A New Age in Comics pt. 1: X-Men

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

A New Age in Comics pt. 1: X-Men

Post by Demiurge »

I have some ideas that will totally reimagine the DC and Marvel universes. This is a new direction in superhero stories that will blow your mind out the back of your skull.

The first is a story arc that will usher in a new era for the X-Men. I think Marvel will really like this, and give me lots of money for it.

It opens with the X-men battling the Juggernaut. They're losing badly, when suddenly the tables turn. Wolverine starts growing fur and claws. He howls like an animal and jumps on Juggernaut. He has incredible strength in this new form, and he beats Juggernaut to death! Wolverine realizes that this must be another aspect of his mysterious origin. He goes off alone, once again searching for his true past.

Meanwhile, a surge of energy appears in Magneto's secret island base. It enters a lifeless body in a cloning tank. It wakes up, and magnetic energy bursts out. Magneto is back, and more powerful than ever!
Wolverine finds an old military base in the wilds of Canada. He tears through its defenses, and finds an evil scientist inside. The scientist explains that Wolverine was once an animal-- an actual wolverine! Evil military scientists turned him into a man-beast hybrid with the strength of an animal! Wolverine vows to never again use this terrible power, for it may doom the world!

Suddenly, Magneto approached Wolverine and offers to make an alliance. He explains that in his new body he finally has his true memory back, like before Xavier wiped it clean! He tells Wolvie that Xavier is really the tyrant Adolph Hitler. It turns out all of his rascist hatred was a load of lies to distract the world from his true plan: to breed an army of supermutants to take over the world! Magneto cannot allow a human to subjugate the mutants like this! He has to stop Hitler! Wolverine grudgingly joins him.

They confront Xavier, and he reveals his true self. His kindly face and bald head are suddenly replaced by a mustache and evil nazi hair! He sends his X-men to kill Wolverine! Wolvie easily beats them all. Meanwhile, Magneto overpowers and kills Hitler. The X-Men come to their senses and apologize.

Unfortunately, Magneto has another plan. He declares that with Hitler gone, no one can stop him from conquering the world! Using his incredible power, he tears apart the earth's moon and transforms the fragments into an army of human-killing sentinels! The X-Men have to stop him! They charge at Magneto, but he blasts them with magneto-bolts! They are all torn to shreds, except for Wolverin whos healing factor saves him.

Magneto pulls all of the adamantium from Wolverine's body, and shapes it into an indestructible super-sentinel! Wolverine has no choice. He taps into his primal power, and turns into the Wolverine! He pummels the robot into scrap and then cuts off Magneto's head!

Victory is bitter. He looks at his clawed hands, and at his fallen comrades, and he knows what he must now do. So he flies off to Magneto's island base, and clones himself 12 time. He names the new X-Men Wolvie-X, Wolverina, Wolverine Ultra, Wolverine Master, Masterine, Badverine, Wolverine-X-treme, X-treme-verine, Xolverine, Slashverine, Clawverine, and their leader Mega-MaxKillverine.

He knows that he can never control the beast within, so he cuts off his own head. Wolverine dies, but his legacy lives on. A new day dawns. A new era begins.

I hope you found that to be as awesome as I did.
delicious pies
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

This is bizarre even by local standards.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Caius
Padawan Learner

Post by Caius »

all I can say is WTF?
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Are you sure you aren't writing for Marvel already? :)
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

*shrugs* nope, not cool
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Tsyroc wrote:Are you sure you aren't writing for Marvel already? :)
It's Chris Claremont! Quick, don't let him get away!

(Or does it make too much logical sense to be Claremont?)
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

It can't be Claremont. None of the hot chicks were major characters and the guys weren't whining wusses, or is that just Old School Claremont? :D

Right now it could be any number of Marvel people.

1. Uberfan Wank Wolverine plus secret backstory :check:

2. Never say die constantly being powered up Magneto :check:

3. A buttload of future spin-off "Wolvie" titles :ding, ding, ding: we have a winner.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
LordChaos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by LordChaos »

Can you say "Craptastic"?

I knew you could..

(sorry, but that wouldn't even be good enough for a sci-fi channel made for tv movie).
There is no problem to dificult for a signifigantly large enough quantity of C-4 to handle.
If you're leaving scorch marks, you aren't using a big enough gun.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Is there a Slashverine action figure out already?
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Sadly, this is pretty moderate by Wolverine wank standards.

This is hilarious, BTW, is it cool if I post it in another forum if I give you credit?

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I, for one, welcome our new Wolverine overlords.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

This is some type of parody right? Of course it is.

Charles Xavier secretly Adolf Hitler? James Bond being secretly a Time Lord makes more sense.

Wolvering wank? Oh God. Can you image a SW vs ST fic, where Wesley taps into his genius and adjusts the phasers to utterly annihilate an ISD in one shot. That's what your Wolverine killing Juggernaut sounds like.

Magneto having an ulterior motive for doing what he does. This just sounds cliche.

I happily await your reimagining of the DC universe. How about Princess Maxima comes back from the dead with stronger mental powers, mind controls Supes to mate with her and produces an uber offspring of doom. :lol: Come on, you know you want to read this story.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Um, why wouldn't it parody? It makes fun of all of Marvel's X-Men ridiculousness.
The Prime Necromancer
Jedi Knight

Post by The Prime Necromancer »

Every time I read over those names, I can't help but chortle. :lol:
Is it a crime to try and learn the truth? Is it a sin to search for those things which you fear? My purpose in this world is knowledge, and the dissemination of it. And it is I who is to restore the fruits of my labors to the entire world. Wake up! Don’t be afraid of knowledge! Humans who loose the capacity to think become creatures whose existence has no value. Think, you humans who are split into two worlds! Unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivion, YOU MUST THINK! - Schwarzwald
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

That's some great stuff there man. :D
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

We should make him our leader.
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Yes, of course it's a parody. And yes, you can post it with credit. This reply is late because I don't have easy access to a computer. I can, however, post another one if anyone is interested. I'm working on one for Spider-man right now, and I could post it in a few days.
delicious pies
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Demiurge wrote:Yes, of course it's a parody. And yes, you can post it with credit. This reply is late because I don't have easy access to a computer. I can, however, post another one if anyone is interested. I'm working on one for Spider-man right now, and I could post it in a few days.
I hereby request you to do so.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Still better then the drivel of the past 10-15 years of X-garbage.

I would welcome such changes if for nothing else to see how many would still hold to it and smile.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete