Teen Titans

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Teen Titans

Post by Rob Wilson »

Ok, I'm really only interested in if anyones seen the Cartoon and if it's any good, but rather than limit the scope of the thread, I'll just leave it titled Teen titans and see what people come up with to talk about.

One other thing I'm amazed at, is howcome Cyborg never got he's own book? When he got a personality he was good, and yet i never saw any mention of a solo title. :?
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

For Cyborg mostly the same way that MM really never got a title until recently(which got cancelled...written by Ostrander...good stuff)

He just doesn't seem to many capable even though he does have personality and abilites to make a good solo book.

As for the Titans...sorta disappointed that Nightwing/Arsenal are creating the Outsiders.

They killed off Donna Troy and Omen.

Though Teen Titans looks to be the heir from Young Justice...though I have a bit less faith in Winnik then I do of PAD. But I'll give it a look see...since Winnick does pull some great stuff at times.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Ghost Rider wrote:For Cyborg mostly the same way that MM really never got a title until recently(which got cancelled...written by Ostrander...good stuff)

He just doesn't seem to many capable even though he does have personality and abilites to make a good solo book.

As for the Titans...sorta disappointed that Nightwing/Arsenal are creating the Outsiders.
Shouldn't Arsenal be shepherding the new Teen Titans?
Ghost Rider wrote:They killed off Donna Troy and Omen.
They killed Donna? Bastards, I liked her. Mind you I heard tell she was a bitchy prima donna towards the end of the titles 90's run (don't know if it's true, but I'm glad I missed it if it was).
Ghost Rider wrote:Though Teen Titans looks to be the heir from Young Justice...though I have a bit less faith in Winnik then I do of PAD. But I'll give it a look see...since Winnick does pull some great stuff at times.
Well he did a stand out job on Exiles, so maybe his strength is ensemble pieces? Still hate that they cancelled YJ to make room for TT. I still think the market could have supported both titles.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

GR and I were talking about the cartoon the other day. One thing that I want to know is, which Robin are they using? GR heard that in the early versions that they were using Jason Todd. I hope not. He was never a leader and only did a very small number of missions with the Titans. The fact that they've got Starfire, Cyborg and Beast boy there would seem to indicate that it might be the set around the teams second incarnation.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Rob Wilson wrote: Shouldn't Arsenal be shepherding the new Teen Titans?
Yeah I would've thought so...the Titans that are being the mentors are Cyborg(okay, cool), Changling(okay), Raven(que?) and Starfire(que??)
Rob Wilson wrote: They killed Donna? Bastards, I liked her. Mind you I heard tell she was a bitchy prima donna towards the end of the titles 90's run (don't know if it's true, but I'm glad I missed it if it was).
She fluxed a bit...then they returned to her normal sweet self.

Then she dies...the shitty part was is her death was on the level of okay defeated the evil death droid(a Superman Android clone from another storyarc that no one gave a damn about) and basically right before it dies...it kills her.

That's it.

Saddest part is for me the feeling was less sorrow...more...that's it? Sorta awaste to kill someone in a way that won't be remembered for the next couple year...hell won't be amazed if some writer doesn't think Donna didn't die.
Rob Wilson wrote: Well he did a stand out job on Exiles, so maybe his strength is ensemble pieces? Still hate that they cancelled YJ to make room for TT. I still think the market could have supported both titles.
Yeah they could've and YJ dealt with thing that really showed that they were all just a little screwy in the head. One nice point is that I liked is PAD made sure they were kids and honestly putting kids in Spandex fucks with them.

And yeah Winnick Exiles is much better then his Green Lantern(which should be called Kyle's whining moments with Jade and his friendly gay co-hort).

So I am looking forward to the TT becase his teams books seem better then his solo hero work.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete