The Force vs. everything else from every other known fiction

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Darth_Shinji wrote:KK asked the question how you can stand by the EU and condone the Force when it too has inconsistences like races that are immune to direct contact with it, and creatures that negate it over an area,
Um, that's not an inconsistency. It's a widely known and accepted aspect of the Force. (Ysalamiri, etc)
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

To answer the original question, I once again invoke the saying.

1 Netherese Archwizard, 5 minutes. Four of those minutes are spent toying with the Jedi.

As for KK's whining, knocking over an object doesn't require as much as lifting it(I can regularly push over large rocks far too big for me to lift), so you'd better run some calc's if you want to be ironclad. If you haven't, you're being justifiably flamed.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Shinova wrote:
Darth_Shinji wrote:KK asked the question how you can stand by the EU and condone the Force when it too has inconsistences like races that are immune to direct contact with it, and creatures that negate it over an area,
Um, that's not an inconsistency. It's a widely known and accepted aspect of the Force. (Ysalamiri, etc)
Its inconsistent with the laws of phyics. force is force. If someone was able to generate some force it should work on anything. ZTruth be told its the many reason I think the pull the brain out threw the skull never happens in the moves and all we see along that lines appears to be slow stranglation.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Darth_Shinji wrote:Its inconsistent with the laws of phyics. force is force. If someone was able to generate some force it should work on anything.
The gravity of our planet pushes us all towards and downwards into the ground. Do you know why we're all not currently sinking at high speeds toward the earth's core?

Cause there's a COUNTER FORCE against the pull provided by the ground.

Going by that same reasoning, the ysalamiri and such are able to resist or block out the Force cause they apply a counter-force against it.
What's her bust size!?

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Oh, and it's "The Force" not "force".
What's her bust size!?

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Shinova wrote:
Darth_Shinji wrote:Its inconsistent with the laws of phyics. force is force. If someone was able to generate some force it should work on anything.
The gravity of our planet pushes us all towards and downwards into the ground. Do you know why we're all not currently sinking at high speeds toward the earth's core?

Cause there's a COUNTER FORCE against the pull provided by the ground.

Going by that same reasoning, the ysalamiri and such are able to resist or block out the Force cause they apply a counter-force against it.
Wouldn't it affect everything else? The Force can.

Anyway while comendable this will not get us anywhere, what about the Vong? Force can press the air molecles to kill them but can't effect them directly.

And the big two TK and Precog themselves break phyisical laws anyway.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Shinova wrote:Oh, and it's "The Force" not "force".
I meant force as in force in the above paragraph. The tk phyisical potion.

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Darth_Shinji wrote:Wouldn't it affect everything else? The Force can.

Anyway while comendable this will not get us anywhere, what about the Vong? Force can press the air molecles to kill them but can't effect them directly.
I've never read NJO. But I'm assuming that while the Force can press air molecules, once its influence reaches the area where the Vong's counterinfluence is in effect, the Force can go no further.
And the big two TK and Precog themselves break phyisical laws anyway.
No one, or at least no one in their right mind, would ever try to say that the Force was invented with any kind of grounding in real physical laws.

Meaning that it's basically magic, and we all accept it as such. End of story. We don't try to muck around it with how it fits physical laws or how it breaks them. We just accept it as it is.
What's her bust size!?

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

I see Shinji is back to doing what he does best, trolling.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Shinova wrote: No one, or at least no one in their right mind, would ever try to say that the Force was invented with any kind of grounding in real physical laws.

Meaning that it's basically magic, and we all accept it as such. End of story. We don't try to muck around it with how it fits physical laws or how it breaks them. We just accept it as it is.
Exactly my point. The deal with this is that Wong can except that The Force can break phyisical laws but doesn't except the phyisic immpossiblilty's in other sci-fi. While you could say that becuase the Force is more unknown we could "leave the gap open" and forget that the effect in question is still actaully happening and we can take it as it looks. Unlike other sci-fi when there is no way it could happen as we see it. Its still a form of lesser hypocrispy.

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

SirNitram wrote:I see Shinji is back to doing what he does best, trolling.
You know I love how this board uses that word.

So how am I trolling exactly?

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Darth_Shinji wrote:

Simply trying to get a negative response. Exactly as you did when this board was created. Your signature is a beautiful example of it.

The Force, within it's own rules, is consistant. Comics rarely are, the powers fluctuating massively to keep it enough of a fight.

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

SirNitram wrote:
Darth_Shinji wrote:

Simply trying to get a negative response. Exactly as you did when this board was created. Your signature is a beautiful example of it.

The Force, within it's own rules, is consistant. Comics rarely are, the powers fluctuating massively to keep it enough of a fight.
I did no such thing. I was a member of this baord for a long time before the pred thread came up. I came here to debate and I still debate. However I am posting what I think of the debate and I don't care if it fits other peoples point of veiws. My quote was in response to Darth Wong's slandering me with the VI title in the first place. I do not start the flames wars I mearly end them. Thats what pissed DW off in the first place and he gave me that title. A guy who admits that he is here to escape maturity on his very webpage. So don't accuse me of trolling and I'm mearly doning to you guys as you have done to me.

