1st post and question

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

mauldooku
Jedi Master

1st post and question

Post by mauldooku »

Hey guys, what's up? I'm a Warsie who discovered this site by accident. I'm not a very good debator, but I do enjoy it. I've got a really simple question about one of the Star Wars movies:

How big was the size of the Endor Bunker? We know that the Imps had an AT-AT, and we know that they kept it at the front. I'm figuring that once they realized they were losing, they would send the AT-AT to the front of the bunker. I'm assuming they didn't do this because the bunker was too long, but I really don't have any idea. Anyone know?
God Emperor
Jedi Knight

Post by God Emperor »

Hellow nOOb, now for the traditional welcome, Poke.

For your answer, I can't tell and I don't think anybody can from the movie because we never get a full view of it and it could go for miles underground.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mauldooku
Jedi Master

AIE

Post by mauldooku »

I've been poked ;)
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Re: AIE

Post by Captain Cyran »

Badme wrote:I've been poked ;)
Yeah...you're a dead newbie. I don't poke, and I don't bite like Verilon. (Be careful, and if you see him near run far far away. He'll give you verilonitis.) I Hadoken. :twisted: :twisted: Bye bye Newbie.

*Hadoken's Badme into oblivion*

Hehehe
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Oh well too late for me then, welcome to SD.net and (redundent now but hey) stay away from the pokers.

Perhaps the dense nature of the forest inhibated the movement of the AT-AT?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Then why not clear the area around on general principles?
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Errr, good point. Hmmm *puts thinking hat on*
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Marcus
Padawan Learner

Post by Marcus »

This is an AT-AT. This is the Star Wars Universe. I think its safe to assume that the primary armament of the All Terrain Armoured Transport is sufficient to clear any amount of trees necessary.

It seems more likely that there simply wasnt time... IE, by the time the commander on the scene had realized that he was in trouble, he was out of time to call the big guns in. By the time the Big Guns realized they should come and play, the Death Star was a pretty firework in the sky, and the guy driving the AT-AT was in charge of surrendering.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

I'm asking why they didn't clear the area for a few miles before even beginning construction. One Medium Turbolaser flak burst should do it just fine.
Speaking of which, how the hell did Nom Anor miss the possibility of planetary bombardment if he'd been operating in the Empire back when it was the Empire?
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Greetings.

1. We see bits and pieces of a complex on Endor. A bunker, a landing platform, and a huge dish. There is probably more and more than likely that some is underground.

2. As for the AT-AT, we hear Vader telling the AT-AT commander to continue looking for his companions. This might suggest that the AT-AT was out on patrol and was not able to return in time to be a part of the battle.

3. As far as the Imperials "clearing the fields of fire"? I really can't tell you why. It is possible that they felt little in the way of a threat on the ground and kept the natual foilege for cover against a casual glance from the air/space to break up the visual of the large complex. I admit that, that is thin but its all I can come up with execpt that the Imperials fucked up big on that one.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Boba Fett
Jedi Master

Re: 1st post and question

Post by Boba Fett »

Badme wrote:Hey guys, what's up? I'm a Warsie who discovered this site by accident. I'm not a very good debator, but I do enjoy it. I've got a really simple question about one of the Star Wars movies:

How big was the size of the Endor Bunker? We know that the Imps had an AT-AT, and we know that they kept it at the front. I'm figuring that once they realized they were losing, they would send the AT-AT to the front of the bunker. I'm assuming they didn't do this because the bunker was too long, but I really don't have any idea. Anyone know?
Because the bunker and the landing platform were not close to each other.

I know it sound stupid but watch the movie and you will see.

BTW the AT-AT were patrolling the area near the landing platform and the shield dish. Probably the vegetation wasn't so dense there.

On the other hand the AT-AT was not designed for anti-guerilla fight.

Yes, it could easily make a clear path through the forest but it's usefulness in a forest against infantry would be highly reduced.
I think the imperials gathered almost all their troops at the bunker and didn't have enough left to combine some with the AT-AT.

If the imperials send the AT-AT there before the assault on the bunker their trap would be discovered by th noise of the moving AT-AT.

If they place the AT-AT near the bunker, even a blind man with a stick would find it.

To reach the bunker with the AT-AT after the ewok's trap has been sprung would take a long time.
Visit Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Member of BotM and HAB