Blaster Gas

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Blaster Gas

Post by Straha »

I play the WEG RPG and I came across two different mentionings of different blaster gasses, and one that said that Tibianna was actually one of the lesser used gasses. Is this considered cannon, and am I the only person who didn't know this before?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

the uses of tibianna Gas

Post by omegaLancer »

Actually from the varies novel, it seem that tibianna is not only used in turbo laser, blasters and hyperdrives unit..
Morte
Youngling

Post by Morte »

WEG should be about as low on the chart as it gets, considering the amount of stuff they've got wrong... The only things that are considered canon are the movies, the novelisations of the movies and the radio dramatisations of the movies.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that tibanna gas could only be found on Bespin. Maybe I'm mistaken but that would seem to contradict all this tibanna-gas-makes-the-Star-Wars-universe-go-round stuff. Unless Bespin can somehow supply the whole freakin galaxy.
omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

very common

Post by omegaLancer »

Actual it was also found in the Corona of stars.The Tibianna gas found in the atomshpereof Bespin, due to the high winds of the planet was spin seal ( ?). This made it useful in hyperspace drives and made the process of refining the gas cheaper.

Apparentily it was also easier and let dangerous retrieving it from gas giant than from skimming the corona of stars for it..
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

ICS and AOTC:VD also talks about tibanna gas.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Morte wrote:WEG should be about as low on the chart as it gets, considering the amount of stuff they've got wrong... The only things that are considered canon are the movies, the novelisations of the movies and the radio dramatisations of the movies.
NO! WEG brought us the yotaton ISD heavy guns and the multi exa-yotaton ISD shielding!
Supermod
omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

Actually first mention

Post by omegaLancer »

actually tibanna gas is first mention in ESB, and it it the fact that the gas is already spin seal is why cloud city is buildt.. In the Novel for the ESB it mention that it used in Hyperdrive units..

I not sure when it was link to the gas used in blasters and Turbolasers...
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Just wonder, what is real world equivalent of Tibanna? (or is there any?) I don't think SW universe is much different than real world, at least in natural elements.
omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

A real gas

Post by omegaLancer »

Hmmm, well that hard what gas can give off a energy in the range needed to fuel a turbo laser and is found in the corona of sun or gas giants..

Well for one Helium or one of its isotropes.. The name come from the greek titan Helio, and it first was discovered by observing the light of sun.
it also is found in gas giants and helium 3 would be a potential fuel for fusion reactor.. Problem is that lasering helium would not give you the power needed for a turbo laser..

So it most be a heavy gas, like uranium floride, which can be lased, but would not be found in the corona of stars..

Actual a TL would most likily be a Graser or gamma ray laser, and most likily the nucleons that are excited not the electrons as in a normal light laser., it would still require a heavy atom for max power out put, but not a compound.. the best would be the undiscovered ( they had throught that at one time but was wrong) element 118 Ununoctium, a transuranic noble gas..but it very shortlived... but it most likily another noble gas like radon or Xenon