SW Current Mid Range Calcuations

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

SW Current Mid Range Calcuations

Post by Mr Bean »

Right here is todays version of MID Range calcuations based off everyones favorite ISD MK II

All sources will be reference as nessary

Now then when calucation our old LOW end I did everything possible to neutuer the ISD incudling not counting any thing but HTLS firing and using twenty year old gun to do the firing.

Now then this time around where we will be trying to find the most LIKLEY and inculding all relvant factors to give a better idea of the most likley SW IS MK II fire and shielding power

Now then lets get going

Right first off is the old senarior we used to find low end calcs, the Moonshadow VS Direption fight which was anywhere between ten to thirty seconds long, on my low end I went with 10 seconds and said Five Vollys of course I was assuming worst case, Based on Human reaction times and what-not 18 seconds howver is more likley, upping our Total to 9 Vollys.

Now then we will be counting in those 25 MTLs we counted out the last time are to be inculded this time around and we are going to use acutal firepowers this go around

Based on ICS/Scaling and visual evidance the MTLs are most likely an improved version of the Acclimator Guns, How much we don't know and because I like nice even numbers we will be using 250 Giga-tons for MTLs

Alright 250 Gigatons on those guns as for Heavy Turbolasers we turn to scalling and visual evidence for this(TESB, ROTJ) and can place thier firepower at anywhere from 2.3332 Tera-tons to 29 Teratons, Taking the mean of this yeilds us with 17 or so but I'll be cutting it down to ten to give us a nice cleaner number

Now then so thats
Nine Salvos of 25 250GT MTL and 30 10TT HTLs
Right

25x250=6250+ (30x10,000)=306,250 or just over 306Tera-tons in One Volly
Right times nine
9X306,250=or 27,596,250 or rounded around 28 Penta-tons
Lets round it to a nice low 28,000 Tera-tons eh? :D

Makes it easier to undestand or to say it another way

27,596,250,000,000,000 Tons

So using most likley Figures there places us at Peta level shielding oor
some Sci-Fi Comparsions

The E-D assuming infintie Quantum torps(128 Megatons each)
27,596,250,000/128=215,595,703 torps and at 4 every two seconds(Divide by 2 get 2 a second)

215,595,703=107,797,851seconds/60=1796630 minutes/60=29942 hours/24=1247 days/7=178 weeks/52=3.47 YEARS

100 Defanits pumping out 8 per second Q-Torps agian or 4,000 Torps every second

215,595,703/4000=53,898 seconds/60=898minutes/60=14.97 Hours of Direct Hammering to take down a section of ISD shields by 100 Defanits

The Andromida Asendant Assuming those 100 Mega-ton Anti-ship missles
320 A second
27,596,250,000/100=275,962,500/320 a Second=862382 seconds/60=14373 minutes/60=239 hours/24=9.981 Days

The *Name omited AD crusiers able to pump out 1,600 a second
27,596,250,000/1,600=17247456 seconds/60 287460 minutes/60=47591 minutes/60=79 hours or just over three days

A Culture Worldship firing one salvo
ISD=Kaboom
Last edited by Mr Bean on 2002-09-24 02:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

So all in all...basically I dunno Starfleet would have to pump out Thousands of Soverign class Warships...and then they would contend with a part of a planetary defense force :lol:

Nice calcs though...helps me trying to debunk morons on other boards claiming that 200 Gigatons can destroy a planet.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

So, my calcs aren't low, but they aren't middle either... What are they?

Ghost: Link? It sounds like Loser99 is there and I want to play with him.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

It's on Gamefaqs.com

On the Star Trek board funnily enough.

It really has gone to new levels...

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Re: SW Current Mid Range Calcuations

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Mr Bean wrote:Right here is todays version of MID Range calcuations based off everyones favorite ISD MK II
<snip>
Now then so thats
Nine Salvos of 25 250GT MTL and 30 10TT HTLs
Right
One thing I would note is that visual inspection of the ISD-II model shows, clearly, that there are 4 batteries of 8 heavy guns. In other words there are 32 HTLs per broadside. This would add a total of 180 TT or 20 TT per volley.
25x250=6250+ (30x10,000)=306,250 or just over 306Tera-tons in One Volly
Now with the 20 TT added in we have a per volley firepower of 326.25 TT.
With 9 volleys we get:
9* 326.25 TT = 2936.25 TT
= 2.9 PT
= 2,936,250,000,000 kT
= 1.23e28 J

You actually added a zero in your calculations so your correct total is actually a full roder of magnitude off minus the slight difference in gun total you didn't account for.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

32 ahh forgot the extra two, see if you can find the LTL number per-broad side as I wanted to calcutate that in too

Right now I'm playing *Lets pretend and saying that the none of the LTL's where shooting at the other ISD rather they where shooting at fighters but that does not seem to be what there made for :? though they can do that

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shadow
Padawan Learner

Re: SW Current Mid Range Calcuations

Post by Shadow »

Mr Bean wrote:A Culture Worldship firing one salvo
ISD=Kaboom
There is no such thing as a Cuture Worldship. There are GCUs, ROUs, LOUs, GOUs, GCVs, LSVs, MSVs, and GSVs.

