Solar ionization reactors?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Maximum7
Youngling

Solar ionization reactors?

Post by Maximum7 »

I just read this article on Wookieepedia

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Solar_ ... on_reactor

It says Solar ionization reactors use hypermatter to create a miniature star to power Star Destroyers. Yet that doesn’t make any sense as they also have fusion reactors and a fusion reactor is a hypothetical mini-star. I know this is probably because writers don’t know fusion is a mini-star but it’s frustrating from a Watsonian point of view. I always regarded hypermatter as some exotic form of matter that can allow massive power generation better than fusion but now they are making it sound like they are one in the same. My headcanon has a headache
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Solar ionization reactors?

Post by Solauren »

I think it would work like this -

Normal fusion is 3d fusion, and generates E = mc(2)

Hypermatter Fusion would be multi-dimensional fusion, and generate alot more energy. Like E = mc(D-1), where D is how many dimensions hypermatter actually uses (4+).

So, 4D Hypermatter fusion would generate E = m * (C*C*C) instead of (C*C). Enough energy to make fusion seem like a candle by comparison.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
KraytKing
Jedi Knight

Post by KraytKing »

That is the most absurd, wonderful Star Wars science explanation I have seen in AGES. Holy shit. Can I sig that? Like, seriously. I LOVE that you just spit out an equation for "multi-dimensional fusion."
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
--Mace

The Old Testament has as much validity for the foundation of a religion as the pattern my recent case of insect bites formed on my ass.
--Solauren

I always get nervous when I hear the word Christian.
--Mountain

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

i've always assumed that hypermatter exists in an FTL state, and inverse relativity effect happens if you try to slow it down. what the reactor is doing is containing the hypermatter while slowing it down, thus it begins giving off energy while gaining mass as it gets closer to C. bigger/more advanced reactors can ether handle more hypermatter at a time or can bring it closer to C.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?