Rank DC's human martial artists

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Rank DC's human martial artists

Post by Demiurge »

From best to least best, how does it go?

These ones...

Batman
Robin
Nightwing
Catwoman
Black Canary (no scream power)
Huntress
Wildcat
Lady Shiva
Mr. Terrific
Batgirl
Doctor Mid-nite
Blue Beetle
delicious pies
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

As what been latest?

Lady Shiva/Batman: They share number one since it has been shown what makes one lose is pretty much circumstances.
Batgirl
Catwoman
Mr. Terrific (Taking on Kobra and not dying is a feat Nightwing is not doing)
Nightwing
Doctor Mid-nite
Robin
Wildcat
Black Canary (no scream power)
Blue Beetle
Huntress
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Interesting. I expected Wildcat to be better than Mid-nite or Terrific. I really didn't know that Terrific was at that level. And Mid-nite didn't seem like much of a fighter.... for a superhero, of course.

I expected Huntress to be pretty low. It's a fact that's pointed out often.
delicious pies
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Demiurge wrote:Interesting. I expected Wildcat to be better than Mid-nite or Terrific. I really didn't know that Terrific was at that level. And Mid-nite didn't seem like much of a fighter.... for a superhero, of course.
Mid-Nite showed definitly some decent skills in his mini series.

Terrific definitly shows enough that he can take on the original as well as numerous foes that were relegated to Batman only level.

Wildcat is good, but his problem...literally he's just a boxer, and in the DCU, while nice...he relies upon the fact he has multiple lives and near superhuman endurance rather then the skills that even Connor GA portrays.
I expected Huntress to be pretty low. It's a fact that's pointed out often.
Easily...she pretty much ranks low more on the regard she isn't near as obsessive.

And interesting extras would be throwing in Question who shows very high skills as well as Richard Dragon who has beaten Shiva...Hard.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Waitasecond. Tim and Dick rank below Selina? Valen knows I like her but I recall several occasions of the current Boy Wonder handing her her (really nice) ass, and Dick easily trumps Tim, so what gives?
I think Selina goes by on cunning more than raw fighting ability.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Batman wrote:Waitasecond. Tim and Dick rank below Selina? Valen knows I like her but I recall several occasions of the current Boy Wonder handing her her (really nice) ass, and Dick easily trumps Tim, so what gives?
I think Selina goes by on cunning more than raw fighting ability.
Given Selina has been able to hold her own against Batgirl, who in turn is slightly below par of Lady Shiva, she deserves the ranking easily.

Neither Nightwing or Robin have even come close to that level fighting ability.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Ghost Rider wrote: Given Selina has been able to hold her own against Batgirl, who in turn is slightly below par of Lady Shiva, she deserves the ranking easily.
WHOA!:shock:
Whenever did THAT happen?
I wasn't sure I could hold my own against Cassie.

Definitely not. I stand corrected once more.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

What about Green Arrow's son?

Granted, his martial arts prowess comes from a metahuman power (which lets him duplicate any move he's seen), but other than that, he's a normal human.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Matt Huang wrote:What about Green Arrow's son?
Granted, his martial arts prowess comes from a metahuman power (which lets him duplicate any move he's seen), but other than that, he's a normal human.
Well by that reasoning apart from his superpowers Captain Marvel is a normal human, too...
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I know he's not DC, but where would Taskmaster fit into DC's band of martial artists?
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

How about Huntress vs. Tarantula?
delicious pies
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Batman wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote: Given Selina has been able to hold her own against Batgirl, who in turn is slightly below par of Lady Shiva, she deserves the ranking easily.
WHOA!:shock:
Whenever did THAT happen?
I wasn't sure I could hold my own against Cassie.

Definitely not. I stand corrected once more.
I've told you over and over, Bats... never underestimate me.

Especially when I use my charms on my writers :angelic:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

LadyTevar wrote: I've told you over and over, Bats... never underestimate me.
Especially when I use my charms on my writers :angelic:
I don't think you're allowed to do this impersonation thingy anymore now that you're a married woman, you know. :wtf:
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Batman wrote:I wasn't sure I could hold my own against Cassie..
You probably can't.

She's capable of beating Deathstroke*, if he plays fair, and still in with a damn good chance if he cheats. And he's cleaned your clock.

(*And she's never even been a Titan)
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Vendetta wrote:
Batman wrote:I wasn't sure I could hold my own against Cassie..
You probably can't.
She's capable of beating Deathstroke*, if he plays fair, and still in with a damn good chance if he cheats. And he's cleaned your clock.
(*And she's never even been a Titan)
See? That's what I'm talking about.
Valen sometimes I hate being a comic book character...
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Batman wrote: See? That's what I'm talking about.
Being outdone by your own protegé or having your abilities fluctuate with the whim of some spotty herbert with a pen?

At least I had the decency to die before being subject to either.

(can't escape the shitty movie though)
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Vendetta wrote:
Batman wrote: See? That's what I'm talking about.
Being outdone by your own protegé
I think I could have lived with that. I mean can you think of anything more humiliating to an opponent than me, at the brink of defeat, calling in a teenager that will subsequently anihilate him without putting in any effort?
or having your abilities fluctuate with the whim of some spotty herbert with a pen?
That's it. One day I have to give my level best to hold my own against Shiva, the next I clobber her without a thought.
Can you spell continuity?
I knew you couldn't.
:evil:
Morat
Padawan Learner

Post by Morat »

I think people are really underestimating Blue Beetle. He did manage to defeat the original Blue Beetle, after all.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Taskmaster, if he were on the list, would be near the top. It's generally accepted that Captain America =(approximately, I'm on a weird Europe computer and can't find the tilde)= Batman, and Taskers can go toe to toe with Cap on a good day.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Cap is pretty close to Batman, but in one of the pre-Amalgam crossovers where they had a bit of a scrap Batman actually won.

Remember that Captain America isn't quite a normal human, like Deathstroke he's got a range of strength, endurance, and tactical enhancements.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Didn't Catwoman's book or maybe some sort of year one type of thing make it like Selina could pick up fight skills just by seeing them once (ala the Taskmaster) or something like that?
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

not that I recall, but then again Catwoman is Wildcat's former protege.

hmm also on the list should be the Wilson's Father and Daughter.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Tsyroc wrote:

Didn't Catwoman's book or maybe some sort of year one type of thing make it like Selina could pick up fight skills just by seeing them once (ala the Taskmaster) or something like that?
Yep. Thought it was among the funnier of abilities.

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:not that I recall, but then again Catwoman is Wildcat's former protege.

hmm also on the list should be the Wilson's Father and Daughter.
Slade is slightly above Batman, but below Batgirl. He's fought Batman twice, handily schooling him once, and holding up despite Bats being a distraction from what he was actually trying to do the second time. Against Cassie he was slightly overmatched on their first encounter, when he fought her hand to hand, but was slightly winning when he fought on his own terms, using his guns a lot more.

Rose loses, and hard, to Batgirl.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

even with her precog abilities?

oh well I forgot we have two "cheaters" to include...

Promethus whose in the running due to having the fighting styles of the top 15 cyberwired into his brain.

Manhunter: whose now got the spirit of the wildhuntsman* (and with it a few Eons of combat experience) inside his otherwise human shell.)

*which means that he's human but now has acess to the memories of a god/demon

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin