The Girl Genius Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Re: The Girl Genius Thread

Post by Vehrec »

Obviously-she was armor shopping nearby, after all.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

No bet, though it'd be a lot funnier if it were Othar.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Vehrec wrote:Obviously-she was armor shopping nearby, after all.
That is no Armor. That is a Mecha.

Could it be Gil?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

Does Gil's lightning rod look like that?
Suffering from the diminishing marginal utility of wealth.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

LadyTevar wrote:
Vehrec wrote:Obviously-she was armor shopping nearby, after all.
That is no Armor. That is a Mecha.

Could it be Gil?
Would wulfenbuch mechas have a glowing trilobite around their neck?
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

It takes a BOLD person to run around in a stained glass mech.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:It takes a BOLD person to run around in a stained glass mech.
Well, I'd think it came from the armor museum so I'd presume that the glass is thick. Combined with the fact that you've got hand guns that can blast mountains, I don't see any armor that is going to protect you 100% of the time.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Ok, I want to see a show of hands - is he going to be punched in the face?
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

no. but he might get accidently hit by a rouge lightening bolt.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

madd0ct0r wrote:no. but he might get accidently hit by a rouge lightening bolt.
I didn't even know he was blushing. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Oh my, that's quite different from being punched in the face.

Still, nothing says that can't still happen!
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

One punch in the face coming up. Love how everyone is talking and they keep on kissing,
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

IN DA FACE!!!

I soo waited for someone to finally shut up mister Tryggvasen...

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I love it. It looks like she enjoyed the kiss too.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Now which do you think Tarvek found more satisfying, finally kissing Agatha or finally socking Othar?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
tortieconspiracy
Youngling

Post by tortieconspiracy »

Okay, next question: when is it going to be Violetta's turn to pound Othar? I mean, she seems to be his latest nominee for "plucky girl sidekick," and if she's anyone's plucky girl sidekick, she's Agatha's.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

the 'sunday best armour' - I wonder what he wore when he expected things to get dirty?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

madd0ct0r wrote:the 'sunday best armour' - I wonder what he wore when he expected things to get dirty?
I'm guessing something that's mistaken for a mountain that's on lone to the adaptus mechanicus.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Now we are getting somewhere with the plot. Boris suspects something. I think his idea is partly correct. The Barron has shown resistance to Lucrezia.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Only one R in Baron, Alyeska

Boris is asking, not for the Baron's sake, but because they all think GIL is infected. Remember the Baron's little speech after Gil kicked Uthar and Tarvek out of his lab to go help Agatha? Tarvek is the Baron's prisoner, but he 'promised' to help Gil clean himself from the Other's Control.
I think that's what he meant

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

LadyTevar wrote:Only one R in Baron
iPad auto correct.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

madd0ct0r wrote:the 'sunday best armour' - I wonder what he wore when he expected things to get dirty?
Maybe he liked to get into trouble on Sundays? You know, take the day of, smash some foes, that sort of thing? Seems very Sparky to me.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
tortieconspiracy
Youngling

Post by tortieconspiracy »

LadyTevar wrote:Only one R in Baron, Alyeska

Boris is asking, not for the Baron's sake, but because they all think GIL is infected. Remember the Baron's little speech after Gil kicked Uthar and Tarvek out of his lab to go help Agatha? Tarvek is the Baron's prisoner, but he 'promised' to help Gil clean himself from the Other's Control.
I think that's what he meant
I'm not so sure about that. I'm don't think Boris would find it necessary to sneak around like he is if he believed that Gil was the one wasped, nor would he be expecting an assassination attempt. He was in the room when Phil told his story even if he didn't manage to stay awake. He might have woken in time to hear Tarvek explain things. Also there's the purge of the wasp hunters and their weasels. I'd be shocked if Boris isn't aware of it, and it's got to be setting off alarm bells in his head.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

The Girl Genius novels go into more detail about Boris. He is a very intelligent individual. He does not want to rule the Empire, but he believes in it whole heartedly and is very loyal to the Baron. He is extremely observant and runs the day to day elements of the Empire for the Baron. He most certainly is noticing the changes with the Baron and would be extremely alarmed to see the Wasp Eaters being hunted down.

Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Alyeska wrote:The Girl Genius novels go into more detail about Boris. He is a very intelligent individual. He does not want to rule the Empire, but he believes in it whole heartedly and is very loyal to the Baron. He is extremely observant and runs the day to day elements of the Empire for the Baron. He most certainly is noticing the changes with the Baron and would be extremely alarmed to see the Wasp Eaters being hunted down.
Beware above all else the secretary...he's always the guy who knows what actually goes on behind the scenes. If anyone can tell that Wulfenbach is acting strangely, it'll be him. Keep in mind just how much of the Empire's administration already went through his four capable hands.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.