So quit whining.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Darth_Shinji wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
Darth_Shinji wrote: You know I love how this board uses that word.

I did no such thing. I was a member of this baord for a long time before the pred thread came up. I came here to debate and I still debate. However I am posting what I think of the debate and I don't care if it fits other peoples point of veiws. My quote was in response to Darth Wong's slandering me with the VI title in the first place. I do not start the flames wars I mearly end them. Thats what pissed DW off in the first place and he gave me that title. A guy who admits that he is here to escape maturity on his very webpage. So don't accuse me of trolling and I'm mearly doning to you guys as you have done to me.

So quit whining.
It's incredibly hard to take such bad spelling seriously, outside of HIT-MAN. However, I will try.

Oh yes, the Pred Thread. I remember your stupidity there. Claiming bulletproof armour or whatever when bullets were hurting the Pred. Sure. Keep telling yourself you're somehow not trolling or starting up shit.

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

SirNitram wrote:

It's incredibly hard to take such bad spelling seriously, outside of HIT-MAN. However, I will try.

Oh yes, the Pred Thread. I remember your stupidity there. Claiming bulletproof armour or whatever when bullets were hurting the Pred. Sure. Keep telling yourself you're somehow not trolling or starting up shit.
Your not trying to start up shit? And watch the scene you are trying to remember before you start saying shit that isn't true. Some people might consider it lying.

Now post to the debate and quite doing what you accuse me of doing.

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

This thread moron.

Literally the entire thing you failed the whole Burden of Proof.

And hell...it still didn't matter, but you kept insisting a bullet-proof cloak, but failing the whole Burden of Proof.

So care to prove the scene again...or are you going to do what you did last time.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Ghost Rider wrote:This thread moron.

Literally the entire thing you failed the whole Burden of Proof.

And hell...it still didn't matter, but you kept insisting a bullet-proof cloak, but failing the whole Burden of Proof.

So care to prove the scene again...or are you going to do what you did last time.
Since he just claimed that bullets did hurt the pred in the scene I was talking about and he brought the matter up its his scene to provide. Will he back trhe claim up with the train scene? Not to mention I still need to find that to sove your faces in it.

Know quite the the thread hi-jacks.

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Anfd I though "thread necromancy" wasn't approved of oh great mod?

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Look, dumbass...THREAD NECROMANCY for your small tiny brain...is when you POST in a dead thread.

This is to point out where you went dumb as shit.

And you still failed the BURDEN OF PROOF that was near constant in that thread.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Darth_Shinji wrote:Anfd I though "thread necromancy" wasn't approved of oh great mod?
You'd be well served to learn the real definition of that.

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Ghost Rider wrote:Look, dumbass...THREAD NECROMANCY for your small tiny brain...is when you POST in a dead thread.

My bruden of proof was one scene, and the fact that you guys were using it the same way. Not to mention this whole thing is mearly to save your freind's ass.

And you are asking me to post in a years dead. You are advocating thread necromancy. I'm just glad I only went dunb as shit in one thread instead of your continuing quest to broth that you are dumber than normal people.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Darth_Shinji wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Look, dumbass...THREAD NECROMANCY for your small tiny brain...is when you POST in a dead thread.

My bruden of proof was one scene, and the fact that you guys were using it the same way. Not to mention this whole thing is mearly to save your freind's ass.

And you are asking me to post in a years dead. You are advocating thread necromancy. I'm just glad I only went dunb as shit in one thread instead of your continuing quest to broth that you are dumber than normal people.
Do you always lie so noticably? He simply wants you to prove something discussed in an old thread. Only someone desperately seeking an out would claim this means you MUST post in the old thread...

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

SirNitram wrote:
Darth_Shinji wrote:Anfd I though "thread necromancy" wasn't approved of oh great mod?
Quite Yes-man. I'm trying to stop this thread hi-jack with your savior.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Darth_Shinji wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
Quite Yes-man. I'm trying to stop this thread hi-jack with your savior.
I'm trying to endure your spelling and idiocy, Shinji, why should I make your job easier? You want the hijack over? Go to Other Sci-Fi, and prove your claim. Make a new thread. Or, alternately, you can STFU troll.

Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

SirNitram wrote:
Darth_Shinji wrote:

Do you always lie so noticably? He simply wants you to prove something discussed in an old thread. Only someone desperately seeking an out would claim this means you MUST post in the old thread...
That has nothing to do with the debate at hand. This is a bad thread hijack... So how about I just conceed the old thread? Fine, I do not have the evidence that I though I had to prove my point. I conceeded early in that thread as well and I also said it was an honest mistake becuase I was new to the game and the same thing was apperently being done by DW himself.

Know enought with your out. Post in the thread or conceed this is trolling.