amidila+anakin's romance

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

amidila+anakin's romance

Post by Enforcer Talen »

realistic? I personally thot so, cuz I'm nigh the same age and have had similar convos in the last yr.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Shit yeah!!! Screw the nonbelievers!

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I thought it was a little better in the novelization because it appeared to happen over more time. Plus alot of Amidala's motivation was explained in the book, especially when she and Anakin stopped by to see her family on Naboo.

From the pictures on the official SW site I think they actually shot some of the scenes with Amidala's family but cut them out for time. Perhaps they'll make it onto the DVD?
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
NieA_7
Redshirt

Post by NieA_7 »

To be truthful: it was more like a harlequin romance.

Not my sort of stuff......love is very boring, and so are all those romance crap shows.

I'd rather do something like being lazy. Or eating !
"Live strong."

-Niea

"See ! She gets proper nutrition.. that's why her breasts are so big !"

-Niea
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

NieA_7 wrote:To be truthful: it was more like a harlequin romance.

Not my sort of stuff......love is very boring, and so are all those romance crap shows.

Truthfully, most movies trying to force a romance into a short amount of time have the two people get naked together (wether tastefully done or given the full-on Basic Instinct treatment). We all know that ain't going to happen in a SW flick. Certainly not after Mr. Lucas repeated over and over that TPM was for kids. He would not jump from there to an "R" rating (darnit :( ) in the following film.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
NieA_7
Redshirt

Post by NieA_7 »

Tsyroc wrote:
NieA_7 wrote:To be truthful: it was more like a harlequin romance.

Truthfully, most movies trying to force a romance into a short amount of time have the two people get naked together (wether tastefully done or given the full-on Basic Instinct treatment). We all know that ain't going to happen in a SW flick. Certainly not after Mr. Lucas repeated over and over that TPM was for kids. He would not jump from there to an "R" rating (darnit :( ) in the following film.
Umm, you forgot that the two are going to have kids. In the next movie.

Yeah, we won't swee the romp, but, nonetheless, Lucas could feature the continuing romance.

For me, the romance was a turn-off, and Obi-wan's comment at the arena was a good antidote.

"Good Job."

-Obi-wan
"Live strong."

-Niea

"See ! She gets proper nutrition.. that's why her breasts are so big !"

-Niea
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Was it realistic? Considering that Anakin was the King of Socially Awkward Teenagers, and Amidala was a Smart Older Girl Who Kinda-Sorta Liked The Kid But Damn He's Got Some Issues, yes, I think it was realistic. Anakin's dialogue when he was trying to woo her was downright HORRIBLE... but that's what socially awkward punks do.

Spend twenty minutes in High School and you'll hear far crappier lines than the "I don't like sand..." bullshit.

Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas didn't directly dredge up some of the stupid lines he used back when he was a kid.
The Great and Malignant
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

NieA_7 wrote:

Umm, you forgot that the two are going to have kids. In the next movie.

Yeah, we won't swee the romp, but, nonetheless, Lucas could feature the continuing romance.

For me, the romance was a turn-off, and Obi-wan's comment at the arena was a good antidote.

"Good Job."

-Obi-wan
Right, I just was commenting, in a way, on how in the typical action movie the guy and girl meet, end up in some gratuitous love <think naked or suggestive> scene and then we cut to the action. The action usually leads to one or both of them being in danger. By the end we all know that they are really in love no matter how short the time they had together has been.

It's been looking to me that perhaps Lucas should have made the prequels into 4 movies. He seems to have enough going on that he could have put it into that many movies without having to come up with anything new.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

It felt real to me. Sure one was a diplomat and the other a Jedi, but they were both in love and really dealing with the opposite sex for the first time. Of course its going to be stilted and uncomfortable. Its just the way it is.
Admiral Drason
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Drason »

weemadando wrote:It felt real to me. Sure one was a diplomat and the other a Jedi, but they were both in love and really dealing with the opposite sex for the first time. Of course its going to be stilted and uncomfortable. Its just the way it is.
How can the romance be real?:x Hes a little brat that murders people if he doesn't get his way.( Vader with his Force strangling) I think he used his powers to use her and then unwittingly gets her pregnant
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn
So Say We All
Night Stalkers Don't Quit
HAB member
RIP Pegasus. You died like you lived, killing toasters
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

you do have a pt.

any others? did annie use his amazing force powers or his charming pick up lines to seduce amidala?
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

While I may not like the actor, I think the romance is real.

She honestly feels for him. She knows where he is from and has seen what he has endured. That is true.

He has loved her since he met her when he was just a child. That is infatuation.

The beauty of the situation is what will Anakin feel when he exits puberty and sees the bountiful universe?
Admiral Drason
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Drason »

Anakins just Horny. He may have had a crush on her as a kid but it takes a long time to fall in love, not the week that he spent with her as a kid. Thats why I beleive he was controling her. Hell If I had powers like his I'd use them on hot chicks. Plus hes been with out any real contact with girls of his own age. Most kids move on but shes the only girl that has talked more than three sentences with him.
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn
So Say We All
Night Stalkers Don't Quit
HAB member
RIP Pegasus. You died like you lived, killing toasters
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

'Your trying to use your Jedi Powers on me'
'Naw. Those only work on the weak minded.'

Get over it.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Some girls are attracted to the disturbed type.

Trust me. There's a thrill if you have someone who seems dangerous, but is in love with you. You feel safe yet threatened at the same time. It's a dangerous psychological flaw that I'm worried that I may posess.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
nightmare
Jedi Council Member

Post by nightmare »

Lusankya wrote:Some girls are attracted to the disturbed type.

Trust me. There's a thrill if you have someone who seems dangerous, but is in love with you. You feel safe yet threatened at the same time. It's a dangerous psychological flaw that I'm worried that I may posess.
That's unfortunately completely true. That's why it's so hard for us nice guys to get a girl. Rough types seem more interesting. But it's not a problem for me anymore ;)