Age of Ultron Trailer #3

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Age of Ultron Trailer #3

Post by Elheru Aran »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/JAUoeqvedMo[/youtube]

So Marvel has released a third trailer. This one has a lot more Ultron, and at the very end... there's a tasty surprise :D
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Havok
Miscreant

Re: Age of Ultron Trailer #3

Post by Havok »

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

FUCKING VISION!

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Who's the fellow at the end?

Also, Whedon's a bit predictable. Somebody's apparently going to die. And the teaser is suggesting a romance between Black Widow and Hulk (who just happen to be two of the characters who don't have their own film series), and we know how Whedon loves his tragic failed romances. Sigh... I wonder where this is going.

Hope its misdirection. And please don't off Black Widow. Marvel doesn't have a host of prominent female characters in its films as it is.

Edit: Nice to see Fury back though. I'd just like to see some Coulson as well.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Oh my fucking god.
I feel like a kid again. That shot of the Avengers literally leaping into action has made me do messy things in my trousers. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, that was The Vision at the end, RR. The mind of JARVIS in a matter-phasing, flight-enabled, super-strong android body :D
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Technically, it was the "mind" of Hank Pym that Utlron used when he created Vision, but as this is the MCU, we can go with Jarvis.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Havok wrote:Technically, it was the "mind" of Hank Pym that Utlron used when he created Vision, but as this is the MCU, we can go with Jarvis.
He also used the brain patterns of Wonder Man, which is supposedly why the Vision ends up liking the Scarlet Witch.

I find it doubtful that the MCU will ever have Wonder Man under that name. Maybe Simon Williams but not Wonder Man.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

This sequence jumped out at me:

I know it wouldn't be a comic book movie without at least one silly action sequence, but god damn.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Dominus Atheos wrote:This sequence jumped out at me:
Looks more like they jumped out. :D
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Dominus Atheos wrote:This sequence jumped out at me:

I know it wouldn't be a comic book movie without at least one silly action sequence, but god damn.
DAT LOOKS FUKIN AMAZING SHUT UP I HAT U!!1
:P
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

I just noticed something in the static image at the very end of the trailer:

Who is the person that I circled in red flying in the background? I can't think of anyone in the Marvel movies that wears a cape aside from Loki and Thor. Loki can't fly and Thor is already in the foreground, so who is it?
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Haminal10 wrote:Who is the person that I circled in red flying in the background? I can't think of anyone in the Marvel movies that wears a cape aside from Loki and Thor. Loki can't fly and Thor is already in the foreground, so who is it?
Probably the Vision, since the trailer thoroughly teased him.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Yeah, that's Vizh. Man, they've been talking about pulling him out for like the past two years, did people suddenly up and forget all about him? I mean, I guess he's been out of the mainstream Marvel continuity for a while IIRC but still...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

More like he's not been in any well selling book in a leading role for a while. The last time he was on a major team after being rebuilt as the Original Vision from Vision II (who was destroyed) was with Avengers A.I. A team lead bu Hank Pym featuring robots and cyborgs stopping other A.I. threats. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't to good either.

It lasted 12 issues.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Post by InsaneTD »

Could it be Doctor Strange?
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

InsaneTD wrote:Could it be Doctor Strange?
I don't think so, his cape doesn't have that huge funky collar that could do him serious injury if he turns his head too quickly... :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery