The OotS Thread II

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: The OotS Thread II

Post by Majin Gojira »

Or it could be the green-haired elf just didn't like them talking over the pre-show.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

Majin Gojira wrote:Or it could be the green-haired elf just didn't like them talking over the pre-show.
After showing up twice, both times glaring at V? Nope. It might take a few issues, it might take a hundred but Burlew has a plan for him/her I'm sure.
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Nice Super Bowl joke.

Well, V's revenge and its consequences aside, maybe the elf is just mad that he/she is sitting next to a cat.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

For those of us who missed the gelf the first time - where did he/she first show up?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Here s/he's even noticed by the characters.
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Crazedwraith wrote:Here s/he's even noticed by the characters.
As is his/her hostility. I note from here the elf's name is Polozius.
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I'm just suprised snowy hasn't tried to eat V's familiar

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

776 ahoy! I misread the title as sombrero oration at first...
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, predictions there will be cooperation between Roy and the Blue Dragon?
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

:D Love the Spartacus gag but why is the back half of that crowd translucent?
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Crazedwraith wrote::D Love the Spartacus gag but why is the back half of that crowd translucent?
Good question. Coloring error, perhaps?
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Awww.

The lizard man really does like his big friend.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Crazedwraith wrote:why is the back half of that crowd translucent?
They're not translucent, just faded to grey to go with the fact that they're in the background. If you follow the line between the wall and floor you can't see that through them at all.

Also, I'm rather liking this new armour for Roy and Belkar.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

That did it, I am completely sold on Gannji and Enor. They need to become reoccurring characters after this arc, or at least need to make an appearance in the massive climactic endgame it seems the series is leading to.

Come to think of it, doesn't the Linear Guild need a couple new members to fill out the ranks?
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
RecklessPrudence
Padawan Learner
Location: Largest Island, Sol III - invasion not recommended, terrain and wildlife extremely hostile.

Post by RecklessPrudence »

I thought it was a play on the "existentially adrift" part of the ...Warden's? speech. Although I'm not sure what he's referring to in the comic's past - where the inmates at any time compared to Schroedinger's cat in being both dead and alive? Or is it that they haven't been defined as individuals, they're just faces in the crowd?
Yes, I know my username is an oxyMORON, thankyou for pointing that out, you're very clever.

MEMBER: Evil Autistic Conspiracy. Working everyday to get as many kids immunized as possible to grow our numbers.

'I don't believe in gunship diplomacy, but a couple of battleships in low orbit over my enemy's capital can't but help negotiations.'
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Karmic Knight wrote:That did it, I am completely sold on Gannji and Enor. They need to become reoccurring characters after this arc, or at least need to make an appearance in the massive climactic endgame it seems the series is leading to.

Come to think of it, doesn't the Linear Guild need a couple new members to fill out the ranks?
I don't think that they'd fit too well...they seem more mercenary than actively evil.
That said, I do hope that they make the jump to "recurring characters", at the very least.
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Thumbs up for creativity. :lol:
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

FaxModem1 wrote:Thumbs up for creativity. :lol:
Now, don't start that all again!
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

779 up!

I love that last panel, a great callback. Over 500 strips ago, wow...
Kodiak
Jedi Master

Post by Kodiak »

Lord of the Abyss wrote:779 up!

Who's that supposed to be holding it?
Image PRFYNAFBTFCP
Captain of the MFS Frigate of Pizazz +2 vs. Douchebags - Est vicis pro nonnullus suscito vir

"Are you an idiot? What demand do you think there is for aircraft carriers that aren't government?" - Captain Chewbacca

"I keep my eighteen wives in wonderfully appointed villas by bringing the underwear of god to the heathens. They will come to know God through well protected goodies." - Gandalf

"There is no such thing as being too righteous to understand." - Darth Wong
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Kodiak wrote:
Lord of the Abyss wrote:779 up!

Who's that supposed to be holding it?
Hmmmm. <searches>

It's Niu.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Refresh my memory, who is Bezook?
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Bozzok is the orc/half-orc (I forget) leader of the Thieves' Guild.