The Mandalorian Discussion Thread (spoilers and such)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: The Mandalorian Discussion Thread (spoilers and such)

Post by LadyTevar »

bilateralrope wrote: 2023-04-23 01:43pm I see that Gideon got the good Beskar. While the other imperials got some that couldn't stop blasters.
Also... Did you notice that Gideon was wearing Power Armor? It had a Power-Assist System of some kind, that whined mechanically every step he took, every attack he made. It was probably also why he was able to break the Dark Saber (and possibly Bo Katan's hand), just by squeezing.

Which, of course, leads to another Question -- Why Destroy The Dark Saber?
Will that be a black mark against Bo Katan, losing the Dark Saber permanently? Will she be able to simply claim it was "lost in the battle with Gideon", and not go into HOW it was lost?
Will this make her Rule more stable, as there will be no temptation for another to challenge her for the Saber (and right to rule)?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

bilateralrope wrote: 2023-04-23 01:43pm I see that Gideon got the good Beskar. While the other imperials got some that couldn't stop blasters.
I think Gideon got the pure beskar, while the redshirts got some sort of alloy. I imagine that serves the purpose of being able to make more by volume, and if one guy goes rogue, they don't become some unstoppable Terminator.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-04-23 04:45pm If I was a TIE pilot with a jump engine, at that point I'd cut my losses and run because the mission just went FUBAR. There's no base to come back to. **IF** any Imperial bigwig survived, they'd blame the TIEs for bringing down the Cruiser atop the base, instead of "safely" blowing it up in space.
Of course, that would mean any other Imperial they come across is going to want to punish them for running instead of fighting. Those pilots would have limited options.

Assuming they had hyperdrives. Giddeon could have cut costs and reduced the chance of leaks by not equipping every TIE with one.
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-04-23 04:51pm
Also... Did you notice that Gideon was wearing Power Armor? It had a Power-Assist System of some kind, that whined mechanically every step he took, every attack he made. It was probably also why he was able to break the Dark Saber (and possibly Bo Katan's hand), just by squeezing.

Which, of course, leads to another Question -- Why Destroy The Dark Saber?
Will that be a black mark against Bo Katan, losing the Dark Saber permanently? Will she be able to simply claim it was "lost in the battle with Gideon", and not go into HOW it was lost?
Will this make her Rule more stable, as there will be no temptation for another to challenge her for the Saber (and right to rule)?
Yes. I noticed the power armor.

As for destroying the Dark Saber, he probably didn't need any reason beyond it mattering to Bo Katan.
Gandalf wrote: 2023-04-23 05:22pm
I think Gideon got the pure beskar, while the redshirts got some sort of alloy. I imagine that serves the purpose of being able to make more by volume, and if one guy goes rogue, they don't become some unstoppable Terminator.
Yes. The logistics makes sense.