Scarlet-Spider vs Jedi

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Who wins in a straight fight?

Poll ended at 2003-07-18 04:48pm

Ben easily
22%
Ben manges to take down a jedi but its hard
5%
They fight to a stand still
5%
Jedi just manges to take it
20%
Jedi with ease
49%

Total votes: 41

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Jedi Padawans can rip large machine componesnt from their moorings and throw them about (while their power is weak no less) There's nothing actualy stopping them ripping this guy's head from his shoulder's or knocking his internal organs out (as they do to the battle droids)
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Why is it that out of all the people who watch Star Wars, the rabid fanboys are the only ones who are incapable of grasping the entire purpose of the light side/dark side difference?

Ben can spread his feet apart and then stop a speeding semi-truck with his bare hands. He's not getting his head ripped off by the Force.

He feels the slightest tug at his neck and he's on the Jedi like flies on shit with speed that DWARFS, and I mean DWARFS the Jedi.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Oh so Ben Reilly is shown to have superhuman endurance as well. :roll:

Strange that when Spiderman gets hit by a crowbar somehow it knocks him unconcious or when Cap/DD/Kingpin/and all sorts of HUMAN heroes and villains hit him he's knocked ajar. :?

Shall I continue?
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Ghost Rider wrote:Oh so Ben Reilly is shown to have superhuman endurance as well. :roll:

Strange that when Spiderman gets hit by a crowbar somehow it knocks him unconcious or when Cap/DD/Kingpin/and all sorts of HUMAN heroes and villains hit him he's knocked ajar. :?

Shall I continue?
Yes, in fact, he IS shown to have superhuman endurance. Roll your eyes elsewhere.

Kingpin is far from human. Daredevil was once struggling with all of his might to barely budge open a big metal door, and then Kingpin came along and casually ripped it right off its hinged with one hand. He has literally zero fat on his body, which in and of itself is inhuman.

Daredevil has only been able to do anything to Spidey way back at the very beginning of his career, when Peter was wet behind the ears and Daredevil had years of experience.

As for crowbars, I have no idea what you're referring to. I could post a picture of a baseball bat shattering on contact with Spider-Man's head whiel Spidey doesn't so much as flinch. I could post a picture of a semi-truck running into Ben and the truck getting wrecked while Ben is fine. I could post a picture of The Scorpion breaking his hand on Spider-Man's chest. I could post narration where it is explained that Spider-Man has a superhumanly durable skeleton. I could post pictures of Spidey getting whalloped in the head and chest by the Hulk and coming back for more. I could post a picture of him holding hsi breath for 20 minutes.

There is FAR, FAR more evidence of him having superhuman endurance and durability than of the contrary.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Strange Spidey has shown human levels of endurance or stones and such should not cut him...yet do.

And amazing you povided a piece of info to tear down your thought of superhuman endurance.

Does it matter if DD hit Peter now or then...his powers have increased sometime?

Changed?

No?

Concession accepted.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

I suppose if you ignore the fact that Daredevil didn't actually harm Spidey... :roll:
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Oh so...let's ignore Kingpin altogether as well.

Amazing that also Kraven beat him as well...yes all mutli ton beings here. :roll:

KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Let's do this the hard way.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon ... rathos.jpg

That's Spidey walking through a blast of Hellfire.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon ... eyhulk.jpg

That's Spidey taking blows from the Hulk.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon ... struck.jpg

That's a deisel truck hitting Spidey (this one is actually Ben, to boot).

http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon ... nched4.jpg

That's various people hitting Spidey only to break their hands, plus a baseball bat breaking over hsi head.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon ... nched1.jpg

That's Spidey taking shots from Thor (Mjolnir), the Hulk, Wonder Man, and taking a sustained beating from Juggernaut without letting go of his grip.

As for speed:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/shurukudemon ... sense1.jpg

There are two instences of Spidey dodging lasers *without* his spider-sense.

I could post 4 dozen pictures of Spidey fighting and defeating various top-tier heroes and villains, including Silver Surfer, Thor, Firelord, the Hulk, Namor, Mr. Hyde, Rhino, etc. if you'd like.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Ghost Rider wrote:Oh so...let's ignore Kingpin altogether as well.

Amazing that also Kraven beat him as well...yes all mutli ton beings here. :roll:
I already covered Kingpin.

"Kingpin is far from human. Daredevil was once struggling with all of his might to barely budge open a big metal door, and then Kingpin came along and casually ripped it right off its hinged with one hand. He has literally zero fat on his body, which in and of itself is inhuman."

Besides, Kingpin's claim to fame against Spidey is getting him in a bearhug and Spidey not being able to easily break out. Kraven beats him with gas, weapons, traps, and other means. Plus he's superhuman anyway.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Gee...he's above human how again?

Oh wait because he's obviously within the 800 pound range.

By that thought since Spidey can stop buses...someone should be around 7-8 ton range...and since they've yet to say Kingpin is flinging cars...he's well below Spidey supposed endurance.

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

And all the pictures show him rolling with the blow in some form and fashion...unless you want to say he remained rigid?

