Hellspawn in WH40k....

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Boeing 757
Padawan Learner
Location: Εν ενί γαλαξία μένω, ον συ ου δύνασαι ευρείν χωρίς διαστημικού οχήματος.

Hellspawn in WH40k....

Post by Boeing 757 »

This is somehwat of an odd scenario, but anyway I'm slightly bored sitting in a hotel room with nothing besides NetFlix to watch, so here goes:

Malbolgia has set Spawn on 41st Millenium Terra with a mission of infiltrating the Imperial Palace and pulling the plug on the Emperor. The Inquisition is tasked with hunting him down and putting a halt to this new threat that resembles a Chaos daemon, but yet somehow is seemingly not in many ways. Does Spawn stand a chance of fulfilling his task, or will the Inquisition and Adeptus Custodes laugh this daemon-thing wannabe off like nobody's business?
Omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium.

Kritisches Denken schützt vor Illusionen.

Παν μέτρον άριστον τῷ κρατίστῳ.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Hellspawn in WH40k....

Post by madd0ct0r »

Well. Does his powers count as warp?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Boeing 757
Padawan Learner
Location: Εν ενί γαλαξία μένω, ον συ ου δύνασαι ευρείν χωρίς διαστημικού οχήματος.

Post by Boeing 757 »

Let's say no for the sake of simplicity, albeit his 'soul' does have a presence in the warp, meaning that he can be affected by psykers, and likewise he can affect them.
Omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium.

Kritisches Denken schützt vor Illusionen.

Παν μέτρον άριστον τῷ κρατίστῳ.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Is this just some random Spawn or THE Spawn Al Simmons? Because I can't see Al Simmons following Mailbologna's orders to kill anyone. Simmons would maybe try to join the Imperium considering he was a war whore and would be loving their demon hunting shenanigans. Depending on who he encounters (some Inquisitors are willing to give "people" a chance if they can be useful while some are liable to just shoot first and not bother asking questions) and whether or not he has the taint of Chaos he could probably get an internship with the Ordo Malleus.

If its a random Hellspawn, maybe if he plays it smart and lowkey he might get close. Spawns do have the ability to alter their appearance so they might be able to replace someone high up. However two problems, one I don't recall any spawns being low key in comics (though its been like nearly two decades since I read any) and with all the psychics around the palace including the Emprah himself somebody would notice that Spawny ain't who he says.

Even the problems of getting through psychic security aside, finding someone who can get close to the Emperor would probably be a real bitch and a half. From what I remember of the lore only the Custodes and very high ranking officials see the Golden Toilet. These are people who are either extremely well protected or incredibly skilled fighters or both (I recall some of the high ranking dudes close to the throne are or were some pretty powerful psychics in their own right). Replacing some guy who is trained to fight far stronger demons or a guy with an army of heavily armed dudes would be hard. Even harder if any of those dudes can psychically sodomize the Spawn.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I don't know anything about the setting, but the Emperor's throne room is defended by the following:

Two Emperor-class Titans - flanking the throne, these are probably unable to move from their positions at least without some preparation. They can however use their weapons to defend the Emperor. They are each equipped with titan-scale power fists, and unknown other weapons. Jaq Draco speculates that they may be able to reach down into the crowd and pick up/squash an individual if their sensors discern something suspect about them.

The Companion Guard - the most elite custodians. Depending on your lore they may have abandoned the use of armour after the heresy, but they're still tremendously badass.

Other Custodians - Unknown if they actually attend the Emperor's throne room itself regularly, but obviously they can be called on if needed.

The Emperor himself - In the Jaq Draco books he is able to permit Jaq Draco and his retinue to move invisibly to his guards, stop time (or act very quickly, more likely), conduct psychic interviews and rip memories out, leaving Draco a drooling mind-wipe victim, in order to assimilate his knowledge, he then puts the memories back. It's implied that it's very rare for the Emperor to rouse himself to this level of psychic activity in his immediate environment, as he has so many other things to do in the warp. The Emperor says that if Draco resists in any way this mind tasting would be instantly and excruciatingly lethal. Certainly the Emperor can use telepathy to kill.

The Silent Sisterhood - Possibly, possibly not. They existed during the Heresy era, and at the end of it, but may not exist any more. They are essentially the distaff to the Custodians, an order of all-female blanks. While they're human, they are equipped with power armour, bolters etc.

Tech-priests - The techpriests who maintain the Golden Throne are presumably highly ranked, and would normally be augmented potentially with various sensors and weapons.

Astropath candidates - Are brought to the throne room to be soul bound to the Emperor, at least 35 a day and probably far more. Given that we know most astropaths are telepaths of a conventional sort also, some may be of some assistance. It's a fair bet they'd be willing to defend the Emperor if shit started going down. They may not be up to much for a while after the soul binding though.

Inquisitors - some are known to make regular pilgrimages to the Golden Throne.

Pilgrims - Are sometimes let in, at least according to the Draco books, though obviously of the richer sort. A fanatical mob may be useful?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

So let me get this strait. We have an unknown but powerful and magical creature whose soul is by author fiat said to have a presence in the warp but which has no knowledge of or experience with said warp thrown into a universe where there are literal evil gods and demons lurking in said warp capable of devouring even the strongest of minds and even when they know exactly what they are doing and how to defend them self.

I don't think this will get to the throne room. In fact I don't think this situation will get out of the room it is in before chaos starts looking into what ever it is that just spawned in.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Purple wrote:So let me get this strait. We have an unknown but powerful and magical creature whose soul is by author fiat said to have a presence in the warp but which has no knowledge of or experience with said warp thrown into a universe where there are literal evil gods and demons lurking in said warp capable of devouring even the strongest of minds and even when they know exactly what they are doing and how to defend them self.

I don't think this will get to the throne room. In fact I don't think this situation will get out of the room it is in before chaos starts looking into what ever it is that just spawned in.
I suppose that depends on how strong the presence in the warp is after all most humans have a "presence" in the warp but it's weak that most daemons either don't notice it or don't consider it to be worth then energy. You need a fairly strong warp presence to attract the attention of daemons just by existing and to attract the attention of the Dark Gods you need something truly exceptional.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Lord Revan wrote:I suppose that depends on how strong the presence in the warp is after all most humans have a "presence" in the warp but it's weak that most daemons either don't notice it or don't consider it to be worth then energy. You need a fairly strong warp presence to attract the attention of daemons just by existing and to attract the attention of the Dark Gods you need something truly exceptional.
Either that or do something very interesting. Like say being a completely new type of creature that just popped into existence.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.