World War Hulk

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

une
Padawan Learner

World War Hulk

Post by une »

Is anyone else looking forward to this mini series? It looks really cool. They have some previews up at comicbookresources.com. Check them out, they are near the bottom of the page.

I really like the last cover solicit, for the Iron Man tie-in. :lol:

I think that this event has the potential to be pretty good. It's straight forward, action oriented and has a cool premise. In my opinion that's a pretty good formula for a super-hero comic.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Well, the solict for Heroes for Hire confirms that Miek is still alive. Thank goodness.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Kittie Rose
Widdle Bunnymuffin

Post by Kittie Rose »

Sounds a lot more fun than Civil War or anything before it.
Gustav32Vasa
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

Hulk better leave Mr Fantastic to Thor when he returns. Hulk can have IronMan.
"Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling
"Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on
the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You did not place your
hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

I wonder if the Sentry will play a big part in WWH. After all, Hulk love Golden Man.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Hulk ought to eat Iron Man's head.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Judging by the little bit of him fighting Black Bolt the new and improved Hulk wanking is on it's way. :roll:

I like the cover of him trashing Iron Man.

The cover with him grapling with Hercules is curious because the Hulk should be a lot bigger than Herc.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

I'm just waiting for the Hulk to go apeshit, rip Iron Man in half, crush Wolverine into the size of a baseball and throw him into the sun, destroy everyting SHEILD has and change his name to Meastro.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

I'm pretty sure Hulk has ALWAYS been the gold standard in terms of strength and durability in Marvel, when he was enraged and his power was at it's peak.

Since they describe him as having the 'pruest rage yet' (or some such) him resisting Black Bolt's sonic attacks dont surprise me.

As a side note, while him being the gold standard is more tacitly implied in 616 Marvel, in the Ultimate Marvel universe it's more openly acknowledged. Sometimes people compare strength by saying "so and so is equal to the Hulk!" and everyone shits their pants like "ZOMG! The Hulk!?! No Way!!!" (paraphrasing, of course).
Kanye West Saves.

une
Padawan Learner

Post by une »

Tsyroc wrote:Judging by the little bit of him fighting Black Bolt the new and improved Hulk wanking is on it's way. :roll:
To be fair though, wanking is a common thing with the hulk. Like the time he held up that 150 billion ton mountain in Secret Wars, or when he blew up the asteroid that was twice the size of the earth with one punch. Wanking is really part of the Hulk's powerset.
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

I'm pretty sure Hulk has ALWAYS been the gold standard in terms of strength and durability in Marvel, when he was enraged and his power was at it's peak.
Which is why I was highly amused by the joke panel in Godzilla #1 with Hulk staggering out of a footprint and yelling impotently at Godzilla's back. The Big G doesn't appear to have even noticed him.

That was a WEIRD series. One issue they are knocking Godzilla out with chloroform; the next the full force of the Avengers + SHIELD can't stop him.
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Shall we even mention the Pym-Particle incident? Or how about the "Godzilla vs. Cattle Rustlers" incident?
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

spongyblue wrote:I'm just waiting for the Hulk to go apeshit, rip Iron Man in half, crush Wolverine into the size of a baseball and throw him into the sun, destroy everyting SHEILD has and change his name to Meastro.
I'm just waiting for Iron Man to drop by Mr. Fantastic, ask to borrow the Power Gem and then crush the Hulk like an egg with his bare hands.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

The Cattle Rustlers did about as well as Iceman + Hercules against Godzilla, sadly enough. Although I wll say that shrinking Godzilla was an act of genius. Apparently he can beat a New York sewer rat while shrunk down to its size, but his atomic blast is only strong enough to light Dum Dum Dugan's cigar. :lol:
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

*Laughs at this gold gem*
According to McCann, during “World War Hulk,” Punisher will “shoot people.”
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Slightly OT but how strong is Marvel's Hercules? How powerful is he compared to?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Gustav32Vasa

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

Enigma wrote:Slightly OT but how strong is Marvel's Hercules? How powerful is he compared to?
Class 100, though he is weaker then Thor.
"Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I must say, I'm more stoked for this than Civil War; the latter's premise always felt too contrived for me. Combine this with the Endangered Species event that'll soon be running through the X-books and Marvel may achieve some degree of redemption for inflicitng us with 2006's stupidest event... :wink:
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Gustav32Vasa wrote:
Enigma wrote:Slightly OT but how strong is Marvel's Hercules? How powerful is he compared to?
Didn't he use to be a lot stronger?
What is Project Zohar?

Gustav32Vasa

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Gustav32Vasa wrote:
Didn't he use to be a lot stronger?
Stronger then Class 100? That means that he can lift/press up to and above 100 ton. Its the highest level. Hulk, Thor, Galactus Heralds and Juggernaut (before he was depowered). It really means the ability to lift/ press anything between 100 tons and unlimited.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Gustav32Vasa wrote:Stronger then Class 100? That means that he can lift/press up to and above 100 ton. Its the highest level. Hulk, Thor, Galactus Heralds and Juggernaut (before he was depowered). It really means the ability to lift/ press anything between 100 tons and unlimited.
Right, this is why I don't like Class 100. I mean, the Hulk is Class 100, and hes lifted billions of tons. It's nutty I tell you.
What is Project Zohar?

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Class 100 means "They broke the Machine" essentially.

I like to corelate class 100's relative strength to the mass they have.

Probably because that means little can stand up to Marvel's Godzilla due to size alone.

But then again, that was how it was anyway.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:I'm pretty sure Hulk has ALWAYS been the gold standard in terms of strength and durability in Marvel, when he was enraged and his power was at it's peak.
To quote Morph:
Superchicken wrote:RUN! RUN! IT'S THE %#@%@#ING HULK! RUUUUUN!"
[/quote]
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Gustav32Vasa wrote:Stronger then Class 100? That means that he can lift/press up to and above 100 ton. Its the highest level. Hulk, Thor, Galactus Heralds and Juggernaut (before he was depowered). It really means the ability to lift/ press anything between 100 tons and unlimited.
Right, this is why I don't like Class 100. I mean, the Hulk is Class 100, and hes lifted billions of tons. It's nutty I tell you.
He didn't lift billions of tons, he only held up a little corner of it for a little while. Granted, it's a rather impressive feat, but it's not as though he was balancing a mountain on his pinky.

To echo others, "Class 100" is an open ended designation. It's been theorized that there's no actual limit to the Hulk's strength, which puts him at the head of this particular class.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

une wrote:
Tsyroc wrote:Judging by the little bit of him fighting Black Bolt the new and improved Hulk wanking is on it's way. :roll:
To be fair though, wanking is a common thing with the hulk. Like the time he held up that 150 billion ton mountain in Secret Wars, or when he blew up the asteroid that was twice the size of the earth with one punch. Wanking is really part of the Hulk's powerset.
Why do people always quote the Secret Wars mountain as some amazing feat of strength? He didn't bench press 150 billion tons, he kept a small cavity under the mountain from collapsing until the heroes could figure out a way to tunnel out.