Gor?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Invade Gor.

Post by Norseman »

Steve wrote:
Junghalli wrote:Yes, let us keep this thread alive. Thinking of all the horrible things that can be done to Gor makes my day that much happier.
I really want to do fanfic where Gor gets conquered by somebody. I'm thinking future Earth would be the most fun to read, but it doesn't seem quite sadistic enough, so I'm a little torn between that or something nastier like the Necrons under Nightbringer C'tan (who enjoys "seasoning" his meals with terror and pain, thus giving the Gors the hideous punishment they so richly deserve).
The only problem is that I would actually have to research the Gorverse to do it, and my stomach is heaving at the mere thought.
Oh, I can provide some links and quotes that'll twist your stomach.

And another mark against Gor is the heavily implied racism in some parts, like the "Red Savages". Only whites have built the really powerful civs, it seems.

I spent a month in a permanent mad-rage when I first found out about Gor. I've built up a bit of a tolerance now, thankfully.
Well now the Free Republic of Pendleton would be a fun thing to have invade Gor, after all Pendleton believes in chivalry towards women (at least free women) Gor however practises misogynia on such a scale that even the most knuckle dragging Pendletonian male would want to wretch. For extra fun points they would also consider Gor to be a pack of heathen savages, literally that is.

It'd be like a really nasty British Empire doing a Devil's Wind on the whole damn planet! I can just picture swarms of Tarnsmen being mowed down by the Aerial Cruisers! Having the bastards strapped across cannon before being blown to pieces! Have their noble muscle rippling warriors gutted by massed bayonet charges! Ooooooh yeah!

Bonus for the fact that Pendleton actually has enough magic to neutralize the Priest-Kings, unlike modern day Earth.
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Re: Invade Gor.

Post by Junghalli »

Steve wrote:Oh, I can provide some links and quotes that'll twist your stomach.
Yeah, thanks a lot guys, now I'm seriously scared to check out their reference site. I'm actually having to steel myself for it; I feel like I'm about to take a peak into a pit of week-old corpses. How the fuck am I supposed to research it now that you've spent the last five pages scaring me you bastards?!:wink:
Norseman wrote:Well now the Free Republic of Pendleton would be a fun thing to have invade Gor, after all Pendleton believes in chivalry towards women (at least free women) Gor however practises misogynia on such a scale that even the most knuckle dragging Pendletonian male would want to wretch. <snip> Bonus for the fact that Pendleton actually has enough magic to neutralize the Priest-Kings, unlike modern day Earth.

Meh, I was never much of a magic enthusiast. I'm more into the cold hard destructive power backed by our superior modern science. Tell you what, you do a fanfic where the FRP clobbers them and I'll punk them my own way, that way we can both have fun tearing that accursed black rock five new ones, how does that sound?
And I wasn't thinking of modern Earth, I was thinking of the United Earth from my own SF universe. It's got a respectable interstellar empire and is about the same tech level as B5's Earth Alliance, maybe a little higher. A few of their warships can take down the Priest-King's defense sattelites with ease, and then they have a modern mechanized army to roll across the plains of Gor. I'm so looking forward to writing those fuckwad Gors' reactions to being shelled and then run over by tanks. :twisted:
Or if I err on the side of sadism there are several alien species in that universe which are going to be much less nice to them than the UE is. Or I could choose from among the rich selection of horrors others have already suggested as worthy fates for them. Ah, so many unpleasant things in the universe, so few Gors <sigh>...
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Junghalli wrote:
Yeah, thanks a lot guys, now I'm seriously scared to check out their reference site. I'm actually having to steel myself for it; I feel like I'm about to take a peak into a pit of week-old corpses. How the fuck am I supposed to research it now that you've spent the last five pages scaring me you bastards?!:wink:
You're not. You're supposed to stay the Fuck away from it. :roll:

Trust me, one day of 'research' and you'll be using steelwool, trying to get the feel of it off your skin.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

LadyTevar wrote:
Junghalli wrote:

Trust me, one day of 'research' and you'll be using steelwool, trying to get the feel of it off your skin.
I know! I did some research... I now feel the desperate urge to hurt these people, badly, VERY badly! Devil's Wind badly!
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Adeptus Sororitas

Putting chainswords to good use since the damnifiknow millenia.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Junghalli wrote:
If you are encouraged not to research Gor from reading this thread for the purposes of writing a fanfic, then I (an others who posted here) have not wasted my time. Though visualizing Gor overrun by Starcraft Zerg, Jorodowski Ultrafems or whoever is immensely satisfying, writing/posting a fanfic about it is giving it more attention than it deserves and might have the terrible effect of encouraging people to read the trash that is the legacy of Norman. Spend your creative efforts elsewhere. If you absolutely want to write about Gor write a letter of appeal to have Norman placed under arrest for encouraging sexual abuse, and for Gor "gamers" to be arrested for participating in it. I would sign that letter.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Well we could let The Threat from my SF verse have them.

Imagine the Dark Eldar...only way more sadistic, and they become increasingly stronger the more afraid you are of them with no real upper limit. Masters of psychological warfare. Nerve gas that causes vivid, horrific illusions so real they cause psycholofical and physiological pain...

Plus they're big ugly LOTR Orc looking sons of bitches with starships that look like huge centipedes.

Course...no way in hell The Threat are sparing the kidnapped human females. They'd be horribly massacred too, or worse taken by the female Threat, Banshees, who 'steal' your 'voice' and use the recordings of their screams ampliphied by a couple thousand times as sonic weapons.
Kanye West Saves.

