Marvel Universe Live!

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

TOSDOC
Padawan Learner
Location: Rotating between Redshirt Hospital and the Stormtrooper School of Marksmanship.

Marvel Universe Live!

Post by TOSDOC »

My wife and I took our two 5-year olds to see the show yesterday at the Nassau Coliseum. We had a blast. It was a decent if contrived storyline, the fight choreography reminded me a bit of Power Rangers (especially where Iron Man was involved) and a lot of the one-liners were very cheesy (especially Green Goblin's). The stunt-work and wire work was very well done, and I was especially impressed with Spiderman, who's wires were the least visible when he was wall-crawling or perched on precarious objects. The motorcycle stunt-work was good too.

One of our kids was a little scared by the noise but recovered quickly with a hot pretzel. I think the show's mostly for them, but this is the closest you'll get to a live play of your Marvel characters if you ever wanted to see that sort of thing, so for a cheesy family outing and all the effort they put into it I'll give it two thumbs up.
"In the long run, however, there can be no excuse for any individual not knowing what it is possible for him to know. Why shouldn't he?" --Elliot Grosvenor, Voyage of the Space Beagle