THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

Post by Solauren »

More then likely, the memory that Durkon has been showing the Vampire is going to reveal something and make the Vampire go 'OH SHIT'.

Like say, there's a free Resurrection waiting on Durkon if his body is in the temple and not moving (say, sitting on a chair) for a few minutes.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Doesn't really work. It would mean Durkon is going to considerable effort (including a promise to forgo further attempts at manipulation/distraction) to taunt Durkula over something that would kick in anyway. It doesn't accomplish anything, and risks fucking everything up by cluing the vampire in prematurely.

I'm checking the wiki and apparently those five dwarves and their children are established as having become close family friends afterward. I'm having trouble remembering details about them right now, but it occurs to me that this means there are several dwarves who owe Durkon and his mother a fairly huge debt.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Sudden Thought!

What happened to the guy who recognized Durkon's name when they first showed up? the one who dropped the mugs? Could that be one of the Resurrected, who may even now have gone to get help for Our Heroes?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

That's great writing bringing back that quote and contextualising it to fit the character now we know her better
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Yeah, I was also wondering if Durkon was aiming to somehow push the vampire spirit into having a change of heart. Didn't make the connection to Durkula's personality probably being formed from Durkon's repressed resentments and other negative feelings.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

And that's a left hook to the plot...
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Ohhhhhh shhhhhhiiiiiiiiiitttttttt
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

So is Durkon at the wheel now? Or is Greg so Durkon-like now that it isn't distinguishable from Durkon?
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

One of the two!

And I assume that to be knocked out Belkar was low on HP? Which means the burning of the anti-mind control is probably going to be the thing that kills him?
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Belkar is probably in rage and got some temporary hitpoints.

Seems like Durkola became Durkon (II) to me.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

1131 Up

Wait is that... it?
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

durkon no
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2018-07-31 01:14pm 1131 Up

Wait is that... it?
No. He turned to mist. If the stake worked, it would have left the corpse with the stake in it. They have to find wherever he's put his coffin, or if he doesn't have one he'll be destroyed come sunrise.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
The Jester
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jester »

E's dead. Word of god.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

So... Does that mean Hel's plan just fell apart?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

She's still got at least a couple of vamps left. One that replaced Durkon as high priest and one that fled from Belkar.

I think her initial plan's shot but she can still improvise something.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

1132 up

eta: I like Minrah! And aren't they in the same Heaven as Roy?, which opens up the possibilities of them meeting his dad.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Yeah, that was what I was immediately thinking. But they are in the "Waiting room" right now.

Interesting implication that Minrah thinks you can "finish someone off" in the afterlife.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part IV.r

Post by Crazedwraith »

It harkens back to the evil adventuring party that attacked Roy and his grandfather back when Roy was in heaven.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Lonestar wrote: 2018-08-03 03:54pm Yeah, that was what I was immediately thinking. But they are in the "Waiting room" right now.

Interesting implication that Minrah thinks you can "finish someone off" in the afterlife.
I think you can in the D&D cosmology. As far as I remember if you kill a 'petitioner' (a soul sent to an afterlife) in it's home plane it merges into the plane and ceases to be a sentient being. If they're killed off plane they reform in their home plane. If anyone else knows differently tell me, as it might be important in my D&D campaign in a little while.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Bedlam wrote: 2018-08-03 04:57pm I think you can in the D&D cosmology. As far as I remember if you kill a 'petitioner' (a soul sent to an afterlife) in it's home plane it merges into the plane and ceases to be a sentient being. If they're killed off plane they reform in their home plane. If anyone else knows differently tell me, as it might be important in my D&D campaign in a little while.
Yeah, that's how it usually works. If they're called (different than summoned) to another plane they can also be permanently killed if they die there.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Of course the cleric most easily to hand is going to require some convincing to resurrect Durkon. Unless it's to kill him all over again.