Black Admiral
Jedi Council Member

Post by Black Admiral »

Another 40K idea: Konrad Curze, after he's become the Night Haunter.
"I do not say the French cannot come. I only say they cannot come by sea." - Admiral Lord St. Vincent, Royal Navy, during the Napoleonic Wars

"Show me a general who has made no mistakes and you speak of a general who has seldom waged war." - Marshal Turenne, 1641
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote:
Junghalli wrote:

I never did that. I just spent a month in a perpetual state of rage. Though that might've been from the broken AC in the middle of summer. Not sure.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

or you could have not too distant future earth invading, with assistance from small groups of whatever race you want.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

If only one could place Gorean warriors in the place of those poor Chinese peasants I slaughter with maxed out characters in DW5.... :twisted:

Mowing through an army of Goreans with the "Mighty" Lu Bu sounds very appealing.

"Out of my way, scum!" :twisted: 8)
Mopeyennuui
Padawan Learner

Post by Mopeyennuui »

On SB I hate the nazi's discover a portal to gor, only able to use it after a month.

The world made peace with Hisler. This was belivable.

Also a Division or three under Rommel was considered enough to kill all of Gor.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Actually why go high tech...

Just because your technically advanced doesn't make you "Civilized"

"It's not like the bombing of Etheopia by Italy was proof of the superiority of European "Civilization"."-Robert Howard to H.P. Lovecraft on rascism, and European "civilization"

Trust me, Valeria, Sonja, Conan and their free company's could handle it all, making the world safe for plunder, pillage, and love.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

LadyTevar wrote:
Junghalli wrote:Yeah, thanks a lot guys, now I'm seriously scared to check out their reference site. I'm actually having to steel myself for it; I feel like I'm about to take a peak into a pit of week-old corpses. How the fuck am I supposed to research it now that you've spent the last five pages scaring me you bastards?!:wink:
But how am I supposed to deliver them onto a suitably gruesome fate when I don't know anything about them?
I have skimmed their reference site (Gorworld) and (I'll probably get flamed for this) I have to say it wasn't as horrible as I was expecting. The society itself isn't terribly much worse than say, the modern Taliban, and it's probably in most respects actually slightly less reprehensible than the Draka. It's the fact that they're portrayed as good guys and there are people out there who think this would be a good way to organize a society in RL that really burns people (yes, it makes me want to hurt them too).
Naturally, I'm not touching their philosophy sites or their forums with a fifty foot pole.
Lord Zentei wrote:Though visualizing Gor overrun by Starcraft Zerg, Jorodowski Ultrafems or whoever is immensely satisfying, writing/posting a fanfic about it is giving it more attention than it deserves and might have the terrible effect of encouraging people to read the trash that is the legacy of Norman.
But... but the Nightbringer's so hungry. Can I feed them to him. Oh please oh please oh please. :twisted:
Lord Zentei wrote:If you absolutely want to write about Gor write a letter of appeal to have Norman placed under arrest for encouraging sexual abuse, and for Gor "gamers" to be arrested for participating in it. I would sign that letter.
Somehow that just doesn't sound as fun as turning the rivers and seas of Gor red with their blood.
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

Mowing through an army of Goreans with the "Mighty" Lu Bu sounds very appealing
I prefer Zhou Tai and his Katana, Slice and dice.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I say the Star Kingdom of Manticore runs into these 'people'. They'd all collectively reel in horror before loaded pinnaces start dropping troops and making runs across mansions and estates and whatnot. It's not so hideously over-the-top that you know.. they don't see the hammer before it hits.

Or perhaps we could leave them for Decapodian occupation? :P
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I say let the Autobots drop a train on 'em.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!"
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

starfury wrote:
Mowing through an army of Goreans with the "Mighty" Lu Bu sounds very appealing
I prefer Zhou Tai and his Katana, Slice and dice.
Zhou Tai works too. But think of this:

Ma Chao + Stallion Fury + Shadow Harness + Horned Helm + Ginseng (or whichever item raises charge attack power) + Tiger Amulet. :twisted:

Though for proper irony, the use of maxed out Zhu Rong, Sun Shang Xiang, Yue Ying, and Xing Cai would be fitting. :)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I say let the Autobots drop a train on 'em.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!"
I was JUST about to say Transformers. I would go with Megatron and his gang.

It'd be really ironic. Not only does Megs hate puny organics, he's just as sadistic and any Gorean would be plus he's like eighty feet tall.
Kanye West Saves.

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

No, only about twenty-five. Optimus is about the same height.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Hmmm.. female Espers from Phantom Dust.

"What you're going to enslave me?" *Goreans arm snaps* "Oh you to?" *Entire group of Goreans get squished by a Gravity Press*

Or... OOH!

The Genocyber! Two women for the price of one, her presence can drive humans mad, and if they seriously tick her off she can nuke the ever loving shit out of them (and thats if she doesn't go the Scanners route and make their heads explode)
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Eh, twenty, eighty...still creates the situation of Megatron brutally stamping on attacking soldiers like ants. Dicepticon anti-personnel weapons...also known as their feet. :twisted:

"Oh, you have swords. How cute. My foot is made of hardened alloys and weighs several tons, enjoy!"

WHAM! *squish*
Kanye West Saves.

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I don't want Megatron doing it, I'd rather have the Autobots. Somehow I feel that Megatron would hatch some kind of scheme to work with the Gorians for his own purposes, like he always does.

White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Naah, not Manticore...Grayson. Given their history with Masada...ooh, ow, I can feel the pain from HERE.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Actually why go high tech...

Just because your technically advanced doesn't make you "Civilized"

"It's not like the bombing of Etheopia by Italy was proof of the superiority of European "Civilization"."-Robert Howard to H.P. Lovecraft on rascism, and European "civilization"
Firstly: civilization != compassion. The placement of civilization in inverted commas due to the presence of racism is a bit of a fallacy, and a common one.

Secondly: though it is true enough enough that higher tech does not automatically mean victory, that is the way to bet, other things being equal.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka