The Girl Genius Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Re: The Girl Genius Thread

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

New one is up; and from her comment about "Sparky plans" she doesn't seem to be a Spark.

I like what's happening in the background.
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Y'know, something's bugging me.

Why are the prisoners all wearing Heterodyne lockets like Agatha's?
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

It probably helps odds in survival by allowing some security system to confuse them as loyal servants instead of intruders.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Elessar
Padawan Learner

Post by Elessar »

No one's surprised that the Baron's brought Othar in to rescue his son?
Darmalus
Jedi Master

Post by Darmalus »

I assumed it was a self appointed "rescue" mission.

Othar is going to "rescue" Gilgamesh so that Othar can kill him.

Othar is turning out to be a very good "Villain with Good PR".
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Darmalus wrote:I assumed it was a self appointed "rescue" mission.
Last seen, he was in the hands of the Baron being told the Baron had a job for him. Here.
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Vendetta wrote:Y'know, something's bugging me.

Why are the prisoners all wearing Heterodyne lockets like Agatha's?
The latest page seems to indicate there all head explody bombs used to keep the prisoners in line, although given where they are its seems rather overkill.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Lord of the Abyss wrote:
Darmalus wrote:I assumed it was a self appointed "rescue" mission.
Last seen, he was in the hands of the Baron being told the Baron had a job for him. Here.
....and confirmed in today's comic. The Baron's definitely behind Othar's latest adventure.
Also: am I the only one who's a bit creeped out by her teeth? They're just slightly too big for her face.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I knew Agatha will have to drink from the Dyne the moment we read about it.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The castle's odd wording for Higgs is REALLY interesting. I swear she/it almost said your father.

Still, the water seems to have worked a bit, as Agatha caught on quickly what'd been done. Now we just have to see what happens when water from the Dyne meets electric shock.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

LadyTevar wrote:Still, the water seems to have worked a bit, as Agatha caught on quickly what'd been done. Now we just have to see what happens when water from the Dyne meets electric shock.
Something...interesting apparently. New one up.
Spoiler
I wonder if that's artistic license, or is she really levitating? Or is she actually in water? Tune in next week...
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

:shock:
Now that... is Sparky Power. I don't know if it's the items around her doing that... or if she's doing that to the ring around her.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Peebo-T
Redshirt

Post by Peebo-T »

Hello! T'is my first post hre, so I apologize if it's not the place to actually say hello.
Spoiler
Um, wouldn't/couldn't the blue glow-y stuff actually BE some of the 'Dyne? Hence the 'floaty' effect?
Just a thought. :)

Cheers!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

This ISN'T the place for 'just' saying hello but as you're actually commenting on topic I fail to see anything wrong with you posting here (not that my opinion is worth all that much of course).
I'm flat out of 'greet the newbie' memes so-enjoy your stay, and on your own head be it?

Also, spoilers are for when you're revealing information others are likely not aware of yet. You are merely speculating based on information everybody IS aware of. No need for spoiler tags :D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Peebo-T
Redshirt

Post by Peebo-T »

New comic is up.....that is all
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Higgs definitely knows the Castle, and the Family History.

Hopefully Agatha avoids Ignaeus' fate. At this point, I think she's in Kwisach Haderach mode -- able to see all things clearly.

Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

LadyTevar wrote:Higgs definitely knows the Castle, and the Family History.

Hopefully Agatha avoids Ignaeus' fate. At this point, I think she's in Kwisach Haderach mode -- able to see all things clearly.
Hmm...now that you said it:
Agatha is female. Female Heterodynes are quite rare. We already had hints that this would be quite "interesting".
One former Heterodyne tried what she just does and died.

Yup, sounds a lot like some stuff from Dune to me :D
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Well............. I think it worked... and no one seems to be on fire or exploded.

Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

LadyTevar wrote:Well............. I think it worked... and no one seems to be on fire or exploded.
This time. "I have got to try that again" indeed. It's pretty obvious why the Heterodyne family has failed to grow very large.

Come to think of it, they'd make great neighbors for the Addams family.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

So what have the rather hyper Agatha, Gil and Tarvek been doing while the rest have been unconsious which requires here to change her clothes then :wink: :wink: :)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Bedlam wrote:So what have the rather hyper Agatha, Gil and Tarvek been doing while the rest have been unconsious which requires here to change her clothes then :wink: :wink: :)
What else?

SCIENCE!!!

Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

New comic is up!
And...oh dear. It actually looked for a moment like they might be able to work together.
Ah, well. Any bets on which one constructs a new battlemech first and tries to stomp the other?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Molyneux wrote:New comic is up!
And...oh dear. It actually looked for a moment like they might be able to work together.
Ah, well. Any bets on which one constructs a new battlemech first and tries to stomp the other?
I think in this case they'd rather use bare hands.

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

more of those spark mating rituals....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

They are very similar to Cats arn't they.