Sinestro Corps....*spoiler alert*

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Jason
Padawan Learner

Post by Jason »

Is there a one shot coming out today as well? Aren't 4 going to be released?
Jason B. Romano
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Jason wrote:Is there a one shot coming out today as well? Aren't 4 going to be released?
Not according to DC's site or Diamond Shipping Lists for this week. And yes, there are four; the Parallax and Cyborg Superman one-shots are, of course, already out and the Superman-Prime (formerly the Anti-Monitor, though still solicitated as such on DC's main site) and Ion one-shots are due out soon (the former within two weeks and the latter towards the end of November).
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright, the usual reminder to everyone that the next installment of the "Sinestro Corps War", Green Lantern Corps # 17, goes on sale tomorrow. In addition, we've got two more related titles shipping as well. The first is the third of the Tales of Sinestro Corps one-shots, with the focus on Superman-Prime. The second is Blue Beetle #20, which ties into the war now that it's reached New Earth.
John of the Dead
Youngling

Post by John of the Dead »

JME2 wrote:A reminder to everyone that the next installment of the Sinestro Corps War, Green Lantern# 24, goes on sale tomorrow.
Hey, don't forget the Superboy Prime one-shot special. I hope it can spread some insight into his train-ride into Crazy Town. Infinite Crisis's explaination felt lacking to me.
When there's no room left in Hell,
the Dead shall walk the earth.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

John of the Dead wrote:
JME2 wrote:A reminder to everyone that the next installment of the Sinestro Corps War, Green Lantern# 24, goes on sale tomorrow.
Hey, don't forget the Superboy Prime one-shot special. I hope it can spread some insight into his train-ride into Crazy Town. Infinite Crisis's explaination felt lacking to me.
Uh, I already did; you quote my entry from two weeks ago rather than this morning's.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

JME2 wrote:The first is the third of the Tales of Sinestro Corps one-shots, with the focus on Superman-Prime. The second is Blue Beetle #20, which ties into the war now that it's reached New Earth.
WHOO! New Blue Beetle!
John of the Dead
Youngling

Post by John of the Dead »

JME2 wrote:
John of the Dead wrote:
Uh, I already did; you quote my entry from two weeks ago rather than this morning's.
Sorry. I fail.

However, Prime's one-shot was pretty good. I really started to develop, if not understanding, at least a bit of empathy for the character. Sure, he's still a whiny emo, but at least now we know a little bit more about how much he lost.

And boy, Risk just can't catch a break, can he?
When there's no room left in Hell,
the Dead shall walk the earth.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

I liked the Blue Beetle tie in, I'm waiting for the trade since I missed the first few issues of the SCW before it caught my attention.

More ReachTech/GLR interaction.. what is it with the Green Lantern Corp. and enemies who's weapons all seem to be the same color?
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I too can say that the Synestro-Corps war tie in in Blue Beetle was well handled--it used the event to further its own storylines, though I doubt it would act as a 'jump on' issue for new readers.

I think this road is a superior one to take if given the choice (though the holy grail is to be able to do both).
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Well, the good news is that with this week's developments, we've all but entered the endgame. The bad news is that, according to a Geoff Johns post on Comic Bloc Forums, there's going to a slight delay:
First off, I want to thank everyone reading Green Lantern. It's a book I plan on writing for a long, long time. I hope you'll be reading it.

Now. The record

Green Lantern Corps #18 is a chapter in the Sinestro Corps War that ships prior to Green Lantern #25. If you've seen the cover - you know it's bad ass. Prime vs. Sodam Yat.

As for the conclusion to Sinestro Corps in Green Lantern #25 - it is 54 story pages. FIFTY. FOUR! Ethan Van Sciver is illustrating 11 of those pages - epilogues leading to our third epic - and Ivan Reis is illustrating the remaining 43!

You've all seen the beautiful work Ivan has done. He'll be doing nearly two issues in 6 weeks to get this book out just 2 weeks later than planned - Dec. 12th.

I do not want to sacrifice the quality level we've maintained on Green Lantern. No one at DC does. No one else is going to be drawing pages meant for Ivan. And you should all thank Ivan for working every waking second to deliver this monster of a book. He loves Green Lantern and he knows how important this story is to you. He is sacrificing everything else in his life right now to finish this book.

In a day and age where it's taken at face value that amazing artists can't produce that much material, Ivan defies them. The amount of beautiful work he generates cannot be beat.

I hope we've earned your support to tolerate our need to deliver the absolute best, and biggest, conclusion we can.

Thanks!

Geoff
Personally, I'm fine with this. Johns' writing and Reis' artwork are in perfect synch and easily justify the extra wait.
Kon_El
Jedi Knight

Post by Kon_El »

JME2 wrote:Well, the good news is that with this week's developments, we've all but entered the endgame. The bad news is that, according to a Geoff Johns post on ,, there's going to a slight delay:
I hate it when another artist hops on to a book to draw a few pages to get the book out on time. Poorly flowing art is worth 2 weeks wait to avoid.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

John of the Dead wrote:And boy, Risk just can't catch a break, can he?
He's like the fucking Black Knight from Monty Python or something.

