Sydney Bristow vs. Wesley Wyndam-Pryce

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Sydney Bristow vs. Wesley Wyndam-Pryce

Post by Demiurge »

Wesley from Angel's fifth season against Jennifer Garner's character from Alias. With guns, and without. What happens?
delicious pies
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

A bunny could beat Wesley,
due to the fact that it’s infected with a regressive polar hydric mutation virus.
(It’s dirty :D )
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Bunny might be able to do so.

Late season Wesley is hardcore.
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

please even hardcore Wesley is no match for Ms. Bristow.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Hardcore Wesley has magic powers.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Hardcore Wesley also doesn't fuck around. It's been established that if he believes you need to die, he will kill you as soon as you give him the opening, and any prior emotional connection to him means jack squat at that point.

He's shot his father(from his POV anyway), and tried to take off Illyria's head with an axe less than a minute after she transformed from Fred.

I'm not personally familiar with Miss Bristow, but if she takes even a second to posture, she's going to be on the floor bleeding.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

The monster. (Monty python bunny) could kill a dragon.

When does Wesley become hardcore exactly?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

the .303 bookworm wrote:The monster. (Monty python bunny) could kill a dragon.

When does Wesley become hardcore exactly?
It's a slow process of transformation, from his introduction in Angel he's signifigantly less useless, and he grows in character and capability.

The closest thing to a single point which you can choose as being Non-hardcore>Hardcore would probably be when he got his throat cut trying to save Connor from a prophecy that said something along the lines of "The father will kill the son". After healing up from this, and being kicked out of the Angel Squad, he did not hesitate to commit feats of heroic bastardy in the name of the cause.

Honsestly, I'm biased, because anyone who keeps the girl who tried to kkill him chained up in a closet with a bucket for plumbing, for several months, while he bangs his hot lawyer wench on the other side of the door, has successfully erased almost any prior stain of wussdom he may have accumulated.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Season 3 of Angel, he get's his throat slit and abandoned by the rest of AI for making such a hard-core decision involiving Angel's Son Conner.

Here's how I picture it: They go into a gunfight, but their character sheilds are strong enough that they don't hit a damn thing. Eventually, they run out of ammo and go into Melee combat, that is where Wesley shines. Not only has he a hidden stake launcher in his wrist, he has the fun colapsable sword. What does Sydney come equiped with in terms of melee combat: Krav-Maga training and aKnife. A Knife.

And that's not even with him preperaring any magical countermeasures like he did at the end of Angel (when he honed is inner-warlock).

In which, something like this would happen:

Sydney: Give it up, Pryce, you're out!

Wesley: I have other options

(Wesley throws a fireball at Sydney)
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Thought it was trek wesley :oops: :oops: .

Nasty sorceror Angel Weasly would kill her.
Photography
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

consequences wrote:Hardcore Wesley also doesn't fuck around. It's been established that if he believes you need to die, he will kill you as soon as you give him the opening, and any prior emotional connection to him means jack squat at that point.

He's shot his father(from his POV anyway), and tried to take off Illyria's head with an axe less than a minute after she transformed from Fred.

I'm not personally familiar with Miss Bristow, but if she takes even a second to posture, she's going to be on the floor bleeding.
Also he stabbed Charles Gunn on his stomach right after he told Wesley that it was his fault that Fred turned into Illyria. He didn't think, he didn't get angry, he just stabbed Gunn a second after he said that.

His magic powers were also impresive, he used those fireballs against that red demon sorcerer in the last episode (ok, they didn't kill him, but threw him like ten feet away). Also, I like that he is the only good guy in both shows (Buffy and Angel) that has nothing against guns, if he has to use something he will, anything.

So, he is a very good fighter, he kills whoever he thinks must be killed without hesitating, he will use any kind of weapon he needs to use, and he has magic powers. I think Syd is going down.
~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

the .303 bookworm wrote:Thought it was trek wesley :oops: :oops: .

Nasty sorceror Angel Weasly would kill her.
Ha ha :D I would love to see Syd killing that guy. :wink:
~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~