One thing I am tired of about Marvel

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

justifier wrote:Also I'd like to take a stand for the Punisher, he's not hated by the public, because the public doesn't know about him. He's not some spandex wearing hero flying through New York, he's just an angry guy with a dream...and lots of guns. So the only people that fear him are criminals, and they have good reason
Punisher honestly at least is semi real.

He sticks to the shadows...the police overlook him because to them he does what they want to do...so in a fantasy world it works enough.

People don't know him because he doesn't stop intergalactic/dimensional/universal menaces.

On the flip side DC tries this with Batman which honestly makes little sense given how public he works...he maybe stealthy but he actively helps out people. It's not like he sits with a Sniper rifle aiming for the next piece of scum to walk into view.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

justifier wrote:Also I'd like to take a stand for the Punisher, he's not hated by the public, because the public doesn't know about him.
Actually he's known by the public, and they LOVE him. The cops won't turn
him in, even though he breaks all kinds of laws, because he does the job
they'd LOVE to do...but can't
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944