New M:tG Scourge Set

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Soontir C'boath wrote:MTG should be dead........*ramble on how they ban a whole buncha nice cards from the old days.....juggarnaughts...serra angels,,,demonic tutor......*~Jason
Amen! You tell 'em Brother!

*caresses her Black/Red LandKiller deck* My preeecioussss...
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

LadyTevar wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:MTG should be dead........*ramble on how they ban a whole buncha nice cards from the old days.....juggarnaughts...serra angels,,,demonic tutor......*~Jason
Amen! You tell 'em Brother!

*caresses her Black/Red LandKiller deck* My preeecioussss...
My most powerful deck has got a bunch of the good oldies, like Pestilence :D .
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Captain_Cyran wrote:An evil combo is "Form of the Dragon" and the one white card from Torment, instead of loosing a life you gain a life and if at the end of your turn you have over 20 life you loose the game. I CAN NEVER DIE!

Another evil combo is "Day of Dragons", "Artificial Evolution" and "Naturalize/Disenchant" Bring in "Day of Dragons" use "Artificial Evolution to change the text from Dragons to some other creature type and destroy "Day of Dragons" with "Disenchant" and get all your creatures back PLUS keep your 5/5 Dragons. :D
*whimper whimper*

I miss my Dragon Deck! :cry: :cry: Some bastard stole it and the whole box of 5 decks it was with right out of the gaming store.

My four Shivans... my 4 Granite Gargoyles... my ViaShivan and the Drakes to get it out without mana cost.... my 4 Dragon Legends ... my Volcanic Dragons... my 2 HellKites... my Bogardan Pheonixes ... my Alabaster Dragon and my Sand Dragon and that Banding 1/1 dragon from DragonCon ... my Firedrakes and Azure Drakes and Kycus Drakes and Spitting Drakes and Dragon Whelps and my 20 Dual Lands to help power it!
:cry: WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

And my SLIVERS deck!
And my Blue/white 80% Deck! the one with all the Angels and Falcons!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :cry:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

LadyTevar wrote:*whimper whimper*

I miss my Dragon Deck! :cry: :cry: Some bastard stole it and the whole box of 5 decks it was with right out of the gaming store.
Someone stole your decks?! Those asses, I hope they rot in hell for that. A Dragon deck christ...those things are damn expensive...
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Capt, you don't play type 1 huh.
20 mana combos that require 3 colors of mana, while cool suck. Scourge is an insanely weak set compares to Urzas saga, or even tempest. The only good cards are Mind's desire (BROKEN!BROKEN!) and tendrils of agony. Unless your a type 2 weiner.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Dark Hellion wrote:Capt, you don't play type 1 huh.
20 mana combos that require 3 colors of mana, while cool suck. Scourge is an insanely weak set compares to Urzas saga, or even tempest. The only good cards are Mind's desire (BROKEN!BROKEN!) and tendrils of agony. Unless your a type 2 weiner.
Um, actually all of my decks are type 1, except for one.

And the Day of Dragons combo is only two colors. Artificial evolution, and Day of Dragons is Blue, and you can use either a Naturalize (Green) OR a Disenchant (White) I only see two colors.

The only problem I have with Scourge is the sometimes insanely high Mana costs on cards. Though I don't know about you but a card that gives a Creature +1/+0 and fear for a black and a generic...I call that pretty damn good considering it's also a common.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Dude, I play with a group were P9 flow like water, fear is nice until half you board is balanced away.
The cards from scourge have a limited affect and are all way to mana intensive.
Combos that require more than 4 mana generally suck in real type 1 without an engine to "GO OFF".
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Dark Hellion wrote:Capt, you don't play type 1 huh.
Tempest was a nice set.

The Dark was a naaaassssty set. I loved it.
Ice Age had some very evil cards in it ... that's why Icy Manipulator decks got banned.
Alliance sucked.
Mirage/Visions had very nice cards in it. I still love the Flanking effect.

All in all, Scourge isn't that bad.

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

LadyTevar wrote:Tempest was a nice set.

The Dark was a naaaassssty set. I loved it.
Ice Age had some very evil cards in it ... that's why Icy Manipulator decks got banned.
Alliance sucked.
Mirage/Visions had very nice cards in it. I still love the Flanking effect.

All in all, Scourge isn't that bad.
Tempest has the Medallions right? I love the medallions...

Ice Age definately had some evil cards. Agreed that Alliance sucked quite a bit. I love the Flanking ability, it was so wonderful. Gotta love the old Rampage ability too.
Son of the Suns
Lex Eternus

Post by Son of the Suns »

My deapest simpathies LT, a friend of mine brought 200 rare cards with him to a gaming store and was stupid enough to set them down unattended ( they were in his jacket.) When he came back someone had stolen them all.

Type 2 decks have always had problems competeing with Type 1, of course there is so much more avalable for Type 1.

I think anyone can be proud of a Type 2 deck that can stay alive for more than a few turns with a Type 1, of course Onslaught alone had a half dozen infinite combos thrown into it.

BTW, anyone have any Crystaline Slivers I can buy? I'd like to throw a few of those and some queen slivers + muscle slivers into a Legion Sliver deck.
Son of the Suns
Lex Eternus

Also, how do ya'll feel about people going on the net and using proxy cards they've just copied and printed?

The collector in me thinks it's cheap, but in some ways it's the only way you can get cards without spending several thousand dollars.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Son of the Suns wrote:My deapest simpathies LT, a friend of mine brought 200 rare cards with him to a gaming store and was stupid enough to set them down unattended ( they were in his jacket.) When he came back someone had stolen them all.

Type 2 decks have always had problems competeing with Type 1, of course there is so much more avalable for Type 1.

I think anyone can be proud of a Type 2 deck that can stay alive for more than a few turns with a Type 1, of course Onslaught alone had a half dozen infinite combos thrown into it.

BTW, anyone have any Crystaline Slivers I can buy? I'd like to throw a few of those and some queen slivers + muscle slivers into a Legion Sliver deck.
Dude, I hate thieves like that and I swear that if I catch anyone trying to steal my cards (I have lost one or two to thievery) they will be meeting my friend "Meatcleaver of Doom".

I know my brother has all of those slivers, I don't know how willing he is to sell them though.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Son of the Suns wrote:Also, how do ya'll feel about people going on the net and using proxy cards they've just copied and printed?

The collector in me thinks it's cheap, but in some ways it's the only way you can get cards without spending several thousand dollars.
It's not actually proxying unless they own the card. If they just take a card off the internet and don't own it, and have no intention of buying it. It had better not be a super-rare or I won't play against them.
Son of the Suns
Lex Eternus

Captain_Cyran wrote:
Son of the Suns wrote:Also, how do ya'll feel about people going on the net and using proxy cards they've just copied and printed?

It's not actually proxying unless they own the card. If they just take a card off the internet and don't own it, and have no intention of buying it. It had better not be a super-rare or I won't play against them.

Damn straight, the only people I'll play with that that are the ones that I know have the cards.

Unfortunately they are the same ones that tend to dig up some card from 10 years ago that I've never heard of and use it to pull a infinite whatever comnbo out of their ass, jsut as I'm about to kill them. :x
gravity
Padawan Learner

Post by gravity »

A lot of the cards, in scourge, while cool, are too damn expensive. I haven't played Magic in a while, but I miss the days of White Weenie, Sligh and Stompy decks that could kill by turn 4 or 5. I hear there are still some fairly speedy decks around though.
Baron Mordo
Jedi Knight

Post by Baron Mordo »

My goodness, Magic has gone downhill. If they have to rotate Serra Angels and Prodigal Sorcerers back into the basic set, you know something's gone wrong.
Dizzy D
Youngling

Post by Dizzy D »

It has some nice cards, but most of it is way too expensive. The storm cards are good though.

Day of the Dragons, though expensive, can be a very good card in an otherwise weenie deck.

And Stiffle is very useful.

Xantid Swarm is nice and cheap.
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Hmm, there are a few new good white cards...

I'm thinking them paired up with Reya Dawnbringer, would make a kick ass deck. Add a few Cephalid Constables...

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

I would pay money to see WotC go down in flames, especially after them buying out TSR.

Anyways, I quit playing after alliance, but still have all my cards. I should probably sell them, but it's hard to find anyone to buy Ali from Cairo or an Unlimited Icy Manipulator, after they came out with ridiculously powerful cars in later expansions to satisfy the whiney 8-year olds who always got stomped by veteran players. I should dig through my rare binder and just slap the thing on E-bay or something.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Son of the Suns wrote:
They were in another of the stolen decks.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

TheFeniX wrote:I would pay money to see WotC go down in flames, especially after them buying out TSR.

Anyways, I quit playing after alliance, but still have all my cards. I should probably sell them, but it's hard to find anyone to buy Ali from Cairo or an Unlimited Icy Manipulator, after they came out with ridiculously powerful cars in later expansions to satisfy the whiney 8-year olds who always got stomped by veteran players. I should dig through my rare binder and just slap the thing on E-bay or something.
WAIT!

Before you go Ebay, Talk to me.. :D I'll pay Scrye median price.

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

LadyTevar wrote:WAIT!

Before you go Ebay, Talk to me.. :D I'll pay Scrye median price.
Um...ok. Send an e-mail to MOTLTheFeniX@hotmail.com asking for such and I'll try and steal my parents digital camera to snap photos of my rare binder.

I would prefer some form of registered money transfer as I have been burned in the past when I was infinitly more niave (read: stupid).
Baron Mordo
Jedi Knight

Post by Baron Mordo »

TheFeniX wrote:Anyways, I quit playing after alliance, but still have all my cards. I should probably sell them,
I'm interested in this.
Son of the Suns
Lex Eternus

Forgotten Ancient from Scourge is the best card I've seen in awhile.

You get to but 1/1 counters on it when anyone plays a spell, then move the counters later to other creatures.
Dizzy D
Youngling

Post by Dizzy D »

Son of the Suns wrote:Forgotten Ancient from Scourge is the best card I've seen in awhile.

You get to but 1/1 counters on it when anyone plays a spell, then move the counters later to other creatures.
4 mana for a 0/3 and then you need spells to get it pumped. And you can only move the counters during your upkeep. By the time it becomes a threat your opponent has taken care of it.

If you want your creatures pumped use the green Wind from Prophecy or the Decree of Savagery, yes they are incredibly expensive, but since you are playing green, you probably will have lots of mana (elves and all) and most important they work far quicker than this one.