Star Wars Resistence

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Ire
Youngling

Star Wars Resistence

Post by Ire »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMjC6tl-Tw[/youtube]

Been watching it so far

Massive downgrade from rebels. Anyone following it?

I see theres another thread dunno if this is fine
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Re: Star Wars Resistence

Post by Knife »

Watched about 10 min of the first one, turned it off, never went back.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I mean, The Clone Wars and Rebels both started out with weaker first seasons, were roundly attacked, and then won over a devoted fan base as the show went on.

If you've given it a season or two and hate it, fair enough. But judging it on a single brief watch suggests you were never interested in giving it a chance to begin with.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2019-04-22 06:20pm I mean, The Clone Wars and Rebels both started out with weaker first seasons, were roundly attacked, and then won over a devoted fan base as the show went on.

If you've given it a season or two and hate it, fair enough. But judging it on a single brief watch suggests you were never interested in giving it a chance to begin with.
I think that's just how Star Wars works. Everyone hates them when they first drop, then after a while they're considered deep works that only true fans appreciate. :P
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the people defending the Sequels and saying how Episodes X-XII ruined Star Wars in a decade or so.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I watched the first two parter, but it didn't really catch my interest, so I didn't pursue it. Mostly because I love stories about pilots, it didn't grab onto me. Maybe I'll give it a shot when I'm in the mood.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

I've watched it, while not loving it, while acknowledging that it is not aimed at me. I do think the last few episodes of the first season start to move it forward in a similar way to how Clone Wars and Rebels eventually started exploring deeper/more mature themes. The last two episodes overlap with The Force Awakens, specifically the part where Starkiller Base destroys Hosnian Prime. The main character is from Hosnian Prime, so draw your own conclusions there.

I do hope that it will continue to evolve over the seasons. I didn't like Rebels as much as the Clone Wars, but I still felt it was a worthwhile addition to Star Wars by the end, and I think Resistance can get there too, eventually.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yup, the animated series (which are all made by the same head writers/producers IIRC) have all followed a pretty clear pattern: animation that looks ugly at first glance but tends to grow on you over time, and a light, cheesy, kiddy-oriented first season that gets darker and more arc-driven towards the end of the first season.

bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

I'm thinking of giving it a look when Disney's streaming service goes live.