Star Wars Galaxy Map

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Star Wars Galaxy Map

Post by Kuja »

I'm sure you've all seen the map that NJO uses to track the YV invasion. What do you think of it?

Personally, I don't trust it, for three reasons:

1. Thyferra? Thyferra? Hmmm, I don't see I anywhere.

2. In The Bacta War, Alderaan's supposed to be closer to Corellia than Coruscant....doesn't look that way on the map.

3. In SOTE, Zhar is supposed to be a really long way from Tatooine...but on the map, therer practically neighbors!

Please comment.
JADAFETWA
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Do you think that is a POS map. The new RPG book that came out, it's really thick, has a map right in the middle, and it has all types of things construed. That map, I kind of work with. It has a lot of EU stuff in it. Mainly I use the map in the Visual Dictionary. It's vague, but shows the size of the galaxy.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
une
Padawan Learner

Post by une »

That map is garbage. There is no way that the unknown regions would be that large, and be that close to Curuscant, after having 25,000 years to explor it.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

NJO map = cartoon.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Even worse is the Vong invasion path. They're just begging for their thrusts to be cut off.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:Do you think that is a POS map. The new RPG book that came out, it's really thick, has a map right in the middle, and it has all types of things construed. That map, I kind of work with. It has a lot of EU stuff in it. Mainly I use the map in the Visual Dictionary. It's vague, but shows the size of the galaxy.
Which RPG book are you reffering to? The Original Core Rulebook or the Revised verison which came out about a month or so ago? The Revised rulebook's map does have a lot going for it (though it includes only a few major systems on the "far" side of the core). The Original by comparison has the NJO map.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

The map makes the YV invasion make no sense (which is exactly the route that it was supposed to clarify). I could attribute no strategic importance to anything, and one wonders why the YV don't just invade Coruscant about eight books back. Either the map is wrong or all of the books are wrong, and I have to trust the books as being official.

I was almost expecting the Unknown Regions to have a little picture saying "Here there be Dragons" or something to that effect. :lol:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

I think I saw a "here be monkeys" somewhere in there. :wink:
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

No, you misread it. It says: "here be assassin droids." I don't know how you got "monkeys" out of there, but whatever. :D
JADAFETWA