Least to Greatest(in my opinion):
GCU=General Contact Unit
LOU=Limited Offensive Unit
GOU=General Offensive Unit
ROU=Rapid Offensive Unit
GCV=unknown, possibly General Contact Vehicle
LSV=Limited Systems Vehicle
MSV=Medium Systems Vehicle
GSV=General Systems Vehicle

Anyhow, any of them could destroy anything from Star Wars with one of their weapons. They could also effectorize it and/or its crew(if it has a crew).
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Mr Bean wrote:32 ahh forgot the extra two, see if you can find the LTL number per-broad side as I wanted to calcutate that in too

Right now I'm playing *Lets pretend and saying that the none of the LTL's where shooting at the other ISD rather they where shooting at fighters but that does not seem to be what there made for :? though they can do that
Part of the problem with LTLs is that they are really unacounted for. All of the occasions on which we see LTL fire (and also the smaller guns) there is no readily visible gun port and no scan I've yet seen has shown enough detail to reveal definitive LTL locations. Also LTLs seem decidely perfect to exploit gaps in shielding by targeting pinpint structures like antennae or work as coutner-battery fire since they are undoubtably more accurate.

Anyway I also remind you to remember to check you number of zeros. Were DarkStar here you would be a bald faced liar for adding one too many zeroes. I mean hell I'm a liar because he misrepresented a quote I gave him.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

My Bad shadow :D

I've heard the phrase Culture worldship tossed around so many times I thought it was an acutal ship-class

Ha Lire
Youngling
Location: The poor guy's in the middle of outer space. Pick him up please.

Post by Ha Lire »

... I was looking at Gamefaqs(=P I'm La Hire there... if you want to find me. I don't post much anymore however...) and there's a guy claiming that lasers can't hurt the enterprise. >_<
Ha Lire has decided to post in third-person untill he is a padawan. He hopes you have a nice day. He also asks you not to taunt him. You may also kick him if he messes it up.
omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

Ha lire

Post by omegaLancer »

Get a clue, look at the Web site.. Look at the all the posts already base on this..
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Yes, check the *Cheat Sheet Forum

The outragious Otakon epsoide has been delt with so many times its not even funny anymore

To give you a comparsion, saying Lasers can't hurt the Enterpize is like saying the Earth is Flat at this point :D

Shadow
Padawan Learner

Post by Shadow »

Ha Lire wrote:... I was looking at Gamefaqs(=P I'm La Hire there... if you want to find me. I don't post much anymore however...) and there's a guy claiming that lasers can't hurt the enterprise. >_<
:)
Ha Lire
Youngling

Post by Ha Lire »

*suddenly thinks that Shadow knows about the thing La Hire is supposed to be on*

Ha Lire has decided to post in third-person untill he is a padawan. He hopes you have a nice day. He also asks you not to taunt him. You may also kick him if he messes it up.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ehh waaa now?

Ha Lire
Youngling

Post by Ha Lire »

Its nothing. Technically, I'm not "La Hire" so it doesn't apply to me anyway.

:lol:
Ha Lire
Youngling

Post by Ha Lire »

*kicks self*

Good job killing the topic, JubJub...
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Ghost Rider wrote:It's on Gamefaqs.com

It's always been that bad...

Some of the GameFAQs trekkies are... well... not the sharpest knives in the box.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Sharpest...try more like dull bricks...one is still saying LASERS won't hurt the Enterprise/Feds of any power level.

I've seen morons comprehend the simple thought More power=Stronger better than some of them.

Ha Lire
Youngling

Post by Ha Lire »

Well... at least LUE is funny. =D
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Whats the direct link to the board?
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Ha Lire
Youngling

Post by Ha Lire »

Captain Lennox wrote:

No need, the topic reached 500 posts anyway. Its closed now.
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Ha Lire wrote:
Captain Lennox wrote:

No need, the topic reached 500 posts anyway. Its closed now.
Anyway, PM me with the link, I must be an ever watchful scout, patrolling Trekkie bastions for resistance.
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Mr Bean wrote:My Bad shadow :D

I've heard the phrase Culture worldship tossed around so many times I thought it was an acutal ship-class
I don't think they build ships that big. Stations perhaps, but the largest I know of was the Size Isn't Everything at 30 km, IIRC.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Shadow
Padawan Learner

Post by Shadow »

Captain Lennox wrote:Anyway, PM me with the link, I must be an ever watchful scout, patrolling Trekkie bastions for resistance.
I don't think there will be another. SSJTOM continued the discussion, but "hello hello," possibly some others, and I marked it for moderation. A moderator apparently delted it after this.