THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

Post by Civil War Man »

Vendetta wrote:People are getting grumpy about the Godsmoot arc, largely because it's an obvious sideshow with a foregone conclusion of the world not being destroyed because, well, this isn't the plot of the comic. But it's taking a long time and keeps adding extra delays.
A lot of them probably have less patience for it, too, since it comes right on the heels of the desert battle against Tarquin.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Basically Hel and Durkula just aren't as fun and interesting as Xykon and Redcloak. Who we've not seen in forever. And like with Tarquin, I don't like these johnny-come-lately's hogging screen time from the established lot. At least Hel hasn't given us a pathetic send off/death scene for a cool character... yet.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Surely a deity, even a demigod, can make a DC 15 Sense Motive check on bonus alone, so why is Durkula bothering with this charade?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Vendetta wrote: largely because it's an obvious sideshow with a foregone conclusion of the world not being destroyed
Unless that actually happens and they only stop the mass death and damnation by relocating the world's population to that planet V's familiar saw through the rift.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

If it does happen there won't be time; the resolution they're voting on is whether or not to destroy the world immediately after the vote.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

There are, like, multiple gods paying attention to this. Just about all of them, in fact. I don't think grabbing and relocating millions within minutes is outside the realm of possibility here.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Ralin wrote:
Vendetta wrote: largely because it's an obvious sideshow with a foregone conclusion of the world not being destroyed
Unless that actually happens and they only stop the mass death and damnation by relocating the world's population to that planet V's familiar saw through the rift.
Again, not going to happen because it is not the actual story of the comic with is Xykon.
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

I hope this one is short-circuited before it turns into a diversion from the diversion.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Just overthinking the jokes now. But if they demigod's needing to vote is so rare they don't really hang about that they never really seen the them in the hall, how come they're so familiar with this guy they bring snacks because of him?
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

In fact, since Hel has never voted in a Godsmoot before, there would never have been a tie before, since there would be an odd number of greater gods voting.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Unless other gods don't vote.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Do the ELVEN Gods get to vote?
What about the Dark One?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Where do the Elves live? Presumably they were among the Southern or Western Pantheons that voted en mass in Strip #999
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

The elves vote with the Western Pantheon, as evidenced by Veldrina representing them both.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I do honestly think this could come down to Banjo. If this were a game, and I was playing as a Bard, i would use my Banjo puppet to affect the vote. Also, it would be an in-character thing for Elan to do.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

1017 is up

Problem... ?

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

FaxModem1 wrote:I do honestly think this could come down to Banjo. If this were a game, and I was playing as a Bard, i would use my Banjo puppet to affect the vote. Also, it would be an in-character thing for Elan to do.
Odin could retroactively approve him as a member of the pantheon and use him as tiebreaker instead of the demigods....
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Crazedwraith wrote:
FaxModem1 wrote:I do honestly think this could come down to Banjo. If this were a game, and I was playing as a Bard, i would use my Banjo puppet to affect the vote. Also, it would be an in-character thing for Elan to do.
Odin could retroactively approve him as a member of the pantheon and use him as tiebreaker instead of the demigods....
Odin did once say he likes puppets. And the only thing that prevented it was Elan changing his mind.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Roy's still the bodyguard of the High Priest of Hel, and for all the other high priests the rest of them are chaff who have no business in the chamber. I somehow doubt any of the lesser clerics of the Creed of Stone are a match for Durkula - or by extension, Roy.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Rogue 9 wrote:Roy's still the bodyguard of the High Priest of Hel, and for all the other high priests the rest of them are chaff who have no business in the chamber. I somehow doubt any of the lesser clerics of the Creed of Stone are a match for Durkula - or by extension, Roy.
Given Roy's official status, that also makes the others open season for the other clerics/bodyguards if I understand the Godsmoot rules correctly. Though the threat of them being buffed into the stratosphere by the pro-destruction clerics may keep them on the sidelines.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Even the clerics of the pro-destruction gods wouldn't be bound to assist any of them that aren't the newly designated High Priest of Hel. Everyone else is trespassing on the nave, and subject to exactly the same sort of retribution that anyone else not a High Priest or designated bodyguard would be.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

1018 is up.

Roy needs to be a little less subtle in what he wants people to do...
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

This is a pretty good take on having high level NPCs neutralized just enough that they can't dominate or be pivotal while still contributing and not coming off as contrived bullshit.

I mean...from an in-setting perspective it IS contrived bullshit. But from a storytelling perspective it's good. So bonus points for irony.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

For being high-end clerics, they sure don't seem very wise. :razz:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer