Fallen Order psychometry/Trilla question?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Fallen Order psychometry/Trilla question?

Post by Adam Reynolds »

In Jedi Fallen Order, there is a pivotal scene in the climax where the Second Sister/Trilla lets Cal grab her lightsaber with the Force, seemingly knowing that it would cause him to get a psychometric reading on it and take him out of the fight.

Does she actually know this in advance or is she just rolling with it?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Fallen Order psychometry/Trilla question?

Post by Lord Revan »

Adam Reynolds wrote: 2023-04-30 10:44pm In Jedi Fallen Order, there is a pivotal scene in the climax where the Second Sister/Trilla lets Cal grab her lightsaber with the Force, seemingly knowing that it would cause him to get a psychometric reading on it and take him out of the fight.

Does she actually know this in advance or is she just rolling with it?
Cal Kestis (sic) seems to have a "specialization" in psychometry so it's possible that the Second Sister had read about it (as they didn't seem familiar before hand), the emperor probably has access to a large portion of the Jedi Archives when it comes to things like the "active" roster of Jedi at time of the fall of the Jedi Order.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Reyvan
Youngling

Re: Fallen Order psychometry/Trilla question?

Post by Reyvan »

I think she probably knew about Cal's psychometry, but I don't think she intended to use it against him. She seems genuinely surprised when he disarms her, and she just took advantage of it.