Sadism: The Most Appropriate Punishment for Gor

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Simon H.Johansen wrote:I have a better idea!

http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/a/a ... _woman.jpg
That would be a fitting punishment for GOR. In many, many, many respects.
OH hell yeah! *DIES*
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Why do you keep putting "DIE" in your posts, Tevar?

Oh.... and might I say that Lange/Norman is bad at characterization as well as everything else? I found an excerpt from his tenth book, and during it a recently-abducted girl from Earth is brought before Tarl and there is a part where he has her watch a Gorean slave girl dancing. Now, this girl should have been hysterical and terrified, but all she really did was comment on the slave girl's "sensuality"! I had to roll my eyes at that.

And the fact that these fuckers have no problem with kidnapping people to enslave them.... UURGH.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Steve wrote:Why do you keep putting "DIE" in your posts, Tevar?
It's one of those things. It implies dying from laughter.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

SirNitram wrote:
I see.

Who here thinks that the only proper death for Tarl Cabot is to be slain by a woman he's violated?
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Steve wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
I see.

Who here thinks that the only proper death for Tarl Cabot is to be slain by a woman he's violated?
Being Bubba's prison cell mate for a few mileenia would also work.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Invasion by the women of FF6, and FF10....

Large quanities of summons, and other things are done.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

SyntaxVorlon wrote:Aeryn Sun and a squadron of Female Peacekeeper Commandos.
To quote John Criton(I know I mis-spelled it.):
Damn, Smokey! You can't argue with a woman!
Why stop there? Put it on the list for the Peacekeeper Armarda whistlestop tour. At least half the peacekeeper forces are women...

In fact. I propose a Joint Peacekeeper-Manticorian taskforce for slow and excruciating death of some certain insects...
Can we have a much more mild version for earth, as a revenge for thrush and cystitus?
We aren't actually responsible for them.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I have had the misfortune to read several Gor books - much in the same way one looks at car crashes - this is my revenge. More to come

In fact, Anakin Skywalker would be pretty funny also - "I had a dream, that I was a Jedi, and I came back to free the slaves."
Last edited by NecronLord on 2003-08-04 07:17am, edited 1 time in total.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

The immortality serum has an "Orlando Clause" causing the immortal male Goreans to fall asleep for a year, and then wake up famished and FEMALE!!!, it also works in reverse....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The link is broken.
Steve wrote:Oh.... and might I say that Lange/Norman is bad at characterization as well as everything else? I found an excerpt from his tenth book, and during it a recently-abducted girl from Earth is brought before Tarl and there is a part where he has her watch a Gorean slave girl dancing. Now, this girl should have been hysterical and terrified, but all she really did was comment on the slave girl's "sensuality"! I had to roll my eyes at that
Not surprising. Given that his plot premises are silly, his dialogues insipid and his writing style rambling and repetitive - I don't expect anything but substandard drivel from Norman.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Odd, the link is htm... As if i'd use microsoft's version. Corrected.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

NecronLord wrote:Odd, the link is htm... As if i'd use microsoft's version. Corrected.
BTW, I look forward to more "Imperium vs. Gor"!!! Keep'em coming!

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Rathark
Padawan Learner

Post by Rathark »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
Rathark wrote:Get Betty to sit on them.
Betty who?? :? :? :?
<---------
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Anyone want to estimate the human population of Gor and percentage slaves for me?
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

NecronLord wrote:Anyone want to estimate the human population of Gor and percentage slaves for me?
I think 10% of the male population are slaves. I've read that on a fansite.

The slavery percentage among the females is probably much bigger.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
NecronLord wrote:Anyone want to estimate the human population of Gor and percentage slaves for me?
I think 10% of the male population are slaves. I've read that on a fansite.

The slavery percentage among the females is probably much bigger.
The female slave population is only about 13-5%; only about 1 in 40 women are of the "pleasure slave" variety, and the common female slaves are of about the same number as the male work slaves, albeit a bit higher for domestic purposes; it is, however, slightly higher in some other districts (the female slave population). Altogether the slave population of Gor is about 12-3% of the total population.

The rest of the women, the other 85% or so, just live like women did in Afghanistan under the Taliban, except with the added constant fear of ending up as sex slaves. *snorts* Real enlightened and natural, yes...
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I say we sic Duke Nukem on them. Use a macho sex-craving man to kill other machos (since Duke's apparently not into this shit).

"Nobody takes our chicks... and lives."

Or the Junkions?

"Destroy Gor, Kill Tarl Cabot, Eliminate even the toughest stains!"
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

There's also a couple of lines from Nickelback's "Never Again" that go well with this.

"Haven't you heard 'Don't hit a lady'?
Kickin' your ass would be a pleasure!"
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:The rest of the women, the other 85% or so, just live like women did in Afghanistan under the Taliban, except with the added constant fear of ending up as sex slaves. *snorts* Real enlightened and natural, yes...
You forgot that eye-roll smiley.

BTW, Marina, how do you know so much about the abomination that is Gor? It's quite a mystery to me, since you probably are the last person to voluntarily read a Gor novel.

Ryoga
Jedi Knight

My Candidate

Post by Ryoga »

Two syllables:

KOS-MOS

:twisted:

I can see it now. <Gorian> "I claim you as my slave, strange blue-haired woman!" <KOS-MOS> Charging....R*BLADE! <Gorian> Aggghhh!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:

BTW, Marina, how do you know so much about the abomination that is Gor? It's quite a mystery to me, since you probably are the last person to voluntarily read a Gor novel.
Research. I've been trying to determine if they can be considered a cult or not.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Simon H.Johansen wrote:

Research. I've been trying to determine if they can be considered a cult or not.
......... You're reading them for RESEARCH?!?!?!?

Couldn't you find a better topic? :shock:

Still, I'd not call them a cult.. too many diverse members spread out, with little to no collaberation between them. Unless you count Internet fantasies... :roll:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I've been doing research as well, until I couldn't stomach any more and quit. :evil:

Suffice to say, I know enough to get working.

Well, I do know, thanks to that tidbit you gave me via Nitram.... wait, did he ask you about my need for a Gorean female name, Tevar? Or did he forget? :P
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Steve wrote:I've been doing research as well, until I couldn't stomach any more and quit. :evil:

Well, I do know, thanks to that tidbit you gave me via Nitram.... wait, did he ask you about my need for a Gorean female name, Tevar? Or did he forget? :P
He forgot.

According to Norman, there are two common Gorean names for a slave girl: Tala or Tela.
But the worst name that you could give a slave is a recognizably EARTH name (Betty, Susan, Cathy, etc). Why? Because an Earth Woman was supposed to be the sluttiest slaves around, once trained properly. :evil:

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote:
Steve wrote:I've been doing research as well, until I couldn't stomach any more and quit. :evil:

He forgot.

According to Norman, there are two common Gorean names for a slave girl: Tala or Tela.
But the worst name that you could give a slave is a recognizably EARTH name (Betty, Susan, Cathy, etc). Why? Because an Earth Woman was supposed to be the sluttiest slaves around, once trained properly. :evil:
No, not a common slave girl name. The name of a free girl.