Clone Wars Season II Thread...

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

phongn
Rebel Leader

Clone Wars Season II Thread...

Post by phongn »

"I have you now" :D
YT300000
Sith'ari

Re: Clone Wars Season II Thread...

Post by YT300000 »

phongn wrote:"I have you now" :D
I don't live in the US, and I don't have Cartoon network, so I haven't seen any of the episodes.

Was that comment from Anakin when he was fighting Asjaa Ventress?
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Crazy Goji
Padawan Learner

Post by Crazy Goji »

A comment he made while dogfighting Assajj when he locked onto her ship.

I personally liked the exchange between Obi Wan and the ARC Trooper.

"That isn't one of ours."

"No, sir."

"That's Anakin!"

"Yes, sir."[/i]
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

So how many lances have there been so far? ;)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Crazy Goji
Padawan Learner

Post by Crazy Goji »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:So how many lances have there been so far? ;)
Suprisingly none so far in the second season. Then again, it's mainly been the dogfight between Anakin and Assajj.
Khemri
Youngling

Post by Khemri »

Also seems the Clone Troopers transport ship can go into hyperspace in the atmosphere.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Khemri wrote:Also seems the Clone Troopers transport ship can go into hyperspace in the atmosphere.
I'm not sure, they didn't have the characteristic whine from a hyperspace jump. It may have just been them accelerating to high sublight velocities.
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Mace's force jump over the shockwave made me chuckle. Are those the decimators from Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds doing that? Still don't get that weapon was pretty pointless considering can get the same effect just dropping a bomb.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Is it still just CHapter 11 out or have you gotten something early? I don't remember seeing Mace at all.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

The lack of HUDs annoys me.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

phongn wrote:
Khemri wrote:Also seems the Clone Troopers transport ship can go into hyperspace in the atmosphere.
I'm not sure, they didn't have the characteristic whine from a hyperspace jump. It may have just been them accelerating to high sublight velocities.
That we definitely not a hyperspace jump. In fact, it is almost identical to the scene in ANH where the Falcon takes off from Mos Eisley. It's actually a few moments afterwards that we even see the Falcon leave atmosphere, and at least a minute later that Han manages the jump to light speed.

Speaking of accelerating and high velocities, this really gives me the feel I was looking for for a one-on-one, all-out dogfight. We've never seen that in visual SW before. It's always goal-oriented and/or confined by asteroids/ships/surfaces. You can just see it - the acceleration really doesn't matter. They select a desirable passing v, and there they are. Want to get away from the fight? Boom, you're gone. You might be pursued, of course, but you're only in a dogfight because you want to be there. One retraction about it not being goal-oriented, though: did it seem to anyone else that they weren't really trying to turn each other into a pretty ball of lights? Maybe Anakin wanted his enemy alive so he could discover who it was, and Assajj was more interested in fighting elsewhere, where she hoped to have more of an advantage. Well, perhaps Assajj wanted him dead and just couldn't manage it, and then decided to lead him away.
Oh, and I'm thinking Anakin must have been smart enough to dial down the power on his shots to keep from turning his master and the clones into charcoal. Why he was firing at all at some points isn't clear, though.

Oh, and "I have you now" seems like it should have been dumb, but it was just awsome. Absolutely the best possible line choice.
Vympel wrote:The lack of HUDs annoys me.
Well, it's not like they use them elsewhere in Star Wars. And really, if youre going to be seeing the enemy ship for less than a second of each pass, wouldn't a HUD be more distracting than helpful, compared to a dedicated targeting display?
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Alan Bolte wrote: Well, it's not like they use them elsewhere in Star Wars. And really, if youre going to be seeing the enemy ship for less than a second of each pass, wouldn't a HUD be more distracting than helpful, compared to a dedicated targeting display?
I don't see what the benefit of a dedicated display is. You're taking your eyes off the actual target. There's absolutely no reason why that display couldn't be projected in front of the pilot, or, even better, on the pilot's helmet (if he has one).

And yes, this annoys me throughout Star Wars.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Episode 12 aired this week on Teletoon in Canada, hope it wasn't spoiler info but I'll wait till others respond to episode 12.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

One thing about clone wars cartoon that could have been improved is the graphics and animation. It would have been better if it was done in the same format as Robotech.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

phongn wrote:
Shouldn't there be like a massive atmospheric disturbance then? I mean those engines probably shoot out energy like a diffused turbolaser, or several.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

evilcat4000 wrote:One thing about clone wars cartoon that could have been improved is the graphics and animation. It would have been better if it was done in the same format as Robotech.
I actually like the Samurai Jack style.
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Episode 13 just aired, and though some of it was horribly ridiculous I hope of this stuff makes it into SW-ep3. Especially if Mace kicks this much ass.

Minor SPOILER:

All I gotta say is after a bit of Mace ownage on the entire droid army, he takes a drink from a little kid watching the battle heh.
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

Episodes 13 and 14 will be aired tonight at 9:30 p.m. on Teletoon here in Canada
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

I just saw episode 12, and all i can say is: wow.

I dont care what anyone says, this shit should be canon. That giant sonic hammer weapon would devastate any kind of ground armour easy.

More over, i like the whole feel of thsi series. Especially stuff like the lancer troopers. That was just amazing. This is easily the best animated show i've seen since Robotech :)

Waiting patiently for episode 13...
Kanye West Saves.

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

evilcat4000 wrote:One thing about clone wars cartoon that could have been improved is the graphics and animation. It would have been better if it was done in the same format as Robotech.
Robotech is dead. Long live Macross.

I agree, it would have been better as an anime series, and with the same episode count but with them at ~10-15 minutes apiece rather than just five.

For me, the episodes are already over by the time they just get started, and near-silent movie-ish Samurai Jack nature of the presentation doesn't jive with me at all: it doesn't feel much like Star Wars.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I like the format. They're soldiers; there's nothing to say, so they don't say anything. I'm just glad to finally see a show where the cannon fodder are well trained, prepared, and professional.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Stark wrote:I like the format. They're soldiers; there's nothing to say, so they don't say anything. I'm just glad to finally see a show where the cannon fodder are well trained, prepared, and professional.
Thes soldiers did have some lines, the ARC trooper commander for example.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

I must say, Episode 14 was a little bit over the top with the extent of Mace Windu's abilities. Seriously, he looks like bloody Demi-God Neo from the Matrix, shredding 1000 Super Battledroids with his bare hands! :roll:

Not only that, but Mace then proceeds to jump 1000 meters into the air into the Droid Stomper of Doom and make it magically explode after making a few cuts here and there. As a final incomprehensible feat, Mace jumps out the window of the control room of the machine and lands a good 10 km away from the battle in front of some kid, who offers him some water. Mace then takes off Superman-style and flies, yes, flies away.

Sometimes these animators really exaggerate this stuff to the point were it gets stupid.

Episode 15, by contrast, was fairly good, eventhough the Jedi wank-fest continued somewhat with Bariss Offee and Luminara Undill hacking away at a couple dozen droids.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

After seeing episode 12 I'm wondering why it was Mace wasn't able to clear the entire damn arena on Geonosis all by his lonesome.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

The kid should have given Mace a pepsi, and Mace throws him his tattered outer robe before he leaves. =>