If you could play a SW character

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Sarevok
The Fearless One

If you could play a SW character

Post by Sarevok »

Based on your appearance and acting talents which SW movie characters do you think you could play ? What kind of characer can you play in the upcoming SW TV show or a future movie if there is one ?

Being a medium height south asian guy I obviously dont match and cant play any of the main characters in the SW films. However I suppose I could be a background character or a padawan getting gunned down in ROTS. Being a clone or storm trooper would always work too.

As for option 2 I would be a Jedi. Nuff said. :D
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Commander Bacara!
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I could be a Senator, i'm human, slightly plump, and can be easily led, exactly what Palps wants in his goverment.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Danny Bhoy
Jedi Knight

Post by Danny Bhoy »

Personally I'd like to play one of the Mos Eisely or Jabba's Court barflies (especially the band members, perhaps Max Rebo himself since I fancy myself as a bit of a keyboardist too but unfortunately not blue or have a conk), a Rebel Alliance fighter pilot at Endor, or a corpulent corrupt Senator (will need to pack on the pounds though) in the PT or one of those Jedi Knights or Padawans 66'd at the Temple (preferably gone down under a hail of fire from the clones after taking a bunch of them to join me in Valhalla rather than backhanded by Vader in one stroke with his lightsabre).
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Aayla Secura's hotter sister... with lots of CGI!
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

My calm demeanor and beard says Jedi Knight. My smart-assery and scruffiness says smuggler.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

An Imperial officer having moral difficulties with the activities of the new order.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Arcen
Youngling

Post by Arcen »

I would probably fit best being the bar tender in ANH. Not fat, 3 day growth of beard (when I can get away with it) and generally gruff.
Serving in eternity waiting for my time to expire.
Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

I could probably swing Han Solo physically, and I can play the scruffy smuggler. I'd rather play a jedi who's on the verge of falling to the Dark side. Not intentionally, but one who's actions and emotions always pull me away from the Light.
MFS Angry Wookiee - PRFYNAFBTFC

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." -Richard Dawkins
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Wedge Antilles, Luke Skywalker. Everyone else is either out of my age bracket or the wrong gender. :P
JADAFETWA
Korvan
Jedi Master

Post by Korvan »

Tractor-beam control officer on the Executor, hoping that Lord Vader never finds out that I was reading message boards on the holo-net when I was supposed to be locking on to the Falcon as it left Bespin.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

As a kid I'd be some kid who is in the background of a scene while the main characters come by. If we were to suppose I was an adult, I'd be a low ranked Imperial Officer extra.

(And maybe I'd get my own little piece of EU saying I'm really a normal guy who supports the New Order only to stay out of trouble with it and ventually I get knocked off for that reason, or just shot as two Rebels and a Wookie try to break into the brig I'm posted at. I mean, if the Snowtrooper with the Rank Plaque gets a name, I deserve a backstory.)
Darth Sephiroth
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Sephiroth »

A rogue (Non-Dark) Jedi/Force User with leanings towards smuggler, probably much like my RPG character...
Need Backup!
My Employer ID is: 29877
See the New Imperium (Please check this out we need people there)
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Thats an Easy one. A famed transport and smugger piloting a Highly modified Action-VI transport. (or is that VI? I always get them confused)
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

I admit it, I said Commander Bacara because I like his helmet. Who I'd be best suited as is another matter:

Going by my personality/accent/etc. I'd say an Imperial officer who follows the rules because They Are The Rules(TM).

Going by a combination of my age group and my ego, Boba Fett. :P
Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

Post by Techno_Union »

A senator in the days of the Republic would work out quite fine. I could even survive into Palpatine's empire... until he disolves the senate of course.
Proud member of GALE Force.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Han Solo, Lando, Wedge, normal human males in other words, I might a bit on the young side though at 23.

However I cannot act.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Give me a big, rotund spacesuit and I'll play an Ugor in some background scene. Star Wars needs more official/canon instances of Ugor.

I could also pull off being a Geonosis Arena background Jedi, since I have no practical competence with a boken but really cool long hair. But I'd probably wish they'd given me an alien mask to wear instead of being the umpteenth human Jedi to contrast from all the aliens among the heroes.
By His Word...
Aquatain
Padawan Learner

Post by Aquatain »

Chewbacca since i'm very tall.
There Lives More Faith In Honest Doubt,Belive Me,Than In Half The Creeds. ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson.

"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Guy repairing/programming computers and droids
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

With my fat guy, I could easily play a rancor keeper. :P
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Anomie
Padawan Learner
Location: Between the begining of time and the end of the universe

Post by Anomie »

With my fat guy, I could easily play a rancor keeper.
I would also have to go with this one, or maybe Porkins from ANH.

Who I'd like to play would be an outter rim freighter captain/smuggler with a heart of gold.
You shall be the instrument of my vengence. Through you I shall scream out my wrath unto the heavens.
"Explosions fix everything" - Nabeshin - Excel Saga
"When you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss comments on how you have no social life."
"We jumped the shark AND took its wallet" My friend commenting upon our groups dinner conversation.
CoVD:We are all but a part of a dream that Vin Diesel is having.
Church of Perverts: As the Lord commands, so shall we do. And do. And do.
Drunk Monkey
Padawan Learner

Post by Drunk Monkey »

A Tattoine Pimp.
The Jazz Intern
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jazz Intern »

my friends all say greedo so cruel! But I can control my personality easily and really am thinking of being an actor. but, by my age, probably the 12-14 year old padawan who dies telling Bail Organna to leave.

Hey, I wouldn't mind playing Aayla's boyfriend who she was "madly in love with!"
WWDD What would dogbert do?
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Anomie wrote:I would also have to go with this one, or maybe Porkins from ANH.
Damn it, I wanted to play Porkins! :razz:

Oh, well. Physically, I'd probably be able to do (besides Porkins) political aid/lackey to some Senator from the Bumblefuck system, or maybe Boss Nass, if I get a suit and a ton of make-up/CGI stuff to help out..

Personality/wise, I'd be well suited for Lobot: I love collecting and reading through data and managing things, and I'm the soft-spoken kind of guy that sits in the background, doing all the real work. That, or maybe some nameless first-generation Clone Trooper, a sniper.

My fantasy part, though? Imperial Royal Guard. I get the cool armor and the robe, learn deadly martial arts, and get to do all the super-secret missions that nobody learns about. Plus, I get to sell myself out as a Mercenary once ol' Palps kicks the bucket, Kan Kyros-style.

Did I mention the cool suit?
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.