The Size of the Droid Army "Retconned"

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Ahh. Smart man. 8)

I've actually campaigned more for this, using the word "millions", followed by military units instead of individual soldiers. Or "countless". Why on Earth LFL didn't think of that on their own, is beyond me.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Ender wrote:
VT-16 wrote:Unless this rejection is stated outright in a source, and since SW:CL came out after Insider 84, retaining the same reference, this is irrelevant. I really can't imagine what goes on inside the head of any LFL representative who thought 3 million troops for a galactic army was a good idea. Talk about a lack of perspective.
They proaby mean a more explicit reference.
TFN Cocksucker off the port bow (Comments section):
LtNOWIS wrote:date Posted: Jul 16, 2006 10:01 AM
This is excellent! Lord of War is probably my favorite Insider Supplement ever. I eagerly await Part 4.

One question:

a reference to a potentially much larger figure from Inside the Worlds of Episode II was rejected

Does this mean the "millions more [divisions]" quote in that book should no longer be taken at face value?

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Watch every TFN asskisser repeat Pena's statement about ITW until the end of time, but conveniently forget that in the next paragraph, he even suggests that Odds's numbers might be bullshit as well. :roll:
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
Cykeisme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cykeisme »

A page late, haven't been following.. but.. she's a creationist? Jesus it's all falling into place now..
"..history has shown the best defense against heavy cavalry are pikemen, so aircraft should mount lances on their noses and fly in tight squares to fend off bombers". - RedImperator

"ha ha, raping puppies is FUN!" - Johonebesus

"It would just be Unicron with pew pew instead of nom nom". - Vendetta, explaining his justified disinterest in the idea of the movie Allspark affecting the Death Star
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Jim Raynor wrote:Watch every TFN asskisser repeat Pena's statement about ITW until the end of time, but conveniently forget that in the next paragraph, he even suggests that Odds's numbers might be bullshit as well. :roll:
Yes, that's extremely annoying. However, Peñas' reply over at the TFN thread makes me even more worried about how the EU is managed by Licensing. Peña himself is unaware of how the process works, but he included a passage in his General Grievous: Lord of War which upped the number of clone troopers using the AOTC:ItW as reference. The passage was removed by the editors. The editors?! How the hell are they managing this stuff?
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

As he said in his long post, that's just an assumption and can easily fall into the "no hard limit" stipulation (you know, the one Kaufman stated existed and then tried to take back by claiming "context" from a one-sentence post so as not to "drive a wedge" between him and Travissty :roll:).
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Vympel wrote:As he said in his long post, that's just an assumption and can easily fall into the "no hard limit" stipulation (you know, the one Kaufman stated existed and then tried to take back by claiming "context" from a one-sentence post so as not to "drive a wedge" between him and Travissty :roll:).
Yes, you're quite right.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Due to the size of this thread I'm sticky/locking it for one and starting a new one.

EDIT: part two can be found here

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton