Which of those imperial officers is your favorite?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Which imperial officer is your favorite?

Admiral Motti
No votes
General Tagge
No votes
Admiral Ozzel
3%
Captain/Admiral Piett
44%
Captain Needa
18%
General Veers
35%

Total votes: 34

Grand Admiral Chaos
Redshirt

Post by Grand Admiral Chaos »

Now that I remember, that's not right either. Oops. :P
"Wear the grudge like a crown of negetivity. Calculate what we will or will not tolerate. Desparate to control all and everything. Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen." - Tool (The Grudge)
Needa
Youngling

Post by Needa »

This mistakes will be your last, Grand Admiral Chaos

GAC:ark...ark...ark...aaa

:P :roll: :wink:
Before you, pitiful trolls, invade this forum take note that:
Mr. Bean will not fear using his irony agaisnt you.
Sir Nitram will burn your idiotic arguments.
Grand Admiral Thrawn will generously dismember your illogical thoughts.
Master of Ossus will bash your stupidity.

And if you are still alive, DARTH WONG WILL CRUSH WHAT'S LEFT. You have been warned.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

No Pelleaon, the man responsible for saving the Empire? J00 suck.

And Hoth was a major victory. They grabbed the base, 19 transports, and plenty of personnel.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:I can't believe you consider Hoth to be a big victory. They generally lost. Sure, they overran the base, but the Rebels got away to go to some other base. And wasn't the entire purpose of the battle to destroy the Rebels? Not drive them out of their base? IMO, it was a loss and not a victory. Probably only a morale booster.
"Hey look we shot some fleeing Rebels in their backs!"
"Woohoo! I sure like shooting them when they run away from us! You know, to their ships...and then....umm.....after them!"

17 ships were obliterated, they lost a lot of troops, and it crushed their morale.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Grand Admiral Chaos
Redshirt

Post by Grand Admiral Chaos »

Ok, ok! So I haven't seen the movies in two months! Ack..ack.. :: grasps his throat :: :P ;) Either way, Veers was just great at his job, and managed to score the only clear victory over the Rebels in the films that was a large battle. I guess some could say the Empire lost the battle, but I must ask: who was fleeing the scene? Definately not the Empire. ;) Perhaps the Empire didn't gain a complete victory, but it was a victory. The Rebels were forced into full retreat and relocate to a new base while losing good people and equipment in the process. Rebel forces may have escaped, but they certainly did not achieve anything outside of preserving their own existence. I remember learning somewhere that Veers was supposed to die originally, but I'm glad he didn't. That would just be unfair. :P By the way, is it just me, or is there a popular notion that Imperials are easily defeated/killed?
"Wear the grudge like a crown of negetivity. Calculate what we will or will not tolerate. Desparate to control all and everything. Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen." - Tool (The Grudge)
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Well, from observing the movies, yeah. But in the EU, no. Then again, when you think about it, the Imperials would have won all of the battles had there not been Luke, Han, Leia, all those major characters. If it were just the Imperial military against the Rebel military, there was a good chance that the Imperials would have won. Let's say that Han never had a change of heart. Luke would have been dead, the Death Star wouldn't have ever been destroyed, the Rebel base would have been destroyed, therefore the entire war would have been over. But Han Solo showed up and saved Luke. Also, if Luke was never in that battle, there wouldn't have been anyone left to blow up the Death Star. Let's say that Luke was too afraid to leave Tatooine and become a Jedi after what those Stormtroopers did to his aunt and uncle, and all of the Jawas and such. Obi-Wan would have went to the Death Star alone, and probably would have had the same or very similar events happening to him. And if Luke wasn't there, he wouldn't have convinced Han to save Leia, also killing her off. The entire Galactic Civil War would have been completely different if those characters never existed or chose to take different courses of action. Another great example is when Luke decided to go to Cloud City. Had he not have went, Artoo wouldn't have been there to help open those doors and allow the Millenium Falcon go to hyperspace. If he wasn't there, Chewie, Lando, Leia, and C-3PO would have been captured/killed by the Empire. Han Solo wouldn't have ever been rescued. There are probably many more instances, but I don't feel like going on with them. lol So you can see that these major characters were really the only things holding back Imperial victory. Without them, the Rebel Alliance would have been lost. People don't realize the importance of these characters. They aren't some shmoes. They are heros.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Note that when Piett mentions Hoth, Ozzel seems frustrated. "It could be anything! It could be smugglers..." It seems that the Imperial fleet had been chasing down every lead, only to find some glitbiters or smugglers hiding away. Maybe he wass just getting tired of chasing ghosts.
JADAFETWA
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Whoops, this is in the wrong thread! Sorry!
JADAFETWA