About the only thing I've not liked about SCW so far is this Ion jibberjabber. I don't have a problem with the Ion power suddenly being a space-whale instead of the previously given sources; there's been worse retcons.

But there is only one real Ion, and his name is not Sodam Yat. Image
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Aw, come on, he gave it his all. Let's all give him a hand - oh, too soon? 8) :twisted:
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

JME2 wrote:
Aw, come on, he gave it his all. Let's all give him a hand - oh, too soon? 8) :twisted:
I have to ask, what the hell was he thinking? It's not like he did all that well againt Prime when he was holding back. Did Risk either get a power boost, memory wipe or lobotomy since the last time he faced Prime that I'm not aware of?
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright, the usual reminder to everyone that the next installment of the "Sinestro Corps War", Green Lantern Corps # 18, goes on sale tomorrow.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

JME2 wrote:Alright, the usual reminder to everyone that the next installment of the "Sinestro Corps War", Green Lantern Corps # 18, goes on sale tomorrow.
Update: Guess I jumped the gun. I was just down at my local shop and nothing was in. As a result of Thanksgiving last Thursday, Diamond won't ship any of their books until tomorrow. Sorry about that.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

That was some really dull filler. I mean, okay, it was an entertaining enough fight scene, but the plot was hardly advanced beyond "faux-Ion and Prime slap each other around for twenty-something pages" and a bit of fluff about Daxam society.

Dull. Still, GL#25 seems like it'll be good, especially with the first of those mysterious "Red Lanterns" showing up
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:That was some really dull filler. I mean, okay, it was an entertaining enough fight scene, but the plot was hardly advanced beyond "faux-Ion and Prime slap each other around for twenty-something pages" and a bit of fluff about Daxam society.
As "Epic clashes go", I felt rather dissapointed from that. The Uranium part was nice, but the rest of it was mainly a pair of beings that can bitch-slap Superman hitting each other with bits of rock. Seriously, woulkd it be SO hard to show off "The Ultimate Green Lantern"? The man had ION powers, the powers of superman, and some serious (unshown) talent. What's wrong with at least some green&red energy vision, let alone some inventive uses (Giant green sollar collector, armour, anything beyond a few anemic blasts). Although the ending was Not what I expected to be frank
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright, my usual reminder. This is it. After six months, we have reached the endgame of the war between fear and willpower and we've got three titles with which to go out with a bang.

First up is the final battle in GREEN LANTERN # 25. Second is the epilogue in GREEN LANTERN CORPS # 19. Third up is the fourth and final of the Tales of the Sinestro Corps one-shots, this one focusing upon Ion. All three go on sale on Wednesday.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Re: Sinestro Corps....*spoiler alert*

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Vegi wrote:We've seen the return of The Cyborg Superman, Parallax, Superboy Prime, and the shocking return of The Anti-Monitor!!!
Sounds like this is going to suck.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

His Divine Shadow wrote:
Vegi wrote:We've seen the return of The Cyborg Superman, Parallax, Superboy Prime, and the shocking return of The Anti-Monitor!!!
Have you, uh, actually read it? Because it hasn't sucked at all so far. Actually been my favourite GL story I've read, with only Rebirth coming close.
JME2 wrote:First up is the final battle in GREEN LANTERN # 25. Second is the epilogue in GREEN LANTERN CORPS # 19. Third up is the fourth and final of the Tales of the Sinestro Corps one-shots, this one focusing upon Ion. All three go on sale on Wednesday.
All on the same day? It's like bloody buses. None for ages, and then three come along at once...
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
His Divine Shadow

Nope, just my initial impression since they are bringing that particular character back. I thought it was utterly and totally impossible for him to come back. I dunno, he seems like too big a gun to bring back and it does create that "nobody dies for ever" feel.

Sure it might be good but reading that was a downer.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

It's not been revealed yet how he came back, but it wasn't long after Infinite Crisis that he came back so I'll wager that it was something to do with that, since the Monitor(s) were re-created post-Crisis so it's not too far of a jump to for the Anti-Monitor to show up again.
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Jason
Padawan Learner

Re: Sinestro Corps....*spoiler alert*

Post by Jason »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
Should they be read in the order you listed them?
Jason B. Romano
His Divine Shadow

Manus Celer Dei wrote:It's not been revealed yet how he came back, but it wasn't long after Infinite Crisis that he came back so I'll wager that it was something to do with that, since the Monitor(s) were re-created post-Crisis so it's not too far of a jump to for the Anti-Monitor to show up again.
I wasn't avare the monitor(s) where recreated. Man I totally missed how infinite crisis turned out, something like Alexander Luthor turning into a cunt and getting shot in the face by the joker