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

KK wrote:He feels the slightest tug at his neck and he's on the Jedi like flies on shit with speed that DWARFS, and I mean DWARFS the Jedi.
Absolute, 100%, pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT.

We have never seen Spider-man or his clone come anywhere close to running 60+MPH like Obi wan did in TPM.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

KK wrote:What is a Jedi going to do when he gets covered head-to-toe in webbing?
Not get his ass covered in it just like we saw luke do in Heir to the Empire.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

KK, don't be an idiot. Spidey survives blows from beings like the Hulk because he instinctively rolls to avoid the brunt of the blow, not because he's indestructible. You can't roll to avoid a Force-choke on your throat, and superior musculature DOESN'T HELP YOUR THROAT. That's why a 98-lb weakling and a 300-lb linebacker will both go down the same way if you can land a solid hit to the throat, dumb-ass.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

I'd also like to point out that Joe Fixit is far weaker then the real green hulk.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Ghost Rider wrote:And all the pictures show him rolling with the blow in some form and fashion...unless you want to say he remained rigid?
You see the one where Juggernaut is punding on him, trying to get him to let go?

Thought so.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Ender wrote:Absolute, 100%, pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT.

We have never seen Spider-man or his clone come anywhere close to running 60+MPH like Obi wan did in TPM.
You did see the picture I posted of him dodging lasers without his spider sense, right?

Not to mention the fact that he has 40 times human speed.

Not to further mention the fact that the 60 MPH calc is hogwash.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

AdmiralKanos wrote:KK, don't be an idiot. Spidey survives blows from beings like the Hulk because he instinctively rolls to avoid the brunt of the blow, not because he's indestructible. You can't roll to avoid a Force-choke on your throat, and superior musculature DOESN'T HELP YOUR THROAT. That's why a 98-lb weakling and a 300-lb linebacker will both go down the same way if you can land a solid hit to the throat, dumb-ass.
Did you see the Juggernaut picture, Dumbass?

Did you see the picture where Scorpion broke his hand on Spider-Man's body, dumbass?

Did you see the one where the truck crashed into him and it was like it hit a wall, dumbass?

Did you even look at the pictures, dumbass?

Did you know Spider-Man can hold his breath for over 20 minutes, dumbass?

Dumbass.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I see...so he can survive a force choke/crushing of his larynx. :roll:

Thank you, dumbass.

KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Ender wrote:I'd also like to point out that Joe Fixit is far weaker then the real green hulk.
Far is a stretch. His base is weaker.

Mr. Fixit has...

Beaten the Abomination.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... ef6bb6.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... ef6bb4.jpg

Destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth with a single punch.

Easily beaten namor and Doc Samson.

Point is, if Spidey can take blows from Mr. Fixit, who is still a major powerhouse, then he can take a force choke.

Anyway, Spider-Man has taken blows from Savage Hulk as well. Once he was knocked into a stream and then Hulk punched him repeteadly into the ground.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Ghost Rider wrote:I see...so he can survive a force choke/crushing of his larynx. :roll:

Thank you, dumbass.
He can withstand it long enough to knock the Jedi's lights out.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

And I'd appreciate it if you wait until you actually make a valid point before rolling your eyes.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

KK wrote:
Ender wrote:Absolute, 100%, pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT.

You did see the picture I posted of him dodging lasers without his spider sense, right?
You mean the "lasers" that were visable and thus could not have been lasers?
Not to mention the fact that he has 40 times human speed.
Whish is why we see that demonstrated so often, right? :roll:
Not to further mention the fact that the 60 MPH calc is hogwash.
Simply denying something does not make it so. The Jedi can run at atleast 60MPH unless you can provide proof otherwise. And that's from the movies, a SW gamer story (forget the title, appeared in SWG5) has a darksider running down a speederbike.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

KK wrote:
Ender wrote:I'd also like to point out that Joe Fixit is far weaker then the real green hulk.
Far is a stretch. His base is weaker.

Mr. Fixit has...

Beaten the Abomination.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... ef6bb6.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... ef6bb4.jpg

Destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth with a single punch.

Easily beaten namor and Doc Samson.

Point is, if Spidey can take blows from Mr. Fixit, who is still a major powerhouse, then he can take a force choke.
Do you honestly not get the difference between getting hit on the torso and being punched in the throat?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Strider119
Youngling

Post by Strider119 »

Isnt a force choke a very dark side-ish move?

I mean don't Dark Jedi use the force in mainly offesive ways and the Light side Jedi use the force in defensive ways?

I mean it just seems like a very brutal move. And as far as Luke using it, I just assumed its because he wasnt adequately trained and he was struggling between light and dark side paths during ROTJ.

back in black:
strider119
Think you can cook? I got a grappling hook
Let's make this quick cuz I'm really booked
I'm a devious degenerate, defender of the devil
Shut down all the trash compactor's on the detention level

My backpack's got jets
I'm boba the fett
I bounty hunt for jaba hut
To finance my vette
I chill in deep space
A mask is over my face