowhere near the Hulk's. Watch the latest Godzilla movie. Missles were breaking through Godzilla's armor. The Hulk laughs at the military's arsenal.

The Hulk can survive nuclear explosions. See IH #174, 117, Annual #14. IH #444 has the Hulk explaining to Janis that he'd "TRIED" to use one of the Pantheon's safehouses to escape the nuclear detonation in IH #440. A weakened Hulk survived Havok's full power in IH #391, which was described as atomic-level. Atomic breath won't stop the Hulk.

Godzilla can step on the Hulk all he likes; he won't be crushing the Hulk. The Leader's humanoid did that, even increasing its weight to that of a mountain, and the Hulk tossed it. 150 billion tons of rock was dropped on top of the heroes in Secret Wars #4. Who held it up? The Hulk--a rage-impaired Hulk, at that.

Godzilla lacks the offensive strength to put the Hulk down and the defensive strength to withstand the Hulk's attacks.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Strange how you take the ultra high of everything Hulk does, take the ultra low end of Godzilla and claim victory. :roll:

This is no different then using Godzilla at his height against the Avengers vs Hulk in Grey Mode in Vegas.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Just a few low ends that Johnathanos wants to ignore because high ends always sound more Impressive.

At close range a pistol that may have took about a chuck of concrete no more then a basketball at maxium could kill him at point blank...literally blow his head off. Another gun(Also did very little to the surrounding area...blew off a wooden door and about a 6-8 foot hole in said wall...Hulk walked through said hole...but not completely) hurt him enough to cause profuse bleeding...in fact was considered a Hulk killer(gibberish because said gun did no such thing).

Usually super feat are then replaced with feat such as Hitting Rick Jones but only propels him back(does anyone really want to the calcs of said shockwave would do to human body at point blank range)

In fact Speed comes into question given Rick Jones was literally a 100 year old invalid but had the speed and time to put up said shield in time to intercept Hulk's Punch.

The best was a low KT bomb...atomizes most of Hulk(He regens from this...but doesn't deny how low it takes to kill him, hell he backs up said with dialogue that Nukes can kill him).
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Didn't we also have Maestro who was essentially an uber Hulk killed by a kilotn level gamma bomb at the end of Future Imperfect?

Wolverine fighting Hulk to a standstill?

Yet we have Godzilla routinely walking through attacks that have deciomated entire city blocks?

Oh and the mountain in Secret Wars was a brainbug by Hulkphiles since if you actually go back and READ the scene, they found a small pocket inside the mountain that was collapsing and the Hulk was bracing that portion up of the mountain, NOT the entire mountain as that would not make much sense anyway since the rest of the mountain was already on terra firma.

Hulk is tough but Godzilla takes this.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Darth_Shinji wrote:I know, I was just picking. :)

The super x did an immpressive job taking on a monster fighting an powered-up Godzilla. But I couldn't let it go after he said D defeated G.
Technically Destoroyah did beat Godzilla. He lost, but lasted just long enough for Godzilla's heart to fail. But I conceed the point anyway.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Wow, its great to see that the Hulk-supporting comic fanwhores are continuing their long-held tradition of the "No-Math" mentality. Is there even one person among you morons who can do basic math?

By the way, I'm still waiting for them to start "elevating" things by dragging out the "Hulk can smash planets" masturbatory fantasies or something like that, or to start attacking Godzilla for violating physics (in order to justify their own violations of physics.) Usually they just start screaming about how Hulk will sneeze or jack off or clap his hands and blow up the moon or something. :D
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Oh yes, and for the record, lets try to keep the difference between lower and upper limits straight (This time I'm not being sarcastic to anyone, I would like to keep a modicum of scientific reason in these debates, even if there are certain people among the pro-hulk side who have consistently demonstrated an inability to make such a mental leap.)
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Jonathanos wrote:Godzilla loses this badly. His durability is nowhere near the Hulk's. Watch the latest Godzilla movie. Missles were breaking through Godzilla's armor. The Hulk laughs at the military's arsenal.
That Godzilla is Godzilla only in name. No one considers that the REAL Godzilla from the old Japanese flicks--those films being the Godzilla everyone refers to.

