Just spotted something in RotJ

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Just spotted something in RotJ

Post by Vympel »

Watch the centre of the clearing when Leia, Han etc are led out with their hands on their heads by the Stormtroopers. You'll see a guy in a Scout trooper outfit, his helmet off (the body glove extending over his head, so you can see his face but not his hair), with his hands on his head.

I guess the Rebels took the Scout troopers clothes and dressed up one of their own to maintain the ruse of the guard being maintained when those three other troopers came back from chasing the Ewok. So much for that plan.

If you need help spotting him, he's got a big ass mo.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

Here's a screenshot of the scene in question.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Jesus Christ how many fucking times have I seen that movie and never noticed that?!?
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

I just noticed how the landing platform at night where Vader´s shuttle lands and the one in day-time are two different platforms. The one at night had a "control tower" next to it and the other one was further away from the shield generator. :P
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Stravo wrote:Jesus Christ how many fucking times have I seen that movie and never noticed that?!?
I saw it myself for the very first time just a few days ago. I thought maybe it was inserted with the SE, but I don't have my non-SE edition at hand to compare them.
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

I haven't checked the original version, but I don't see why he'd be added to the SE/DVD editions. Besides, a comment would've been made about him.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Re: Just spotted something in RotJ

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Vympel wrote:Watch the centre of the clearing when Leia, Han etc are led out with their hands on their heads by the Stormtroopers. You'll see a guy in a Scout trooper outfit, his helmet off (the body glove extending over his head, so you can see his face but not his hair), with his hands on his head.

I guess the Rebels took the Scout troopers clothes and dressed up one of their own to maintain the ruse of the guard being maintained when those three other troopers came back from chasing the Ewok. So much for that plan.
CLEARLY this man is the 3rd Knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!

I guess he chose poorly...
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Firefox wrote:I haven't checked the original version, but I don't see why he'd be added to the SE/DVD editions. Besides, a comment would've been made about him.
I agree. It doesn't "look" as if he were inserted. Just one of those things I never noticed before.
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

And it seems you have chosen poorly...for an image host, that is. :P
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Firefox wrote:And it seems you have chosen poorly...for an image host, that is. :P
Hm. I just googled for the knight and found the image there.

Try here.
SpacedTeddyBear
Jedi Master

Post by SpacedTeddyBear »

Watch the centre of the clearing when Leia, Han etc are led out with their hands on their heads by the Stormtroopers. You'll see a guy in a Scout trooper outfit, his helmet off (the body glove extending over his head, so you can see his face but not his hair), with his hands on his head.
You've never noticed that? I've always thought that it was just another "goof" that was well known. Kinda like the number window panels on the MF, or the stormtrooper who bops his head on the opening door in ANH when they break into the control room where C3PO and R2 are.
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Actually you can see the guy putting the helmet on in the scene in which Han and the others enters the bunker (before the wipe to the scene where Luke is brought before the Emperor).

EDIT: Oh, in the scene in which Paploo lures away the scouts on the speeder bike, you can see the older member of the strike team (a guy with a light colored beard) laying down his weapon after Han taps the scout's shoulder and runs after Han. Presumeably he's the one that puts on the uniform.

I thought this was well known?
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

It was fairly known among people who read about cut-scenes. :P
The part cut was where they instruct him to stand guard outside.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Do you guys reckon this 'hardened rebel psycho commando' Vym pointed out has bitch-tits? It's like they grabbed some bum off the street and put him in Stormtrooper armour and said "Just stand there and look sad and we'll give you a hot dog at the end of it. Please don't piss in the suit."

And you guys sweiously never noticed this before? Wow. You haven't seen the movies enough, methinks. ;)
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

You guys are gonna piss yourselves when you notice Darth Vader is holding two lightsabers while searching for Luke in the Emperor's throne room!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I was always under the impression it was the Scout that was left behind when the others belted off after the Ewok.
I thought he was a bit old for a scout...
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Vanas wrote:I was always under the impression it was the Scout that was left behind when the others belted off after the Ewok.
I thought he was a bit old for a scout...
No. It's a rebel commando. You see the same guy walking around with the team earlier in the film, wearing Jungle camoflage.
Hot Hands Harry
Youngling

Post by Hot Hands Harry »

So did this Rebel commando in scout armor take part in the battle after the Ewok attack. For some reason I can see him put his helmet back on, walk up to Stormtroopers and start shooting Stormtroopers in the back. This add some new angles I never thought of.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Lord Poe wrote:You guys are gonna piss yourselves when you notice Darth Vader is holding two lightsabers while searching for Luke in the Emperor's throne room!
That I noticed a long time ago. Its little details like this that make repeated viewings so cool sometimes when you pick up on stuff like this.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

He seems to have stuck to the Rebel Commando regimen of eating and sitting. :P
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Hot Hands Harry wrote:So did this Rebel commando in scout armor take part in the battle after the Ewok attack. For some reason I can see him put his helmet back on, walk up to Stormtroopers and start shooting Stormtroopers in the back. This add some new angles I never thought of.
Most of the people who want the Battle of Endor to get a "SE Treatment" makeover universally want more space battles and big ships on fire. I am one of the few who want the battle on the ground to show us little Ewoks with guns, and the Rebel Commandos actually doing something beside scuffling with stormies, running around, taking cover and getting shot, in that order.

Oh, I also want the Ewoks to not only beat a stormtrooper to death but to drink his blood and become bloody little teddy bears. I always thought that would be a great parody for Futurama to do, I mean they already mocked Star Trek so why not Star Wars? But then I remember that Futurama was cancelled by the pencil-dicks working for Fox.
Hot Hands Harry
Youngling

I think Futurama was picked up by Cartoon Network. Or at least the reruns. I haven’t been able to watch Midnight swim for a long time.

Yeah, I would love to see a SE of the Endor battle.
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

I agree, lets see more of this kind of action:

While effective, bashing thing with blunt heavy objects draws the ire of Fanboys like nothing else.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

HOLY SHIT IT'S PAUL! Makes sense....speederbikes and all that...
Hot Hands Harry
Youngling

Hey, I heard that there is an Ewok with a blaster at the start of the battle and he even fires a shot. Does anyone have a pic of that.