what comic book character most deserves some serious Karma

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Personally, the mere creation of Stark Solutions puts Tony well above other heroes, at least in my mind. I don't remember many other Marvel characters laying down very large sums of money for the purposes of charity. In terms of actual tangible good - that is to say, not just beating up on your favourite freak, but actually doing something worthwhile for mankind, Tony Stark is to my knowledge the best.
I remember Peter Parker laid down a large chunk of money (for him) to help fund a memorial library in one issue even when he could have used the money himself. . .but yeah. Those examples are few and far between. :?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

...why?
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

That Luke Cage had it coming to him. Damn blacksploitation hero.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

Add my voice to the choir for Iron Man and Wolvie. Iron Man if only cuz they made him such a dick( almost like Batman without the brooding stepping out of the shadows thing) and Logan because he was cool back in the mid-80's when a healing factor ment it took you a couple of hours to get over a shotgun blast to the gut and now he's on par with Wile E. Coyote as far as durability.

And not neccessarily karma, but I'm really interested in what gonna happen to BlacK Adam in DCverse. He became my fave after in JSA he took over his homeland the old fashion way, ripping your enemies in half with your bare hands.

*SLIGHT SPOILER*
And now that his new "Black Marvel Family" is worm food and he went apeshit a wiped out a whole country's military in a couple of hours, killing innocets in the proccess, I'm just curious as to what happens next. Capt Marvel technically aint around now to handle him.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I'll second Wolvie and Iron Prick, but throw in Batman.

Stephanie Brown doesn't have a case and he treats his other female agent (Cassandra) like utter crap. And for that, he must pay.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

spongyblue wrote:

*SLIGHT SPOILER*
And now that his new "Black Marvel Family" is worm food and he went apeshit a wiped out a whole country's military in a couple of hours, killing innocets in the proccess, I'm just curious as to what happens next. Capt Marvel technically aint around now to handle him.
He goes to kick the ass of the evil scientists, smashes through a force field capable of stopping a dino killer asteroid and kicks ass until someone opens a football field sized tesseract in his brain, knocking him unconciouss. Too bad Captain Marvel and Superman are out of action.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

General Zod wrote:I remember Peter Parker laid down a large chunk of money (for him) to help fund a memorial library in one issue even when he could have used the money himself. . .but yeah. Those examples are few and far between. :?
It's not merely the process of donating money, but it's processes of setting up a foundation. While few other supers have the monetary means to set up such a thing, many of them have other means of doing actual tangible good in third world shitholes. You know all those corrupt warlords making life hell, starving people to death? People like Captain America can actually stop that, even if his personal reserve of monetary funds aren't very high.
Unless you'd like to argue that Bill Gates is our nation's greatest hero.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has poured billions of dollars into AIDS and disease preventation in third-world countries, including spreading knowledge of birth control across Africa. The funds it donates to fight against infectious diseases yearly nearly matches the World Health Organisation (192 different nations) and is comparable to the US Agency for International Development, and currently provides 17% of the entire planet's budget itno eradicating polio. It has put money towards the Grameen Foundation, enough that it plans to shift 2.5 million families above the poverty line in the US within the next five years, with aid for an additional 2.5 million.

So yeah, philantrophy does count, and it counts for a lot.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

NeoGoomba wrote:...why?
Because Punisher needed a disguise to escape Kingpins men so he went to see a plastic surgeon. He didn't expect her to take it that far!
Then he didn't wait and went driving and ended up swerving a bit because he was woosy from the surgery. Some cops pulled him over and before you could say "Rodney King!" they were beating him down. Luckily, Luke Cage happened to be driving by...

And they went and had a magical adventure by beating in a load of crack heads.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!