That was an awful, awful film BTW.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Jonathanos
BANNED

Post by Jonathanos »

Ghost Rider wrote: Just a few low ends that Johnathanos wants to ignore because high ends always sound more Impressive.

At close range a pistol that may have took about a chuck of concrete no more then a basketball at maxium could kill him at point blank...literally blow his head off. Another gun(Also did very little to the surrounding area...blew off a wooden door and about a 6-8 foot hole in said wall...Hulk walked through said hole...but not completely) hurt him enough to cause profuse bleeding...in fact was considered a Hulk killer(gibberish because said gun did no such thing).
Issue number because this sounds like bs.
Ghost Rider wrote: Usually super feat are then replaced with feat such as Hitting Rick Jones but only propels him back(does anyone really want to the calcs of said shockwave would do to human body at point blank range)

In fact Speed comes into question given Rick Jones was literally a 100 year old invalid but had the speed and time to put up said shield in time to intercept Hulk's Punch.
Wait a second here. Rick Jones slips Cap's shield between himself and the Maestro and the damned shield's ability to absorb impact is overpowered by the Hulk's attack, rocketing Rick Jones back, and you're saying this is unimpressive? LOL
Ghost Rider wrote:The best was a low KT bomb...atomizes most of Hulk(He regens from this...but doesn't deny how low it takes to kill him, hell he backs up said with dialogue that Nukes can kill him).
Issue number for the "atomizing most of the Hulk." Unless you're referring to the gamma bomb in Future Imperfect. In which case, I can pull out reference after reference for the negative effect gamma radiation sometimes has on the Hulk--which in many cases is to transform him into human form.

Other nuclear detonations do no harm to the Hulk. So... you were saying?
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

The general point, Jonathanos, is you are presenting a no-math mentality, while handwaving the low points of Hulk away. If you want to win a debate, you had better be able to quantify these events as well as referencing them. If you do not think this is worth that amount of effort, find a less intensive hobby.

Me, I know next to nothing of either Hulk or Godzilla. Though it occours to me if Godzilla doesn't pull off a quick kill, both will gradually become more and more powerful over the course of the fight. In which case the real loser is Tokyo.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Jonathanos
BANNED

Post by Jonathanos »

Ghost Rider wrote:Strange how you take the ultra high of everything Hulk does, take the ultra low end of Godzilla and claim victory. :roll:
LOL. "Ultra high?" No, that would be things like IH #126-- Enduring a cosmos-destroying attack. Or IH #242--Physically grasping energy. Or MCP #52--Destroying a planet-sized asteroid with a punch. Or MTU Annual #2--Overcoming matter/anti-matter attraction. Or TTA #89--Overcoming planet-moving force while resisting a cosmic being's mental power.

That's high-end. Enduring nuclear detonations--which the Hulk has done several times and has been stated to have taken them without a scratch--is not. Lifting a mountain--another item the Hulk has done on several occasions--is not.
Ghost Rider wrote:This is no different then using Godzilla at his height against the Avengers vs Hulk in Grey Mode in Vegas.
Grey Mode as you call isn't that much weaker than green mode, contrary to what you seem to think. In fact, he has beaten a few opponents more easily than his green counterpart. For example, the Blob and Samson. And at his weakest point during the day, the grey Hulk's skin could not be penetrated by a missle as Godzilla's armor was in Godzilla 2000. Please note that this is NOT the Broderick movie.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Jonathanos wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Strange how you take the ultra high of everything Hulk does, take the ultra low end of Godzilla and claim victory. :roll:
LOL. "Ultra high?" No, that would be things like IH #126-- Enduring a cosmos-destroying attack. Or IH #242--Physically grasping energy. Or MCP #52--Destroying a planet-sized asteroid with a punch. Or MTU Annual #2--Overcoming matter/anti-matter attraction. Or TTA #89--Overcoming planet-moving force while resisting a cosmic being's mental power.
How vague. Not to mention chock-a-lotta-full of stupidities which defy science. Perhaps you'll be able to quantify a few of these for this debate instead of just mentioning in passing.
That's high-end. Enduring nuclear detonations--which the Hulk has done several times and has been stated to have taken them without a scratch--is not. Lifting a mountain--another item the Hulk has done on several occasions--is not.
Funny how you fail to reference the issues, or even provide more specifics.
Ghost Rider wrote:This is no different then using Godzilla at his height against the Avengers vs Hulk in Grey Mode in Vegas.
Grey Mode as you call isn't that much weaker than green mode, contrary to what you seem to think. In fact, he has beaten a few opponents more easily than his green counterpart. For example, the Blob and Samson. And at his weakest point during the day, the grey Hulk's skin could not be penetrated by a missle as Godzilla's armor was in Godzilla 2000. Please note that this is NOT the Broderick movie.
If you bring up the new movies again, I will be forced to create a Netheril vs. Hulk thread to air out your stupidities.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Nitram's hit the nail on the head. Like most of these debates I've observed and participated in with comic/anime/manga fanwhores (distinguished by normal fans because of the dishoensty and idiocy displayed) they refuse to do the analysis, yet act and discuss the topic as if they did (And know what they're talking about.) Moreover, challenging them to produce valid calculations or numbers (which would assist in debating the topic) is near-impossible.

Though to be fair, if the Hulk side CAN produce the numbers, the Godzilla side should as well. (just a warning to the 'Zilla side.) What numbers DOES the godzilla side have?
Jonathanos
BANNED

Post by Jonathanos »

Stravo wrote: Didn't we also have Maestro who was essentially an uber Hulk killed by a kilotn level gamma bomb at the end of Future Imperfect?
An uber-Hulk killed by a gamma bomb. So what? That's the only time a nuclear bomb has killed the Hulk--and it was a specific type. Every other time he's hit with a nuke, he survives easily.
Stravo wrote:Wolverine fighting Hulk to a standstill?
King Kong stalemating Godzilla.
Stravo wrote:Yet we have Godzilla routinely walking through attacks that have deciomated entire city blocks?
And we have the Hulk completely unaffected by anything at this level...
Stravo wrote:Oh and the mountain in Secret Wars was a brainbug by Hulkphiles since if you actually go back and READ the scene, they found a small pocket inside the mountain that was collapsing and the Hulk was bracing that portion up of the mountain, NOT the entire mountain as that would not make much sense anyway since the rest of the mountain was already on terra firma.
And if you actually do read it, you'll note that it wasn't a mountain that was dropped on them but a mountain RANGE--one that dwarfs the Andes. You'll also note that it says they are beneath billions of tons.

You, btw, can kindly point out where I said the Hulk was holding up the entire range and not the billions of tons (narration) above him.
Stravo wrote:Hulk is tough but Godzilla takes this.
Not hardly. He has nothing to hurt the Hulk. His atomic breath is useless. His durability is too low. Godzilla goes down hard.
Jonathanos
BANNED

Post by Jonathanos »

Connor MacLeod wrote:Wow, its great to see that the Hulk-supporting comic fanwhores are continuing their long-held tradition of the "No-Math" mentality. Is there even one person among you morons who can do basic math?

By the way, I'm still waiting for them to start "elevating" things by dragging out the "Hulk can smash planets" masturbatory fantasies or something like that, or to start attacking Godzilla for violating physics (in order to justify their own violations of physics.) Usually they just start screaming about how Hulk will sneeze or jack off or clap his hands and blow up the moon or something. :D
I'll not lower myself to your level by throwing insults around.

Since you're so adept at basic math, tell me:

If the Hulk laughs off everything the military tosses at him and Godzilla--not the Broderick version but as in Godzilla 2000--is damaged by fighter jets and the like, who's more durable?