Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

biostem
Jedi Master

Re: Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought

Post by biostem »

The priestess animu waifu girl's entire... uh... source of power is so annoyingly anime.
Unless the version I'm watching has a bad translation, Rory's character is basically acting as a conduit for the recently deceased's souls to travel to her god. The portrayal of said process being pleasurable, and her wanting to either fight or "relieve" herself of this stimulus in other ways does fall into that "stereotypical anime" area, however. I will fully admit that I find this creepy, as while she's over 900 years old, she basically stopped growing when she became a demigoddess, apparently somewhere between 13-16 years of age...
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

It's still very "oh Japan"....

But y'know, until they start making Space Brothers again if you can't tune out the background radiation of fanservice even in not-blatantly-fanservice shows you're not going to have a good time watching animu right now....
SilverDragonRed
Padawan Learner

Post by SilverDragonRed »

That particular situation was handled better in the manga. The people dying at Italica was causing Rory/Rori to fly into a drunken beserker rage where she is just randomly swinging her halberd around.
Ah yes, the "Alpha Legion". I thought we had dismissed such claims.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

SilverDragonRed wrote:That particular situation was handled better in the manga. The people dying at Italica was causing Rory/Rori to fly into a drunken beserker rage where she is just randomly swinging her halberd around.
That at least is far more interesting.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran