Jonah Hex Full Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Re: Jonah Hex Full Trailer

Post by JME2 »

Whiplash wrote:Well the critics moved in, and the consensus is, this movie is absolute shit. Will I see it, eh maybe on HBO or something.
And it's official; I will not be seeing this film unless I can rent it from my local library.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

I bet Thomas Jane is wiping the sweat off his brow in relief.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Newsarama is also tearing into it now. Only reinforcing my desire to avoid this film.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Well the only review site I read, JoBlo.com, gave it a 6/10. Said it was a quick and entertaining popcorn flick, and was exactly what you should expect. Brolin and Malkovich are supposed to be pretty good, but of course, once again, Megan Fox is supposed to be ass.

About par for the course of what I expected out of this movie based on the trailers and those involved.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Havok wrote:Well the only review site I read, JoBlo.com, gave it a 6/10. Said it was a quick and entertaining popcorn flick, and was exactly what you should expect. Brolin and Malkovich are supposed to be pretty good, but of course, once again, Megan Fox is supposed to be ass.

About par for the course of what I expected out of this movie based on the trailers and those involved.
Which is unfortunate. Hex is such a great character with a rich world and mythology. So much potential and they go for a campy disaster on par with Wild Wild West.
Whiplash
Padawan Learner

Post by Whiplash »

Havok wrote:Well the only review site I read, JoBlo.com, gave it a 6/10. Said it was a quick and entertaining popcorn flick, and was exactly what you should expect. Brolin and Malkovich are supposed to be pretty good, but of course, once again, Megan Fox is supposed to be ass.

I'm starting to feel like the 'popcorn' thing is just an excuse to justify a bad movie.
Downward fucking dog! ~ Travis Touchdown
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

So, outside of the Transformers franchise, has Megan Fox ever been in any successful movies?
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Setzer wrote:So, outside of the Transformers franchise, has Megan Fox ever been in any successful movies?
Nope.

On a side note, the film only took in $5 million. With a $47 million budget, this obviously isn't good and may hurt the long-term development of DC films.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

JME2 wrote:
Setzer wrote:So, outside of the Transformers franchise, has Megan Fox ever been in any successful movies?
Nope.

On a side note, the film only took in $5 million. With a $47 million budget, this obviously isn't good and may hurt the long-term development of DC films.
Makes you wonder if it shipped with treads...

*puts on sunglasses*

...it tanked so hard.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

More seriously, I can't believe it has a runtime of only 72 minutes. That's absurdly short for a film in this day and age.
JADAFETWA
Whiplash
Padawan Learner

Post by Whiplash »

Kuja wrote:
JME2 wrote:
Nope.

Makes you wonder if it shipped with treads...

*puts on sunglasses*

...it tanked so hard.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
I get the CSI: Miami reference, but still. Wha?

Kuja wrote: More seriously, I can't believe it has a runtime of only 72 minutes. That's absurdly short for a film in this day and age.
Eh, worked for Zombieland.
Downward fucking dog! ~ Travis Touchdown
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I get the CSI: Miami reference, but still. Wha?
Tanks have treads.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Did the movie have any international release? All I'm finding is the domestic box office gross, and that is looking even worse than the first weekend: $1,627,442 on its second weekend, a drop of nearly 70% from its opening weekend.

At that rate, the film will be lucky to make back its Production and Advertising Budgets when the DVDs come out, if that. I guess that really bites for DC Comics.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Actually I was thinking about it... and not really. Hex isn't a superhero comic, so that should give it leeway in the sucking and not effecting the DC movies we WANT to see department. Hex will get lumped in with Road to Perdition, Constantine and a few others that represent DC's non SH titles, so it shouldn't have any negative effect.

Now, if Green Lantern tanks... well then DC fans really need to start worrying, because it is back to Batman and Superman remakes every decade. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Havok wrote:Now, if Green Lantern tanks... well then DC fans really need to start worrying, because it is back to Batman and Superman remakes every decade. :D
Very much so. Look at why Marvel even branches out in thought, and think how much is riding on the fact if GL tanks...we aren't going to see anything but Constatine level of movies because WB will retreat.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Well, let's hope Martin Campbell and crew are working some magic down in New Orleans right now.