Crowdfunding drive to build life-sized Minas Tirith replica.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Re: Crowdfunding drive to build life-sized Minas Tirith repl

Post by Purple »

Batman wrote:Plenty of environments like Mordor in the real world. I'm sure the people forced to live there would be happy to take your money.
You don't get it. I ain't talking about going to live in a desolate wasteland like inland Mordor. I am talking about a place that's built to resemble the major landmarks. Preferably in a condensed touristy kind of way. Would you NOT like to live at the base of a mile high tower with a flaming eye on top?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

No.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Solauren wrote:And even if it did, let's face facts. If you suddenly got 2 billion in your bank account, wouldn't you be fleeing to a country without extradition treaties?
Why would I? I could live acceptably well on a quarter of a percent of that sum, which leaves the other $1,995,000,000 for whatever ridiculous megaproject took my fancy. Since in this situation I am being given the money specifically to fund a ridiculous megaproject that took my fancy, why bother running away with the money if I'm going to do the exact same thing with it?
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Borgholio wrote:It would have been a much better idea to go with a Shire theme instead. You could market it to environmentalists, since these would be very energy-efficient homes by their very nature (green roofs and all).
Well, the Shire already exists in the form of Hobbiton, although it's on private property and nobody actually lives there.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia