1 10th level Wizard vs Hogwarts

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Eframepilot wrote:The better Potterverse wizards don't even need to say the words to cast the spell. A quick wand motion is all that is necessary. Dumbledore and Voldemort don't pronounce a single spell word in their book 5 duel; they use their voices to trash talk.
You are aware that not all of us have read that book yet?

Wanker. Post a fucking spoiler space next time.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

if you havn't read the books, then read one of the first post, get the fact that the 5th book is counted in the debate, and leave.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Ace Pace wrote:if you havn't read the books, then read one of the first post, get the fact that the 5th book is counted in the debate, and leave.
Ah. It's pretty interesting to be lectured - and commanded - by someone who a) can't spell, b) obviously can't grasp the spoiler rules and c) fails to realize that none of the first posts contain the subtlest hint that the 5th book will be discussed in fucking detail. Has the quality of newbies really dropped this much since last I was here?

Get this, oh subhuman one: when posting a spoiler on SD.net, it's customary to, well, mark that simple fact. In fact, it's common courtesy among human beings, a category I'm not sure you belong to.

Now kindly slither back into whatever compost heap that had the misfortune to spawn you, and leave thinking beings the fuck alone.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Eleas wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:if you havn't read the books, then read one of the first post, get the fact that the 5th book is counted in the debate, and leave.
Ah. It's pretty interesting to be lectured - and commanded - by someone who a) can't spell, b) obviously can't grasp the spoiler rules and c) fails to realize that none of the first posts contain the subtlest hint that the 5th book will be discussed in fucking detail. Has the quality of newbies really dropped this much since last I was here?
get this, that wasn't the first post to mention the fifith book, second, not everyone speaks english as a main language, I didn't know you had to be a perfect english speaker to talk here :roll:
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Ace Pace wrote:
Eleas wrote:
get this, that wasn't the first post to mention the fifith book,
Blow me. I wasn't aware that I had to skim the entire thread minutely in order to find obscure hints of a fifth book in order to feel irritated at the sight of what looks like the biggest HP spoiler between here and sahara.
Ace Pace wrote:second, not everyone speaks english as a main language, I didn't know you had to be a perfect english speaker to talk here :roll:
You don't. I myself learned English as a second language. On the other hand, if you want to score points by contesting someone else's (wholly reasonable) claims, it's a good idea to at least give the appearance of having passed grade school. Then again, you are fucking stupid, so I suppose it's almost the same thing.

In regards to my third point, which you handily ignored, I accept your concession.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Blow me. I wasn't aware that I had to skim the entire thread minutely in order to find obscure hints of a fifth book in order to feel irritated at the sight of what looks like the biggest HP spoiler between here and sahara.

You don't. I myself learned English as a second language. On the other hand, if you want to score points by contesting someone else's (wholly reasonable) claims, it's a good idea to at least give the appearance of having passed grade school. Then again, you are fucking stupid, so I suppose it's almost the same thing.
You didn't have to skim, it was all over the pages.

For your second point, I was very tired.

In regards to my third point, which you handily ignored, I accept your concession.
I ignored it, as a useless personal attack.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Ace Pace wrote: You didn't have to skim, it was all over the pages.
Really? Then I'd expect you to present, well, evidence of this. A single nonambiguous quote will suffice. I've looked, and up until Eframepilot came barging in, not a single word was spoken about the fifth book. And therefore, I suspect you're just a fucking liar.
Ace Pace wrote:For your second point, I was very tired.
...and? That's supposed to matter?
Ace Pace wrote: I ignored it, as a useless personal attack.
Thereby proving your complete lack of debating knowledge, as the last part I was referring to obviously was the one you failed to address. Namely, the fact that I am right about the fucking spoiler rules. In turn, this fully justifies my attack on you as absolutely correct.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Post by Eframepilot »

To Eleas: I'd like to apologize for the spoiler. I thought about putting spoiler space but decided against it, as it had been a couple of weeks since the book came out and I thought anyone trying to avoid spoilers would stay away from threads about the books. I'll be more careful in the future.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Eframepilot wrote:To Eleas: I'd like to apologize for the spoiler. I thought about putting spoiler space but decided against it, as it had been a couple of weeks since the book came out and I thought anyone trying to avoid spoilers would stay away from threads about the books. I'll be more careful in the future.
That's okay. This is one of the cases where arguing the point became more important than the point itself. I've just heard about the book coming out, and was considering bying it, though really I should have stayed out of the threads, I know.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe