1,000 Sectors Too Few?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

1,000 Sectors Too Few?

Post by Jim Raynor »

It is assumed that there are 1,000 sectors in the SW galaxy, based on the 25,000 ISDs with 24 in each sector group and on an estimate of the number of Senate seats in TPM. However, the Imperial Source Book claims that Sectors are grouped into Regions, and that some Regions contain thousands of sectors. Can the Senate seats in TPM really be representing entire Regions and not Sectors? As for the ISDs, who says that they are the only big warships sector fleets can be based around? Dark Empire showed several warships of similar size to an ISD, so the actual number of ISD-sized ships could be much greater. This can be proof for some of the larger SW ship counts of hundreds of millions of ships. It's also a lot more reasonable than the conservative number of 2.4 million ships patrolling an Empire with 51 million worlds.

You can read the quote from the Imperial Sourcebook at MK Sheppard's site here:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rcrierie/ ... SB/Ch1.htm

Scroll down to the section titled "Sectors and Regions".
Tychu
Jedi Master

Post by Tychu »

the only thing that i can respond to is your question about the galactic senate. In Cloak of Deception we find out that many star systems are represented by the Trade Federation in the senate. It could be that many other organizations besides the Trade Federation represents many other systems and planets. Meaning the Galactic senate dosent have to seat thousands upon thousands of seats.
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Perhaps instead of 1,000 sectors, there are 1,000 reigons, or they had reigons and sectors mixed up, and they meant each sector has thousands of reigons. I prefer the former option.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Hmmm.... I think we need more than speculation in order to go against the officail statement that each senator represents a sector (36 worlds, in the case of Palpatine), but I do think that 1000 sectors is too small. Perhaps it can be rationalized by remembering that sector size changes significantly as one moves from the most civilized areas of space to more recently colonized ones.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."