Disney's Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Re: Disney's Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Post by Galvatron »

Kinda like this? :D

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Honestly, I never got "suppressing fire" from that scene. It seemed more like just "shooting towards stormtroopers."
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

That's basically what suppressive fire is.

You shoot at the enemy's location to make them focus on not getting hit so they can't focus on shooting you or your comrades.

Generally done by someone other than the person or forces trying to move, but the three of them weren't exactly communicating all that well in the scene.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

You implied that it looked to be on purpose, as opposed to incidental.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

It looks to me like Leia's thought process is something along the lines of "I need to cross the corridor -> I will be exposed -> I'm not sure if I can get into cover to avoid being shot -> I will shoot at the stormtroopers as I cross so it's harder for them to hit me when I am most exposed."

I would call that suppressive fire, even if on a level of technical competency it isn't what would be expected of a soldier, because it fulfills the same purpose.

Han and Leia both handle their blasters in the way I'd expect of someone trying to suppress an enemy as well: between the shoulder and the hip, where it's easy to cover a wide area with fire but hard or impossible to land accurate hits. Luke's the only one who even tries to use the blaster's sights and he only has the time to squeeze off one shot, maybe two, which are completely ineffective.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Which fits well enough, in and of itself. Leia is an experienced rebel spy, and Han is a smuggler with prior experience in the Imperial Army. Luke is a farmboy. Of course Han and Leia will be fighting more like professional soldiers than Luke.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

This is not bad Series so far ;it has a funs, this for children that never seen Star Wars before ( I know hard to believe right :shock: :D )
Bullets always have the right of away
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Yup. Its to introduce the OT characters and backstory to kids who have never seen it.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.