Jedi Knights as the galaxy peacekeepers?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Crossover_Maniac wrote:
David wrote:I've always wondered how the jedi would fill that role. The galaxy is huge and there don't seem to be enough jedi to act as peacekeepers in any degree.
Yeah, you'd think that. 10,000 Jedi (where did that number come from) can't possibly be peacekeepers in a galaxy of 12 million worlds. I believe they play a special ops roll. They use the Force to forsee where and when trouble will start, who will start, why, and what to do about long before it starts. This is why it was so damning for the Jedi to have their visions of the future blocked by Palpatine. Without it, they don't have the ability of the surgical strike that allowed them to be so effective even with their small number.
Not to mention sheer complacency. You'd think they'd try to learn to act in units greater than two without it becoming a clusterfuck.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

BrianDavion wrote:keep in mind windu send according to the novel 200 jedi into the area. quite literally all they could afford.

Or that was all that were available in a short amount of time.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

If you remember, in TPM it's stated that the Sith haven't been visibly around for 1,000 years. And I think in the EU, the Sith war was 1,000 years before the Rebellion. Have 1,000 years of peace and you'd grow complacent too. Just look at the Romans. Took them 200 years.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

When you consider they are responsible for maintaining the peace in at least a million worlds, 200 is a unrealisticy small number.