Sadism: The Most Appropriate Punishment for Gor

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

LadyTevar wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:How about SIL?.....
Sil? As in Species?

Hrm.... naasssssty.
That would rule!

BTW, as a Warhammer fan, I have ruled out another punishment for Gor:

WITCH-ELF INVASION!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot
Jedi Knight

Post by Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot »

^HELL YEAH!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Titan Princeps of the Mecha Maniacs: Gloriam Imperator
"StarDestroyer.net: Even our idiots are smarter." - RedImperator
"A Terminator Space Marine. Also known as your worst nightmare." Stormbringer
"Know the ECM. Love the ECM. Cherish the ECM, for it jams thine enemys targeting."- Necronlord
HALOite, Robotech/Macross supporter, 40Ker, and part-time Warsie.
FBHthelizardmage
Padawan Learner

Post by FBHthelizardmage »

I'm suprised nobody has suggested Gwen ingolfson yet...
Striderteen
Padawan Learner

Post by Striderteen »

The Aes Sedai.
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

FBHthelizardmage wrote:I'm suprised nobody has suggested Gwen ingolfson yet...
Anything Gwen can do, the Dirty Pair can do better - and without the threat of creating a baseworld for the Draka, to boot.
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

Bleh. 90% of all Aes Sedai should be sent into a black hole. Especially since they seem to think that replacing Siuan with Egwene and Elaida is a good idea. That's like replacing a 10 year old with head injuries with 2 lobotomized five year olds. Crap, there are places in Randland that are like the reverse of Gor. In Ebou Dar, it's legal to leave your husband to another woman in your will. In Cadsuan's hometown, all guys are second, possibly eighth, class citizens with about as much rights as your average desk lamp. To most Aes Sedai, men are either glorified pack animals, or rabid dogs, depending on their ability to channel. Crap, in the Two Rivers, the Women's Circle (who's only jurisdiction is customs and traditions) threatens members of the Village Council to vote certain ways or they'll be kicked out. Yeah lady, kick me out of my own house. We'll see how well you live on the food and money that I no longer bring in. Or how you farm on the fields that I own. Crap, there are a couple of bachealors and male widows here that can teach me how to cook and clean if I don't know how to. Which housewife is gonna teach you how to forge iron? Build a house? Thought not, you hypocritical busybodies.

Sure Jordan, it's important to not piss off the feminist groups, but perhaps you should take into account that you're righting about what's basically a fuedal society.

Send Lina Inverse and wait about 10 minutes. Then reopen the portal so she can jump back in before she gets swallowed up with the rest of their universe. Or Canal Vorfeed and Tsunami. Yeah, go tell the goddess ships that they should be obedient little slave girls. I dare ya.
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

BTW, what about letting my avatar take care of Gor??

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

How about the forces of mythological womanhood. You know, Furies, Ghula, Valkuries, Baba Yaga. shit, they would be shitting their loin cloths....

Especially if Kali took up toppless dancing as usual...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

Striderteen wrote:The Aes Sedai.
Gorians recruits the Seanchan(sp?) to counter them. Seanchan are Gorian Lite in how they train and treat the women connected to the Source [I forgot their name :oops: ].
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

Send a WingCommander 4 nanonic plague. If it is as painful as it looks :shock:
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

GTVA Colossus class Destroyers kill the PriestKing Oribital installations while Transports pick up all females. Inform the Gorean males that Shivans are all really submissive females, give them an ETAK radio, and watch the fun as a Juggernaught fleet blows up the sun. Oh what fun.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Just evacuate the women and blow the whole worthless shithole planet to rubble with the Death Star. Gor deserves no better.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

RedImperator wrote:Just evacuate the women and blow the whole worthless shithole planet to rubble with the Death Star. Gor deserves no better.
But the problem is, the women have been brainwashed into liking their servitude. They'll just make you their new master.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
The Yosemite Bear

I like my suggestions, and some others...

I also know a few vampires that would make great things to fuck over gor with...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I like my suggestions, and some others...

I also know a few vampires that would make great things to fuck over gor with...
The Lahmian vampires from "Warhammer"???

The Yosemite Bear

Actually I was thinking World of Darkness Lillith....

FBHthelizardmage
Padawan Learner

Post by FBHthelizardmage »

Iceberg wrote:
FBHthelizardmage wrote:I'm suprised nobody has suggested Gwen ingolfson yet...
Anything Gwen can do, the Dirty Pair can do better - and without the threat of creating a baseworld for the Draka, to boot.
true. But the dirty pair do have some ethics left... that gets in the way of sadistic punisments.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Steve wrote:
RedImperator wrote:Just evacuate the women and blow the whole worthless shithole planet to rubble with the Death Star. Gor deserves no better.
But the problem is, the women have been brainwashed into liking their servitude. They'll just make you their new master.
<shrug> They can be deprogrammed, or, failing that, their children can be raised better. I just can't vaporize them when the situation on Gor isn't their fault.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

RedImperator wrote:
Steve wrote: But the problem is, the women have been brainwashed into liking their servitude. They'll just make you their new master.
<shrug> They can be deprogrammed, or, failing that, their children can be raised better. I just can't vaporize them when the situation on Gor isn't their fault.
Abused women can be un-brainwashed. Don't worry about it.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

innerbrat wrote:
RedImperator wrote:
Steve wrote: But the problem is, the women have been brainwashed into liking their servitude. They'll just make you their new master.
Abused women can be un-brainwashed. Don't worry about it.
Depends on how closely we're sticking to suspension of disbelief, since in the Gorean books women enjoy their captivity, because they've found "their natural place", and want only to please masters. Even Earth women are quickly converted to this. Earth women!

So do we accept the Gorean situation and write it off as some mental thing, or do we take the rationalist route that women turn this way merely from lack of choice, and given choice again, would want freedom?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

It's gotta be something in the water.
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Steve wrote:
Depends on how closely we're sticking to suspension of disbelief, since in the Gorean books women enjoy their captivity, because they've found "their natural place", and want only to please masters. Even Earth women are quickly converted to this. Earth women!

So do we accept the Gorean situation and write it off as some mental thing, or do we take the rationalist route that women turn this way merely from lack of choice, and given choice again, would want freedom?
Well, uhm, look what they do to the women before they submit, Steve.

1. They are kidnapped by spaceships, which are not supposed to exist.

2. While trying to mentally accept that reality, they are brutally raped and subjected to various physical abuse and torture.

3. They are taken to a planet which does not exist as slaves, and again subjected to rape and torture.

4. They are tortured and raped on that planet according to a specific regiment which has been honed over several millennia for the purpose of breaking women down into sex slaves.

The end result is a primitive version of Big Brother programming.

Now... Just imagine being a woman growing up in the culture which sanctions this.

I think that's all the sufficient explanation which is required, really, in both cases.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

True, true.

Gor must be crushed.

And I have just the idea for it, as you well know. :twisted:
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Steve wrote:True, true.

Gor must be crushed.

Your suggestion is nice, but I'd still like to see Gor invaded by Witch Elves.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
Steve wrote:True, true.

Gor must be crushed.

Your suggestion is nice, but I'd still like to see Gor invaded by Witch Elves.
Yeah, but my version can include possibilities like Marina putting an arrow into Tarl Calbot's heart.... or perhaps a short sword. :twisted:

Or Tevar, with Magic Bard powers, nuking an entire city by singing Ultima or Flare.