So, whats so evil about the Galactic Empire?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Btw, I don't see why Palp's army during the classic trilogy still should be a clone army.
Clones are very expensive to produce, and it takes long until they're ready.
I guess Palpatine ordered the Clone Army because starting a massive recruiting program to prepare for his little wargame with the separatists would be a little bit... obvious.
Later, after the foundation of the Empire, simply drawing recruits from the member planets is more economic, since they only cost training, equipmen, and salary in contrary to clones which have to be raised, educated etc.
Supermod
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Cpt_Frank

Need I remind you
Clones Go Nuts
Try and Kill Everyone
Lots of people Die(The CLONE Wars, Epsode 2 was not the start of it realy, sure first time clones fought but not aginsts everyone)
Planets are Destroyed(Realy BDZ not blow away)
From this chaos two things happens
Empire Rises
Cloning OUTLAWED
;)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Hmm, not necessarily. Clones which are raised in less than a year, perhaps.
But not the Kaminoan clones. They're different.
Supermod
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Those clones also had the training and exact memories of the original pumped into their heads. While the Kamino clones had the same bodies, thy were different people with different memories. Imagine waking up thinking you are the original, and then finding out you are just a clone.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I'd go nuts
Just like they did :D

Acutal the backstory states that some clone was clone baddly and he wanted to rule the galaxy so he stole Cloning Tech and they became the Clone-Masters and he went off and they figured out how to Clone realy fast(And the clones would be realy angrey and violent, all good) and from that built an army tried to take over but clones went crazy and just tried killing everything
So the Jedi's hunted the clonemasters down and put a stop to it but along the way alot of people die and several worlds we lost(They had BDZ type operations run on them)

Cue Imperal March Empire rises in the Chaos
This is the backstory Lucus wrote, Wiether he will stick to it is another thing

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Mr Bean wrote:I'd go nuts
Just like they did :D

Acutal the backstory states that some clone was clone baddly and he wanted to rule the galaxy so he stole Cloning Tech and they became the Clone-Masters and he went off and they figured out how to Clone realy fast(And the clones would be realy angrey and violent, all good) and from that built an army tried to take over but clones went crazy and just tried killing everything
So the Jedi's hunted the clonemasters down and put a stop to it but along the way alot of people die and several worlds we lost(They had BDZ type operations run on them)

Cue Imperal March Empire rises in the Chaos
This is the backstory Lucus wrote, Wiether he will stick to it is another thing

Sounds cool, but where did you get that from?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Lucus talk about on Entertament Tonight back when Esp 1 was Relased

Aaron2
Youngling

Post by Aaron2 »

Couple things. First, Temuera Morrison (who played Jango Fett) is a Maori, not a European. Therefore, if Stormies are clones, they aren't "white" clones.

Second, Leia lied about Alderaan being "peaceful". They were, in fact, the chief weapon suppliers of the Rebellion. From the ANH novel:

"The defense systems on Alderaan, despite the Senator's protestations to the contrary, were as strong as any in the Empire"

"Now that their main source of munitions, Alderaan, has been eliminated, the rest of those systems with sucessionist inclinations will fall in line quickly enough, you'll see"

Alderaan was a military target.

Aaron
Admiral Griffith
Youngling

Post by Admiral Griffith »

the same thing happened on Mon Calamari in Rogue Leader.

Mission Description: "The World Devastator is attacking the peacful world of Mon Calamari..."

Mon Calamari was manufacturing CAPITAL WARSHIPS for the Rebellion. Makes me wonder what the Rebels definition of 'peaceful' is.
It is not well for one to trifle in the affairs of the ancient Chinese generals, for they have a tendency to send armies of tens of thousands of warriors after those who challenge them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Acutal to be truthful they built Pleasure Linerers then converted them into Ships of War
But this was not till ROTJ

Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

But they were already building warships when the World Devas attacked.
Supermod
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Aaron2 wrote:Couple things. First, Temuera Morrison (who played Jango Fett) is a Maori, not a European. Therefore, if Stormies are clones, they aren't "white" clones.

Second, Leia lied about Alderaan being "peaceful". They were, in fact, the chief weapon suppliers of the Rebellion. From the ANH novel:

"The defense systems on Alderaan, despite the Senator's protestations to the contrary, were as strong as any in the Empire"

"Now that their main source of munitions, Alderaan, has been eliminated, the rest of those systems with sucessionist inclinations will fall in line quickly enough, you'll see"

Alderaan was a military target.

Aaron

They also kept several capital warships hid after the clone wars while everyone else dismantled their navies.