Force theory

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Force theory

Post by weemadando »

I've brought this up in ASVS and am looking for other opinions.

What if there is a limited flow of force, roughly half light and half dark, which may be drawn upon by the Jedi and Sith. It would explain why the very large Jedi order is complaining of losing power, while the Sith remain strong.
AL
Padawan Learner

Post by AL »

I would say the Sith are stronger no matter how you cut it.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Heh Lot easier to remain angrey than calm :P

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Mr Bean wrote:Heh Lot easier to remain angrey than calm :P
Agreed. I believe that going to the darkside just gets you stronger quicker.
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

Weak-willed do-gooders will always be crushed by the forces of darkness!

Mind you, my severed head is orbiting Cybertron, so I guess I shouldn't talk.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
Admiral Drason
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Drason »

Jedi moderat there use of the force while the Sith use its awsome powers to rule the galaxy. Huhahaha :twisted:
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn
So Say We All
Night Stalkers Don't Quit
HAB member
RIP Pegasus. You died like you lived, killing toasters
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

The Dark Side is for lazy bastard Jedi. What do you think Yoda meant when he said "no stronger... Quicker, easier, more seductive"
Meaning its as easy as cheese to master the Dark Side, while the Light Side is harder than Chinese Algebra.
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

But the downside of the Dark Side, is that it kills you faster, and disembodiment in the Dark Side is fucking insanity. We heard Palpatine bitch about it a lot in Dark Empire.

Heavy Armor Brigade
AL
Padawan Learner

Post by AL »

well if luke was your last hope you would do all you can to discourage him from the dark side, and i'm not so sure about this makes you die quicker stuff. Palpatine looks rather old and still very powerful. I would say the dark side could allow one to steal a portion of the life force of another to prolong a sith lords life.
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

The Emperor needed clones to transfer his aura into because his bodies could not support the awesome magnitude of his force usage very long. Palpatine was old when Luke met him again in DE I, so I'm going to assume that one body is good for 10 years, because he died in DE I, too. And DE takes place about 10 years after ROTJ.

Heavy Armor Brigade
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

6 yrs. actually. I think it has to do with the way you use the Force. Mara Jade says in I, Jedi that the Light Side wasn't as rough on the engine, and I assume constantly being angry is bad for you, physically and emotionally. I wouldn't know; I'm a happy-go-lucky Sith.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

The force as a disease

Post by omegaLancer »

Hummm from the TPM that fact that the force is linked to micro organisms inhabiting the body of all living things, couple with the fact the higher the amoungs of these organism in a person body the stronger the force one possess, makes the force a disease.. This would explain why the Emperor body decay so rapidily..

There must have been a galactic wide plague that swept thru the SW galaxy, infecting every living creature known.. Races that are more resistance to the disease, would explain why some races are barily effected by the jedi mind powers or have no jedi..