Eckharts Ladder Star Wars lore

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Re: Eckharts Ladder Star Wars lore

Post by Darth Yan »

You can like the books certainly; from what little I was able to actually read online they had charm and usefulness. The problem is that a lot of the fanboys treat them as a religious text that can't be contradicted ever. Pablo's issue is that he got his start there, and so did his friends. His REAL reason for attacking tech fans is that they're criticizing stuff he and his friends worked on, and I think he took it personally. That he lies and goes "oh they're just being nerds and overly serious" is basically just him trying to mask his hypocrisy and that's irritating as hell.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

RogueIce wrote: 2022-08-20 12:11pmSo properly, it should be the Empire had at least 25,000 ISDs in service at the height of its power. With the true number being left to the imagination of the viewer/reader. Which is the best way to handle "the numbers" IMO.
IIRC, the 25k number originated in Specter of the Past:
A thousand systems left, out of an Empire that had once spanned a million. Two hundred Star Destroyers remaining from a Fleet that had once included over twenty-five thousand of them.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

No. The 25,000 number was around long before 'Spectre of the Past' as already indicated most likely from WEG gaming materiel.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Do you have a citation? If it was in a WEG sourcebook prior to SOTP, I certainly never noticed it. Neither did Curtis.

https://www.theforce.net/swtc/novels/sotp.html
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Galvatron wrote: 2022-08-21 01:23am Do you have a citation? If it was in a WEG sourcebook prior to SOTP, I certainly never noticed it. Neither did Curtis.

https://www.theforce.net/swtc/novels/sotp.html
It's mentioned on pg. 118 in the rulebook for WEG's second edition of Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game from 1992. There's a section (a mini-sourcebook) with details on various ships and under "Imperial Star Destroyer" it says:
WEG 2nd Edition rulebook for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game wrote:With over 25,000 of these awesome ships at his disposal, it is no wonder that Emperor Palpatine could instill fear in the hearts of the galaxy's citizens.
It was also inferred in the "Imperial Sourcebook" as it was stated that a sector fleet had 24 Star Destroyers (and I guess the info from there was made more specific).
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Thanks. I don't think I ever had that one, just the Imperial Sourcebook and the Dark Empire Sourcebook.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

It's fairly easy to rationalize the 25k figure without going into minimalism, that number could just be for ISD I's not including the Deuces, Tectors, or any of the other Imperator variants.

To go farther it could just be that it was the number ordered from KDY, and does not include ships produced at Fondor, Corellia, Eriadu, or any of the other shipyards.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?